Pounders are imbalanced

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Jan 6, 2014.

1. RenegadeHelios

About the NC Falcon. And all AI NC weapons. ._.

But yea, I will say that the pounders have gotten a bit too stronk. I understand their main limitation is versus vehicles at range, where both the Falcons and Comets thrive, but I will say I haven't seen a Fracture in weeks. That should say something. I think taking the fire rate down a notch might help balance it out for sake of MAX combat. I will say it gets pretty frustrating to empty two scatmax magazines into a TR max, to drop down into a crouched Aegis, and get killed by splash damage regardless..... meh
    • Up x 1
  2. CrashB111

ITT: VS MAX user is ******** that the TR now have an effective weapon against his factions spam of MAX suits. Whats the matter? You can't handle when other people can decimate your suit as fast as you can decimate ours with Comets?
    • Up x 4
  3. AccelPrime

1. Get range in a bio lab? Yeah, i'll try that :rolleyes:.

2. I'm not trying to kill infantry with my AV weapons on my Vanu MAX, where are you pulling this from?

3. WHO uses lockdown? Please tell me, because I have NEVER met a TR using lockdown :eek:.

4. AI TTK is much, much longer than AV TTK in MAX versus MAX fights, and this is very obvious when it comes to the Pounders.
    • Up x 1
  4. AccelPrime

Did you even watch the video, or did you manage to forget what happened in 2 seconds? Pounder MAX versus Comet MAX = Pounder MAX will utterly destroy the Comet MAX. Pounder MAX will also utterly destroy the dual Falcon MAX. Pounders are simply too easy to use to you being able to spray 4 volleys before having to reload while having too much damage /shot.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hoki

Cause pounders and comets are practically the same weapon
  6. AccelPrime

Different damage, different reload time, different ROF, different look, different sound, different everything.

Yeah pretty much.

I don't know what you wanted to achieve with your post...
  7. StalkerGER

yeah i tink the pounder is overpowered too i mean they got a giant splash damage against indirect hits unbelievebel fire rate and are super effectiv against other maxes i mean no AV max gun should kill infantry so fast that makes it so strong u dont need to change ur setting because ur strong against all kind of things tanks,infantry and maxes and its even more powerfull then a dualhacksaw with flak armore and even the flakarmore is useless against direct hits so pls if u dont say its OP ur blind or doesnt spend ur time well enough to know it +1 from me
    • Up x 1
  8. Gav7x

Pounders are fine, theyre like the falcons but for less skilled players, dont worry
    • Up x 1
  9. CrashB111

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. Gutseen

lol, pounders are good but useless if the enemy is nimble or too far from a non adjusted shot.
    so nope, they are not OP.
    • Up x 1
  11. Stinneyt

The OP video is misleading. The TR MAX fires and lands its first hit before the VS max even fires.
    • Up x 1
  12. PastalavistaBB

Being handsdown the worst weapon in the game (Yes, even the Enforcer Modified was miles better than this POS) until PU2, it's really sad and funny at the same time people whining about a weapon "OP! Nerf nowz!" which they not once died to before. That said, Pounders already got nerfed Day 2 after PU2, so they can't one clip enemy Maxes. Just read the release notes for the Hotfix.
    • Up x 2
  13. Hoki

Point was you have no clue what you are talking about. Seriously just stop posting.
    • Up x 1
  14. AccelPrime

What does one clip maxes mean? I think one magdump is more than enough, seeing how Comets need two magdumps, and much more time to kill a TR MAX.

You keep doing that, making posts without any arguments whatsoever, it will show up in the data that the SOE team very carefully follows, and they will see how much pounders outperforms other MAX AV weaponry.

That 0.05 difference would not have mattered anyways, as a full reload for the comet takes 1.75s.
    • Up x 1
  15. Wildclaw

Lets get real, any remotely competent VS MAX user is not going to stand out in the open for 2 seconds while reloading his burst damage weapon. Maybe if we had MAX invulnerability shields for VS, but for now we don't.
  16. SirPurplePeopleEater

Right now pounders are more powerful then comets were with zoe on
  17. AccelPrime

Some people really have issues understanding such a simple video. Really, I could not have simplified it any further. This video shows the raw TTK difference without getting into any complex statistics, not even the actual TTK figures. The difference in TTK is just that big. If you still fail to understand this, I really cannot assist you further...

I am however going to make a video of me using the Pounders, just had my first run with them on a base where we were getting spawn capped, still managed a 20+ killstreak and nearly 40k score/hour. It really feels like i'm a god when i'm able to hold back 2-3 VS MAXes who has pocket engis by just spamming my Pounders at them :confused:. They certainly don't feel like AV weaponry when they're able to utterly destroy regular infantry
    • Up x 1
  18. Stinneyt

Time to dust off the pounders and make some n00bs cry.
    • Up x 1
  19. Stinneyt

Perhaps a combat video demonstrating real world application of the pounder may be a more credible source of information than your original video.
    • Up x 1
  20. Bortasz

So, finally the worst weapon of TR arsenal, have usefulness, and VS start crying. :):cool::D:p:rolleyes:;):rolleyes::p:D:cool::)
    • Up x 5