[PSA] Implants will NOT be released with GU13

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheJosephChrist, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Vortok

I knew the devs were pretty intelligent and not nearly as dumb as forumside wants us to believe, but it still says something to pull a feature from a patch that was so close to release.
  2. joe smo

You spoil us with your presence Higby.
    :3
    *correction, got a add that post in :)

Edit
    O, and glad to see Implants are getting pushed back for the time being.
    I liked a few, them being enhanced targeting and safe landing, but the rest was honestly worrysome.
    • Up x 1
  3. Neurotoxin

I'm glad to see that the feedback has come through, and that we'll see a change from the current plan for Implants. I really wasn't looking forward to the option of dishing certs or SC just to be on the same equipment level as players who are willing to spend for stuff, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the team moves forward with implants.

I stand by my suggestion of Cybernetics resource. That way a player can't just run in and die all the time unless they remove their implants, and it also encourages players to hang out and wait for medics. It could still be Certs or SC to unlock an implant, but Cybernetics to either purchase and stockpile like consumables or to use immediately at the point of spawning from death. Using Redeploy, Instant action, and other things which don't count as a death should allow the player to keep their implants or resources. Alternatively, Implants have to be unlocked, and Cybernetics resource is used to maintain them (so equipping more than 1 if possible will drain the resources faster).
  4. Averath

One thing I'd like to stress, Higby. Forgive us for some of our less polite responses we occasionally (or frequently) give. We're all passionate about the game you've helped create, and want to see it succeed just as much as you do.
    • Up x 6
  5. FrontTowardEnemy

Design by committee is always a bad idea, but I'd suggest soliciting some input from the community regarding implant design, and use PS1's implant design as a starting point. Just sayin'.
    • Up x 2
  6. Rockit

And it is nice to see the proper use of the [PSA] tag!
  7. MilitiaMan

http://1.bp.************/-ZYXLnq5dLVM/Ti2Nq70PuiI/AAAAAAAAB_I/Gb9mOm_TxxU/s320/sky-is-falling.jpg

On a serious note, I think some of these could be fixed by restricting some of them to be only usable by certain classes.

In other words, Infil is the only one that can use Sensor Shield and possibly LA if the C4 vs vehicles nerf hits live.

Everyone can get the slow fall.

Ext.

Ext.
    • Up x 1
  8. Haterade

If anyone ever said that the devs don't listen to us, they were wrong. Just because the devs won't go with random nub's random idea doesn't mean they don't listen. This game is a completely different game than the PS2 I started playing a year ago, and that's mostly because of player input.
    • Up x 2
  9. JonnyBeanTown

This is good news. Stupendous even.
  10. Sordid

They can't. The whole idea behind temporary implants is that you're going to keep buying them for real money. Making them permanent would defeat the point.
  11. Shanther

Thank you god.
  12. Kid Gloves

My faith in the SOE PS2 team remains firm - I am glad you did the right thing.

*tip of the hat*
  13. Van Dax

But what about my vanu bewbs?
    • Up x 1
  14. GhostFalcon

That is what I call a last second save. I actually started BF3 back up again after 3 months in anticipation of boycotting the implants, looks like I don't need to bother with it after all.

Good call.
  15. FnkyTwn

I have a Husky. I've had Huskies my whole life. I love Huskies, but you're
    gratuitous use of Husky meme images won't end well for us or Huskies.

You've been warned.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eclipson

The Devs actually listen to us, what is this madness! :eek:
    • Up x 1
  17. Ash87

Thank you very much.
  18. EliteEskimo

True stuff man,

Well as long as people know that you must give them more attention then a regular dog (Like a Lab or a Golden retriever), are one of the harder dogs to train (not a good starter dog for noob dog owners), require a strong personality to train well, and need lots of exercise in order to have one it will be fine. Oh and they aren't dogs you can leave home all day long with no exercise the whole day either....:D

[IMG]
  19. GSZenith

"drops popcorn"

so how about lolharasser nerf now? :)
  20. Kevorkian

Implants were grossly op, and a major money sink despite the fact they originally weren't intended to be.