Pounders are imbalanced

Discussion in 'MAX' started by AccelPrime, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Stinneyt

People aren't using shotguns for long range engagements. So whats your point?
    And for the record, I recently killed you with pounders in an open battle field on indar.
  2. Maljas23

Really? Pounders overpowered? More like they are finally viable.
    • Up x 4
  3. StalkerGER

pounders are more powerfull then even hacksaws because of the range and splash/TTK even in bio labs and that makes all maxshotguns nearly useless in a max vs max fight u cant even block the damage with the shield
  4. CNR4806

The OP is right, Pounders are indeed overpowered.

But in my opinion, they're still not as overpowered as the C85 Canister or the S12 Renegade, which are so overpowered that it is hard to find a Vanguard, NC Harraser or Flash not mounting them.
    • Up x 3
  5. Shadowhunter1

why are you crying about the damage, the NC max's raven you can be a sniper with those AV weapons 1 shot enemy (head shot only) or a magazine to drop a light vehicle or 2 clips to drop a tank ( if everything lands). if you are standing on top of a tech or bio lab, not even air is brave enough to get close. 2 missiles to drop an ESF to red. don't cry about TR's speed when NC's damage is overwhelmingly high, and if you don't believe me compare the starting weapons of all 3 factions, then compare the best weapons for that faction. 2 bullets to the body to kill or 1 to the head and 1 to the body ( sniping weapons not included ) while the other 2 factions is 1 to the head and 1 to the body or 3 to the body to kill. that is VERY UNBALANCED and VERY UNFAIR.
  6. Mima-kun

Video in OP post is actually misleading about how much pounders are OP.
    You need to land only 7 pounder hits to kill MAX with flack armor 5. (yes, you can miss one and still kill enemy with single clip)
    Pounders have 425 damage from direct hit and 425 from splash.
    MAX has 2000 health not counting armor.
    Damage against MAX without any armor : (425*0.2+425) = 510 | 2000/510 = 4 shots needed
    Damage against MAX with kinetic armor 5 : (425*0.125+425) = 478.125 | 2000/478.125 = 5 shots needed
    Damage against MAX with flack armor 5 : (425*0.2+425/2) = 297.5 | 2000/297.5 = 7 shots needed

How is that not OP?

You can hit 8 times with only splash damage, and enemy MAX will be with 300 health. thats just another 2 hits with pure splash.
  7. Bortasz

When My outfit test pounder we kill MAX with full Flak armor witch 10 grenades. No less. Maybe because the damage of pounders are 285 direct and 125 indirect? Adleast that charts in game show me.
  8. Mima-kun

Damn. Blowing again on the same mine. Need to learn not to trust wiki for numbers. In that case it is a little more balanced.
  9. Ceskaz

The wiki is wrong on a lot of number, despite the PU02 logo on the MAX AV weapons page for example.
  10. Pikachu

MAXes has strange resistance to MAX AV weapons since GU6. It takes more than the calculations would tell. Takes 5 falcon hits since GU6, took 3 before that.
  11. oherror

Confirmed with falcons and ravens.... Still a wonder that this thread is still going for the crappy now viable pounders. One major reason your seeing a increase of pounder kills and such is that people are actually using them. But this little fact is sort of overlooked. I'm still seeing a lot of fracture use along with standard AI duel weapons. Most big fights you usually only see 2-3 pounder users with maybe 1 of them that's rocking duel pounders. The dedicated MAX users are using the AI weapons. Pounders are only really good for defense as your seldom shooting into your own troops.
  12. Crayv

I've been messing around with Pounders for a bit and mostly was wishing I had my Falcons from my NC. I found Pounders to generally be worse overall. For me they were harder to hit things at range and since you have to stand there and fire 4 shots you are more exposed to enemy fire than the rapidly peek in and out of cover tactic you can do with Falcons.
    • Up x 1
  13. DeadlyShoe

Pounder splash is nigh useless. It has no effect on my ability to get infantry kills (or not to.)
    • Up x 2
  14. Varennikov

"Pounders are OP"

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. I have dual pounders but will never use them!! Not eveer!! scarred for life from their original shtick. Dual mercies for me. Got the pounders a looong time ago. Collecting dust ever since

But I do say for others, its ok to use the pounder. Go fer it!
    • Up x 1
  15. MaxDamage

He.
    Is.
    Comparing.
    Pounders.
    To.
    ZOE MAXes!

Too funny. :D
    • Up x 4
  16. AccelPrime

I'm not. I really do not get why you're bringing ZOE into the mix. All this video was displaying was Pounders vs Comets. There's no ZOE used or anything, nor have I mentioned ZOE in any regard.

Are you ok bro? o_O

E: Also, if you could've read properly, i've said that i'm not getting into this issue any more, and instead i'm waiting for a month or so to see how the statistics pan out, and how the situation looks as a whole then. :D
  17. AMARDA

Huh... Pounders are actually worth using... I think my brain has exploded. Really, POUNDERS!? GOOD!? I just.. what?
  18. Pikachu

Yesterday I faced a poundermax. I can still count them on one hand since the buff. Its always in a crowd close up so I still cant tell how good they are. No one is using them, just like before PU2. Falcons on the other hand have become more popular.
  19. Stinneyt

Are you admitting that your original analysis was hasty and the evidence presented was severely lacking?

You may end up being right, but doesn't change the fact that your argument lacked any real substance.
  20. AccelPrime

Oh i didn't lack real substance, but I did not have enough & i probably presented it too early. The substance was the raw MAX vs MAX TTK when comparing the two different weapons.

But yeah, i'll just wait & see. If the statistics doesn't change Pounders will surely be in for some "balancing". And if they do change, that's fine too ;).
    • Up x 1