Please reboot Connery

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lazaruz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Lazaruz

Ever since PU01 and the following hotfixes, I've been experiencing the desync/no damage bug every play session. By this I mean the occurrence where my bullets are magically turned into blanks, and I can no longer damage enemies/vehicles or get any hit markers. Otherwise the game continues to run like normal, everything functions and the enemies can shoot me just fine... believe me on that :(

The time it takes for the bug to appear is 1-2 hours, and it's seemingly random. First I thought it might be related to resupplying/changing classes in a terminal. But today I have experienced it on the field as well. A soft re-log (character select screen and back) fixes it right away, but it's getting really tiresome to be killed over and over just because your weapons are suddenly shooting blanks.

Server: Woodman EU
    • Up x 4
  2. Kapi

It might be caused by the server since a lot of other people, including me, have had issues with the EU servers the past one to two weeks. I've had desync issues, which start about 15-30 minutes after logging in, since GU5 (March 2013) and I usually play on Woodman. Have you tried playing on a US server to see if you have the same issue? Lately I've had barely any issues on US servers.
  3. sagolsun

The hit registration glitch is back with a vengeance. VR targets take 50-30% (!) the number of bodyshots to kill compared to non-HA infantry. Lots of players can terminator it out - taking an estimated safe 15 bodyshots out of ~35 rounds fired, turning around and killing me. Killscreen shows I almost took down their shield.
  4. Sliced

Don't worry, you're not the only one.
    From time to time I also get the no hit bug.
    It's very easy to notice it when you're trying to hit an aircraft. The bullets, no matter where I fire them will never hit the aircraft. No matter the speed or height.
    That's because the aircraft naturally moves faster then the hit reg can process. Hit reg, health, amount of ammo left and so on are all done server side.

I'm on an EU server, Cobalt.
    • Up x 1
  5. travbrad

I know someone who was having this issue all the time after the patch, and he eventually re-installed the whole game and that seemed to fix the issue. I know it's a huge hassle re-downloading the whole game, but it worked for him.

This was on Connery btw.
  6. Esspytood

I've been having this problem since late last year beginning with GU1, Its made me reluctant to do any actual fighting.

It's truly frustrating to see my surface-to-air rockets hit aircraft with the explosion and not one registers.

Briggs
  7. Lazaruz

Think I'll start bumping this thread every time I get killed because of this...
  8. Lazaruz

This time I was lucky enough to be in a MAX suit, so I didn't die. But wasted 350 infantry resources because I had to log out.

Switching continents fixes the problem as well. But I would like to see a permanent fix as soon as possible.
  9. unipsycho

10. Lazaruz

This time it happened while I was in a Mosquito, not very fun dogfighting while shooting jellybeans. Jumping continents fixed it.
  11. A3DELITIST

Wow, that 2nd video, thats totally not acceptable is it, its kinda like when i tried to play last night, so frustrating as i get this issue where damage is not registering all the time and also get an issue when ADS and get BIG fps drop making it hard to aim.

Your video also shows some major lag there, that tank on its side....o lawl.
  12. unipsycho

except there was no lag. the stream didn't drop a single frame. It's totaly exploitable tho... people can't hit me either ;p i can plant some tankmines anywhere i want lol.
  13. A3DELITIST

Yeah i meant lag on their server, i should have said.
  14. A3DELITIST

That second video....the tank...it kinda reminds me of an issue i had when PS2 was a still fairly new out and i had vehicles and players glitching around. Turns out it was actually my previous router that was the problem with a setting enabled by default to protect from ddos attacks.

If you search here on the forums you will see a thread on it a while back 6months+ and i commented in there to say thanks as i managed to resolve my issue.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ssible-fix-for-some-people.73898/#post-931782

Heres a vid of what i used to experience.
    • Up x 2
  15. unipsycho

well i dmz hosted my comp, no firewall, router firewall off, problem still exists.
  16. unipsycho

bump cause i still can't play cause of this.
  17. unipsycho

is any1 even looking into this? ._. Support is only copsy+pasting me stupid **** instead of actualy looking into it
  18. Lazaruz

Has been happening multiple times a day since my last post. It's been a week already since I started this thread...
  19. unipsycho

it's happening every 10minutes for me. And i'm sure i'm not the only one with this error cause i see alot of people exploding randomly in their tanks cause on their screen they are in a different place than for other people, and they basicly lag INSIDE other tanks and go boom.

Also when this happens, i turn into a ghost for other people as well. i managed to walk up to an enemy camped biolab SCU and overload it without any1 even noticing i'm there, and could repeat it several times.
  20. unipsycho

It's just a matter of time before i get reported for hacking like this -.-