please for the love of god remove weapons lock OR freindly fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nogrim313, Jul 17, 2013.

1. 0ReferenceException

Worst idea in the history of gaming. You should apply for a job at SOE.
  2. Pella

They changed the grief point system drastically some GU's ago.

Since then i have yet to get a single weapon lock.
    • Up x 1
  3. Tiju

Imo the OP is totally wrong in assuming that it is his right to plant a turret and then play his thing without regard for any other team members. Wether you are a genius in positioning a turret or not, there are other players who want to take part in the battle and perhaps their ingenious plans require them to move past your position. Keep your finger straight in this situations.

I think the weapon lock system is fine if applied to players like the OP. Frankly said, I didn't even know that a weapon lock system existed till I read the thread. As a rather bad player with bad reflexes I have my share in team killing and I always feel bad after doing it but I never saw a warning for a weapon lock on my screen.
  4. Holomang

In over 20 days played and 100+ accidental TKs I've never once been weapon locked - you're doing something wrong.
  5. Regpuppy

I've honestly never been weapon locked, without TKing outfit members on purpose for chuckles, since beta when driving a vehicle meant you were a friendly instagib machine. I am able to comfortably make accidents and mistakes, or they're able to run in front of my fire every so often, without getting weaponlocked. If you're getting weapon locked, you're being extremely careless.

As for removing friendly fire damage? Horrible idea for this game. Know why? The tactics it encourages in regards to explosives and infantry fights. See friendly infantry fighting other friendly infantry on a point as a lib/tank driver? Shell the living hell out of it since there's no consequences for doing so. Paranoid and think there's an infiltrator in the middle of all your friendlies? Shell them for lulz and find out.

It just really introduces a whole new level to cheese tactics I really don't care for.
  6. f0d

exactly
    its so hard to get weapon locked you either have to have a really horrible aim or intentionally killing friendlys
  7. Total_Overkill

Played PS2 since tech test, 11+ months of gameplay, BR100... only ever been weapon locked ONCE (Lasher! Last week)

I see no problem, infact... it may not be harsh enough!
    • Up x 3
  8. sestun

I'm a old PS1 player and what do I do the first time I run up to a terminal? I press the G on my keyboard. Before I have killed even one enemy I have already killed two allies.
  9. tastyBerryPunch

I have yet to get a weapon lock on any of my characters. How do you people do it? Got any advice?
    • Up x 2
  10. haldolium

Lasher. Best device for weapon lock if you actually want to kill someone in a crowded fight (biolab 48+)

Also drunk driving.
    • Up x 2
  11. f0d

i agree with the lasher - i forgot about that when i first posted
    but driving? - you have to run over a LOT of people to get weapons locked while driving (and i have been pretty drunk while driving in ps2)
  12. Sinoby

I've played PS2 since release, and I have played some time in beta. I have been weapon locked a grand total of zero times. If you keep getting weapon locked after playing over 20 days, that is more personal problem, then an issue with other players.
  13. Andrea SKye

I think when you kill someone on your own team, you should lose a cert.

Friendly walks in front of you? stop firing, guy in the road? drive around him. Mosquito hovering over a base? fly around it. Its not rocket surgery.

I dont think there is enough penalty for Tking in the game, you literally lose nothing. You just get a weapon lock after doing it a bunch of times.
    • Up x 1
  14. DJStacy

I cant even remember the last time I got weapon locked lol, long time ago. Please learn to remove your left finger from the trigger, FF should be in the game to make people think or it would just be even move of a spam fest.

yeah sometimes I get pissed when a low lvl shoots me in the back but hay we all start somewhere.

Keep FF and weapons lock......

Hint: When you get unlocked you will have a probation period where hitting a friendly will lock you straight away, if you do get weapons locked when it is removed just spend 5 mins being very careful to reset the amount of times you can clip a friendly.

If FF Is taken out the game you might as well stick a mass age restriction that if you are over 12 then just hang up your guns, I don't think I would play without FF because you have to place your shots instead of spray and hope.
  15. haldolium

Yeah its not easy, true. I think by now you have to shoot people first and then finish a few others off with driving to get weapon lock.
  16. sindz

I reached BR 62 without ever being weapons locked. Adjust and dont be bad and you wont be weapons locked.
  17. Adjuchas

Friendly fire in this game is rage inducing. I'll outline all the reasons why below:

- Friendlies strafing in front of your line of fire to steal kills, then revenge TKing you when they die from your fire.
    - Accidentally colliding with friendly vehicles due to lag or other factors causing a loss of resource for the victim.
    - Accidentally running over friendlies who you can't see due to lag or rendering issues,
    - Greifing the enemy faction by switching accounts and repeatedly TKing.
    - Greifing the enemy faction by switching accounts and crashing into or bombing their vehicles.
    - Spawn room bombing friendlies to force them to leave or redeploy elsewhere...
    - Getting shot to pieces by friendlies when entering or exiting spawn rooms or other hot enclosed area.

To fix this, friendly fire needs to go.
    Friendlies need to absorb rounds to avoid exloitative behaviour.
    The player will still be vulnerable to their own explosives, unless forcefully detonated by an ally.
    Unmanned friendly MANA Turrets and base turrets can still be destroyed as before.
  18. Oheck

I have played since December. I have never once been weapon locked. Have I hit friendlies by accident? Sure, it happens. But it looks like you need to work on your awareness of your surroundings, and where you place your turrets.
  19. Sen7ryGun84

CoD / BF3 noob detected. Nothing to see here, move along.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pouk3D

I don't even know how the weapon lock looks like, so no.