Pounders are imbalanced

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Mxiter

Isn't the video for whining?
    Because "Pounders are imba" isn't a whine thread?
    Far more kills is ...

VS comets get far more kills before PU2.
    VS AI weapons get far more kills before PU2.
    VS AI weapons get far more kills than TR weapons since PU2.

statistics history isn't in favor of VS arguments in max department, sorry.

Pounders get actually something like 30% more kills than VS/NC weapons and that's including pre-spash nerf period.

Comets get far more than 30% more kills than pounders since the release.

Remember those stuffs since the launche:

• Up x 2
  2. VaIhall

I made a forum account just so I could reply to this noob.
    1. Magrider is the worst MBT in the game.
    2. Don't know if our ESF is smallest size but I don't find it any harder to shoot down.
    3. VS Color being darkest? You really just said that? Doesn't matter what color you have anyone is hard to see at night. Unless Brightness.
    4. The Lasher is only a good weapon if you're a noob who can't get kills at all and hope to get some lucky splash damage kills. As for the weapon itself it's not good at all. The accuracy sucks, The Rate of Fire sucks. The damage sucks unless you hit all your shots.
    5. It's common that noobs think the VS has no bullet drop but yes we do have bullet drop, we even have more bullet drop than the other factions on some things.

and you say L2P? lol you have a negative KDR. 0.85 to be exact. Not that KDR is all that matter but when your KDR is that bad you can't make any excuses, you suck.

Oh and the pounders. They're OP against other maxes but that's all.
  3. RenegadeHelios

Magrider isn't necessarily the worst MBT in the game, it's just more of a very armored floating lightning. But people play it like an MBT. And that's why they say it sucks. Yea. Kinda. Okay.

Mossie is the smallest overall, hardest to hit, biggest magazine, fastest, etc. Mossie pretty much beats the Scythe in everything except hover and rocket pod firing scheme. Although, the recent modifications to the Scythe's rotaries made it better.

VS are the hardest to see at night, as compared to the NC and TR. If you turn the brightness up high enough, they're all easy enough to see. Invalid point.

Lasher was meant to be a crowd control/suppression weapon. So yea. Also, damage on any weapon sucks horribly unless you hit all your shots. Because the other guns don't have splash. ._.

Yes, VS has a little bullet drop, but it's much less significant in long ranged combat as compared to other factions, which is an advantage. The Eidelon is an example of where that shines.

Regardless, back on topic, I will say that the Pounders could use a balancing pass. They've become the pre-nerf Vulcan of MAX AV. From behind, it's nearly instantaneous death to a tank. Had that happen to me a few times. ;-;

Falcons and Comets were meant to have a range advantage, but the issue is that Pounders have an advantage almost akin to the Pheonix; They can sit behind a rock and pelt targets. I had the chance to get into position once with a TR MAX on my lowbie TR 34, and I literally sat behind a rock a little bit taller than my max, shot up a little bit, and was hitting a Sundie from a hundred meters away. Blew'd up the Sundie, got a decent amount of infantry kills with it. Try to do stuff like that with an NC MAX and you'll get peltered after the first shot. DPS is an issue in close quarters. I have Flak V on my NC MAX and I still was one-clipped by a TR dual pounder MAX. Tried it with the shield, and they had to reload once. I was firing my Falcons along at the same time to no avail. They walked away with almost half health.

I almost see this as the pre-shotgun nerf conversation, but a little differently; instead of now being effective against infantry only, it's effective against infantry, tanks, aircraft.... I shot a Scythe out of the air with Pounders, only took three salvos. Whereas NC MAXes back in the day had the range limitation end somewhat solidly at a maximum of 20m, Pounders can lob. Whereas NC MAXes had a pretty long reload, Pounders are decently fast. Etc. I'm kind of tired. Probably gibberishing stuff. >.>
  4. StalkerGER

thats what i think u should get the benefit of the flak armor its an granade launcher and not a bulletpiercing projectile its exploding outside
  5. doombro

Comets have no drop. You have to actually aim pounders. I never thought I'd live to see a legitimate "nerf pounders" thread.
    • Up x 3
  6. Choppy89

Pounders are now the old school nc max falcons before GU7. Weren't they OP back then?

Now they are on TR maxes. Not OP now?
  7. Hoki

I haven't check back in in a while. Trust me, everyone thinks you are a whiner, nobody needs to help you with that.

Comets, that fire as straight as a laser, with nearly the same TTK as a pounder, are sooo much harder to use than pounders which have the highest drop of all AV max weapons.

Your video didn't prove anything other than that you have an annoying laugh.

Statistics of new and recently buffed/fixed weapons after 1 week are not meaningful statistics. Sample size, nubcake, sample size.
    • Up x 3
  8. Ganelon

Now if only the TR MAX had AI weapons on-par to those of the NC or VS MAXes...
    • Up x 4
  9. AccelPrime

You are really bad at discussing, period...:rolleyes:. Not only do you bring up the same thing over and over again, but that one thing is also irrelevant to the subject being discussed. Players are not using their MAX AV weaponry for long-range engagements, they're being used in Bio Labs, where everything is about CQC.

And what doesn't matter in CQC? Oh, that'd be projectile drop :eek:! And what is easier to use in clusters of people? Oh that'd be weapons that can spam :p. But yeah, maybe you're right about the sample size being too small. Let us wait for a month, and see if those chart statistics change.

This'll be my last reply to your posts on this matter, as i'm not interested in conversing with a person who cannot hold a civilized discussion.
  10. AccelPrime

I'd be more interested in an AI MAX statistics chart to see if there's any large difference in performance between TR & VS.
  11. MGP

[IMG]

VS MAX outperforms TR by 20%. NC MAX outperforms TR by 40%. But NC and VS whiners are crying about pounders... Because TR can't have good things.
    • Up x 4
  12. AccelPrime

While not as drastic as the difference in MAX AV KPU, there is indeed a difference. The NC MAX performing better is also no surprise since MAX units are mostly used in Bio Labs, where CQC weapons will dominate, and shotguns are very good CQC weapons. I'm fine with this, as they have no real use outside of Bio Labs.

But as in my post above i'll wait for a month and see how things pan out. I have dual Mercy's on my TR MAX, maybe I should see how I can do with them now ;).
  13. MGP

Oh i beg to differ. I did 40/0 killstreak with my dual-grinder max without stepping into a biolab.
    • Up x 2
  14. Ganelon

It's been like this ever since Mercies were nerfed and Blueshifts buffed. That underperforming NC MAX the NC were whining about? Yeah, the TR MAX was always performing worse.
    • Up x 3
  15. MaxDamage

You can tell MAX news is slow when threads called things like "Pounders are OP" are at the top.

LOL.
    • Up x 2
  16. AccelPrime

I'd make a witty comment, but i'd rather not get an infraction. Just like many Vanu defended their ZOE, many TR will defend their Pounders. That's just the way things are. Hopefully some more sane and intelligent individuals will step up. Well, several already have, but obviously they'll get shut down by the masses, that's how these things work. That's also the reason why several things that were clearly OP were left untouched for months. I don't think I have to list any of those items.

Luckily the PS2 dev team likes to use their collected data for reference when balancing, and if that data happens to show anything out of the ordinary, it'll get fixed. I'll just leave it at that :).

Gratz, I don't roll my NC MAX outside of Bio Labs because I know i'll make the most out of the weapons available in CQC. Of course in tower bases the NC MAX is also very effective due to the vast majority of the concentrated infantry battles are in buildings. In Bio Labs I usually get 50ish killstreaks within ~20mins though, so they're very good at that :p.
  17. Mxiter

Sorry but there is difference difference between something that is slightly overperforming and something that is balantely OP and gamebreaking

This thread is like making a thread:
    "Serpent carabine is imbalanced": 845 RMP, good accuracy/bloom/recoil and decently fast reload.
    Or titan AP is imbalanced: 275m/s and OHK ESFS.

assymetrical balance = slight imbalance. Deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  18. Selrahc4040

Your main argument seems to be that Pounders get far more kills on average than Comets. It's kinda obvious why. Most people use Comets as AV weapons, meaning that they have to hit tanks a number of times to kill them, over a relatively long period of time, dropping their kills per hour. On the other hand, people use the Pounder as an anti-infantry weapon, due to it's ability to fire several high explosive shells quickly. Obviously infantry are much squishier than tanks, meaning the kills per hour skyrockets.
  19. Hoki

Review your own posts in order to understand why this discussion isn't civilized.

If you start with an aggressive bullying stance on a topic, be prepared.
    • Up x 3
  20. Bortasz

Mmmmm all doeas tears of VS whining that finally TR basic max AV weapon is not useles... Mmm more!! Give me more!!!