Please reboot Connery

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lazaruz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Lazaruz

Happened multiple times yesterday. Would be nice to get a response or at least an acknowledgement that there is a problem...

It's been almost a month since I started this thread.
  2. Sworn Enemy

Holy **** SOE! Can we get some type of response?!?!?!
  3. Lazaruz

4. Lazaruz

Still happening. I really hope the patch fixes this...
  5. NonStopRap

Getting this issue at least once an hour, restart is the only fix. Makes it nearly impossible to play :(
  6. Tuco

7. Lazaruz

This is still a problem. Although not as severe as before (some bullets connect, instead of 0 hits), it still happens a couple hours into a session. This is especially noticeable when using flak based weapons against aircraft. You can see the flax exploding in a steady stream, but you get next to no hit markers (maybe 20-50% of the projectiles actually connect).

The problem seemed to be better right after PU02 patch, but after yesterdays hotfix I've been noticing an increase of this happening.
  8. ClashTheBlueDog

After the last patch I got to experience this first handed. It can take 10 minutes to hours until the bug kicks in. I get severe lag and can't hit a thing. The enemys see me speedhacking and I am warping all over the place.

Someone posted this: http://en.twitch.tv/unipsycho1/c/3267399

The game has been fine until the latest hotfix.
  9. ClashTheBlueDog

10. Lazaruz

I have come to the conclusion that this will never get resolved.
    I'm just happy that after PU02, the bug only happens every 3-4 hours of gameplay, instead of the 1-2 hours it used to do after PU01.
  11. saturnuranus

Whilst I haven't suffered from this glitch myself for at least 6 months (or I'm just too crap to notice anymore), I felt the need to voice my disappointment that no one from SOE has seen fit to post any kind of a reply. Is it really that hard to post something? Is the level of bureaucracy such that no one useful at SOE is permitted to reply? I seem to remember them recently citing the forums as a vital source of feedback for the development team; interact with your customers dammit!
    • Up x 1
  12. Brandmon

It is happening to me too. And having searched through the forums for a bit, apparently it may have to do with the game triggering the router into thinking that it is being UDP Flooded.

I had switched my router with a friends', and this seems to have done something. At first I thought that it had solved it, but after an hour of playing the same seems to happen (as opposed to 10-20 minutes with my previous router), I tied finding a way to fix the issue via to router's software, but I didn't find the right settings to fiddle with.

Does anyone know if it is possible that software may be behind this? Virus scanners, firewalls and the like?

Otherwise, I am stuck with an unplayable game. :(
  13. SierraAR

I actually came across this myself, and sent the guy I was firing on a tell (It was just me and him in that area at the time). He told me he was taking damage from my hits, even though I wasnt getting hit markers or the hit sound on my end; Not sure what to think of that.
  14. Lazaruz

This is the last video I'm going to make about the problem, it shows some damage issues and the "quick fix" continent hop:

• Up x 1
  15. Propovednik

I've also have problems with synchronization, but different with what author of this topic have. At the flooded hexes, whenever 48+ people from both sides, my game desync every 5 min for other 5 min - people blink and teleport around me, I can't interact with anything and change weapons, use skills. But at the same time voice chat work just fine and I can run/drive normally, just see every1 around me teleport crazy way. When this lagg is over I dont have any problems with the game. This happend at server Woodman - Mani Biolab at the peak time, also happend once during this weekend at indar - I've tryed not to fight at the hexes with 48+ population. I'am a little bit bored with dying during this lagg every 5 min and lose my vehicles =/ Please, take a look into this problem. I'am playing from the same computer since the first day of PlanetSide 2 and didnt have this problem befor (well, may be it happend few times, but for sure not that often like now - for more then a year I saw a lot :) ), it is started right after PU 02 hotfixes.
  16. Tuco

I haven't played for over 6 months so I can't pinpoint when it started, but after 30 minutes of playing hits stop registering, exactly like standing in the warpgate shooting friendlies it don't do anything.
  17. Jester7x

Airwalkers and desynch all over the place please reboot the server.
    • Up x 1
  18. Sunlights

**** is going crazy on Connery....... People walking through the air, getting shot from no where.. Hell you can even shoot the guys floating in the air!
  19. Jester7x

thats what happens when you have no GMs in a game
  20. Grilledchicken

Yeah something seriously is up with the server at the moment...I shouldn't be able to shoot 8 people standing still around a sundie with the firework gun then blow up the sundie as if Crimson Bluff is the VR. Fix this ****.
    • Up x 1