please for the love of god remove weapons lock OR freindly fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nogrim313, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Gustavo M

Blaming your team for your careless behaviour isn't something that can be "fixed". If you are shooting and suddently a friendly squad jumps in front of you for no reason at all... move somewhere else. That's how you "fix" it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Adjuchas

Justify to me why friendly fire is a good thing with clearly laid out points like I did against it.
  3. Adjuchas

How can I be responsible for the shortcomings of others? TTK with being shot in the front AND back is very low and does nothing but create friction and promote revenge TKing.
  4. PutteFnask

Just fix the backway FF instead. I hate getting warned while in my MAX suit because some Sundy drives into me from behind. The mechanics of FF is borked and often the one doing it right gets the punishment.

... IF(!) FF worked as intended I think an immediate weapons lock should be applied, 10 seconds every time you hit a friendly which increases exponentially as it does today.
  5. ohmikkie

I really do not understand how people think friendly fire is avoidable. I agree with the OP one or the other should be removed or better detection for careless friendly fire.

If I am already shooting and somebody walks in front of me I'm only going to stop once I see him/her. Considering the lag in this game I could have already made a TK .5 second before my client knew about it.

I've said this before in another thread. They should take a leaf out of Zipper Int (RIP) did with MAG and weaken friendly fire damage. The nature of a lot of firefights makes friendly hits inevitable unless we all use strict military-like organisation and protocol on the battlefield (That's not going to happen).
  6. RealityWarrior

To date:

I have never been weapons locked. I don't see how it is that large an issue.
  7. Voiidd

I personally don't agree with either of the points.
    - weapons lock is usefull since players can't just shoot at you but also blow you up or run you over with a vehicle. Unless you want the devs to implement mini bans for repeated offenders I'd say let the weapons lock stay as it is.
    - Removing FF is just plain dumb in an FPS game. It just makes people careless, spamming explosives anywhere and other sh*t. jsut no. Try playing some FPS game with no FF first then we can talk about it.
  8. TheBillOf3D

It does suck when you can't advance because of all the turrets pointed at your back and they think you're the jerk and keep shooting. But then again, I have seen medics and even other engineers blatantly stand in front of my turret to pop off a few worthless shots at enemy maxes only to get us both killed when I hold my fire. Heavies or maxes, I don't mind holding fire as they are probably trying to push. The dumb ones make my trigger finger itchy. But I try to hold for them too. I've only been weapons locked once in months of playing. So it can't be that bad. There is supposedly a glitch with the mana turret that causes your bullets to hit your own shield so you could possibly weapons lock yourself.
  9. Goretzu

I've no idea how you get weapon locked through other people.

Although I used to use the Thumper quite a lot in PS1 and never got weapon locked even with that.

But still you must be being insanely free with your ammo, which is basically why FF exists.
  10. Scorponok

yea no FF will be abused to the max...people can then stand on other peoples grenades etc...and people can then block with objects wich you cant destroy to get past when they wanna be a ****** towards you and others.
  11. PWGuy93

I don't see the issue here. Friendly fire is part of the game play.

Weapons lock is better than a ban and a rather polite reminder to "hold your fire" and why they even have a Voice emote built in regarding friendly fire.

After all, if there wasn't friendly fire, how would we know who is actually faction hopping?

My suggestion, if you get a weapons lock, think of it as a time out and take that time out, get up, stretch, walk around a bit.
  12. Patrician

Or, you could have been more careful about where you're shooting and stopped. You get plenty of warnings about weapons lock, you chose to ignore them so you got your weapons locked. Everything is fine with FF and weapons lock; be more careful in future.
  13. WookLordz

I know, I just think if the death penalty was higher, people would be more careful about stepping in front of turrets, therefore less weapon lock.
  14. WookLordz

BR54. Never been weapon locked. Not once. Not never.
  15. irewolf

Personally I have only gotten the final warning once or twice and I often shoot people semi on purpose. Blaming others for your failing is sad. FF is part of the game. Otherwise, people could stand on a point while you explosive spam the point. FF is needed, it's there for a reason. If you are getting weapon locked a lot it's your fault, l2p.
  16. Sinoby

Two words: HE spam.
  17. Crator

No, stop shooting friendlies. I've never ever been weapon locked or got warning about getting locked in PS2...
  18. Snarfy

It takes quite a bit to get weapon locked for me, have your tried aiming for your teammates heads? They'll die a lot quicker so you wont get so many warnings.
  19. WookLordz

It's a good idea to let out a quick stream of rounds down the hallway or doorway you're covering when a bunch of PUGs show up just to remind them not to walk there....
  20. Konfuzfanten

Why FF and weapon lock is needed in a FPS:
    a) to avoid explosive spam. If you didnt have FF everyone and their mother would spam explosives, the skill level in the game would drop like a stone.
    b) weapon lock is needed because of TK-griefing.

I properly kill a friendly every ingame hour and i have only been weapon locked once in 6-7 months of play. You have to be extremely careless to get weapon locked in this game.

In the end if you keep killing friendlies you are the problem not them.
    • Up x 1