Pounders are imbalanced

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Jan 6, 2014.

1. AccelPrime

Dual Pounders versus Dual Comets

Don't even try to defend them, having been on the recieving end of them in several bio labs me & my mates have completely stopped attacking TR-owned bio labs. It's just too much :(.
    • Up x 5
  2. Ravenorth

How many directs hits pounders need to kill infantry?
  3. MaxDamage

You think Pounders are better than ZOE comets?

Must be a troll.
    • Up x 16
  4. blampoet

I see you're totally clueless about loopsided faction advantages.

VS=MBTs strafe ability, ESF smallest size, VS color being the darkest, ONLY main Infantry weapon that does splash damage, no bullet drop.
    TR=Double barrel MBT cannon, more bullets in the mag, fastest ESF, pounders (see how this works?)
    NC=Most armored tank, awesome MBT ability, most damage on weapons, most armored ESF, 1HT MAX weapons, jackhammer

Each side does something better, if you can't adjust- L2P

Good. Go attack NC labs. I'm sure a face full of Falcon is just what you need.

what's you BS4 tag?
    I hope you will use it more in the future. That's where all the kiddies play because everybody is the SAME.

good luck with repeat direct hits on a ballistic weapon. it arches like a mofo... :S
    statistically:
    INFIL 3
    LA-MED-ENGI 4
    HA 5
    with decent flak +1
    • Up x 1
  5. oherror

Pounders are good if you can land them. Half the time your not even getting direct hits. Most of my kills with them are with door suppression with noobs huddled near the door standing still. Or sometimes a max but the max usually has to really screw up to die by me. Though i never assault or suppress doors alone as that is suicide.

As said above they arch like a mofo so only really good pounder users can hit repeated direct hits even with a standing still target. Thats not saying the splash isn't hitting you though. Point is if you moving around and have flak something equipped your going to be much more OK.

That being said duel falcons really F you up quick with direct hits a lot faster then any pounder. Its fun pulling duel falcons and watching a TR/VS max go down fast after 2 volleys.
    • Up x 1
  6. Mxiter

Pounders TTK: 2.25 sec (1 mag dump)
    Comets TTK: 2.8.3 (2 mag dump + 1 reload)

VS have higher damages burst (removing 50% of HP in 0.5 sec = 1 sec exposition) while TR have to keep LOS during all the time.

If you take care of the video: pounders shoot something like 1 sec before VS. (fortunately your're not comparing AI weapons=
    that's why you only lost 50% of your HP instead of 75%

Why also not doing that test with old pounders VS old comets too?
    Try it again falcons too: falcons have better max TTK than pounders.
    • Up x 3
  7. AccelPrime

IIRC 2 to infiltrators & 3 to anyone else (no flak)

You see anyone using ZOE post-patch? Must be doing some heavy stuff :rolleyes:.

@CLUELESS PEOPLE

Falcons are more balanced due to being harder to use. First of all you can't spam them like you can with the Pounders. Having to reload & readjust aim every single volley is much more difficult as opposed to being able to spam four volleys in a row. This is also the case with the Comets, although not as obvious & difficult since you can fire two volleys. No argument can be used against this as it's a very simply & basic fact.

Spraying & praying has always been easier, especially in CQC which is the natural territory for a MAX.
  8. Ogop0go

I find these sort of comparison's funny, because it is like analyzing a single point of data from a large test, a flawed point of data at that. If you want the weapons to have identical ttk's at any range then you are going to have to make their advantages and disadvantages equal.
    • Up x 1
  9. Archiadus

In a world where all enemies stand perfectly still...:eek:
    • Up x 7
  10. Rogueghost

I never thought I'd live to see this thread.
    • Up x 16
  11. AccelPrime

Because ranged combat with weapons that fire at a snail's velocity is relevant. Lets get real, people are not going to stand at max render distance and snipe with their MAX weaponry. Maybe if we had MAX snipers that'd occur, but for now it won't.

I can agree with TTK not being a perfect stat to use for comparison, but it's a very, very relevant one, especially in the area where MAX users operate the most, bio labs. And what does bio labs consist of? Close Quarters Combat.

That's another point to the Pounders, because they have more volleys/reload they're easier to use on moving targets, since you're able to afford to miss more. In other words; Pounders are easier to use on moving targets, and in Planetside 2 most targets are constantly moving.
    • Up x 1
  12. oherror

OP you should know that CLUELESS people are the major way pounders get any kills. Only noobs stand and take the hits. Bunny hops do not work with the splash. Good players retreat and get out of range which is pretty easy when a max is using pounders. Only way to make everything all equal and such is to make the MAX AV options a NC weapon or something along those lines. I just dont see SOE doing any of what you suggest.

Venu maxes need to run at least flak 1 when assualting a TR held base just for the splash damage of most weapons. Even then if you dont play it smart your gonna die. Most of the time your not going 1vs1 anyway. Its more like you vs 10 + a few maxes. So your pretty stats are not even counting the other hits your taking from HA and whatever else is shooting you.
  13. AccelPrime

And I never used ZOE before it was nerfed, and i've still been called a "ZOE noob" post-patch while having, as per usual, charge in my ability slot. But here we are. :eek:
  14. AccelPrime

I hope you know that MAX Flak was not changed, and it still does NOT help against direct impacts. TR MAX units will kill any other MAX with one magazine dump, regardless if you're using flak 5 or kinetic 5.
    • Up x 1
  15. Paulus

It's funny, for being so OP people are deserting TR for NC in their droves.
    • Up x 4
  16. Ganelon

Something's better than Comets for once, QQ.
    • Up x 13
  17. Mxiter

the OP want certainly compare the number of comets kills and the number of pounders kills since the release.

Then discuss about OP/UP weapons.
    • Up x 4
  18. Sathayorn

Can't even take you seriously...
    Referencing ZOE after PU02...

Must be a troll.

- - - - -

Now that that's out of the way... I use dual comets on my MAX... Only annoying part about it is having to hit with all 4 shots if I want to kill soft infantry... Yeah, gotta completely unload both arms entire magazines for 1 kill... I know they're AV weapons, but seriously...
  19. P4NJ

Yes pounders one clip MAXes, they did that even before this buff, miss one shot though and the Comets will own you while you reload, so it's much closer than it seems in this video. I personally think it's pretty much fine but hey, what do I know.
    • Up x 3
  20. oherror

Did you even read what i posted. I've said before and in the quoted post that pounders kill mostly from the splash caused. You get 2 direct kills to your 10 splash related kills.Also if your not running Flak you essentially get hit twice one with direct and one with splash. When my outfit runs a defense or assault we have pounder/fracture maxes suppress doorways. The splash kills near by noobs. You make it seem like pounders are win all weapons which they are not. But a smart max player NC/Venu can kill us with ease. Charge is always good if we are foolish to be alone. In outfit play we always usually have backup.

Also i'm unsure why your even trying to kill inf with AV weapons on a venu max. They are good if you get direct hits but your AI weapons are way better even with maxes. If we have pounders if you avoid even one hit you can usually kill us in a one to one fight. Though if the TR max has lvl 4 -5 lockdown yea your going to die if you dry and kill him from the front.

OP I see nothing we say will sway you. SO i'll give you some free advice get some range on pounder maxes and if they are foolish enough to follow fill free to wreck their day.