please for the love of god remove weapons lock OR freindly fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nogrim313, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Nogrim313

one or the other the combo is beyond frustrating, the engie turret is utterly useless just because of this stupid stupid system.

i dont really care which one goes but one has to. far to many new players (or just stupid ones) seem to have a complete disregard for walking in front of their own teams lines of fire. ive spent the last half hour weapons locked being utterly useless to my team and unable to do so much as repair or heal my self ffs.

these two systems can not coexsist one needs to go

remove weapons lock entirely, and we will just have to deal with the griefers our selves

OR

Remove FF damage entirely, but allow friendlies to still block bullets

allowing us to damage team mates and then punishing us when they stupidly walk in to the line of fire is ridiculous, its frustrating and it is adding absolutely nothing to game play, im sick of trippin over <br10's who sit in front of engie turrets in door ways either let them go on being stupid or stop punishing people for their mistakes
    • Up x 1
  2. WookLordz

I disagree with this. I think the death penalty should be higher in this game to encourage more careful play.
    • Up x 15
  3. Kid Gloves

I am really getting into my mana anti-infantry turret, to the extent that I'm seriously considering dropping some certs into it. I love the thing.

I understand your frustration, though. In a big fight I typically come within a hair's width of grieflock simply because of people who fail to understand that the massive machine-gun that is firing is actually dangerous to people in front of it - and I've got fairly good at putting the gun in places that are hard to stand directly in front of.

When you get to a point where you can't fire a shot because of the twenty lemmings in front of you running into and dying to the hail of bullets from the other team (let alone your own), it's time to relocate and find another vantage point. If they want to lemming-surge, let them. Either that or grief-lock in style with some c4.

If you run with a squad who work together the incidences of people stepping in front of the machine-gun go way down - because you can actually explain that the bullets coming out of the machine gun are dangerous and have a hope that they might listen.
    • Up x 3
  4. YoloXXSwag420

Now as I understood it, weapons lock lasts for 1 min the first time, 5 mins the second and 15 the third. You just spent the last 30 mins weapons locked.

Which means you mowed down enough guys to get the one min. Then mowed down some more to get locked again. Then mowed down even more to get locked a 3rd, and maybe even a 4th time.

Protip. Taking your finger off the mouse button means....Dun dun dunnnnn....no weapons lock. Whoa...cool huh. You can avoid weps lock all by yourself.

Getting locked once or even twice can be excusable. But being weapons locked for 30 mins means you simply don't care whose in front of you. Sounds to me like you simply planted a turret and wanted to camp a hallway or something. Sounds great, loads of kills. Except for those guys running past. You know, the ones trying to retake the point. Don't act like 7 guys all ran in front of you at once and your turret mowed them down in the blink of an eye, before you could release the trigger. You kept firing cuz you wanted those certs. You're as dumb as they are.

Look people, we all know nubs run in front of us, and wind up getting some rounds in the back of the head. Sh*t happens to retreads who are too eager to get a kill, or just plain stupid. But if you see that BIG warning saying you're getting close to weps lock, LET GO OF THE F'ING TRIGGER!!!!

At a certain point, it's your own fault. You can go play LA and not have to worry unless some random LA jets in front of you when you're 20m off the ground. If it's a super high traffic area, flank it. If you can't, then respawn somewhere else. Stop being a hallway camper and find the back route in, around, or through.
    • Up x 19
  5. Nogrim313

death penatly i agree, but im talking about weapons lock, getting locked due to other peoples bad play skills and awareness is frustrating as hell
  6. Nogrim313

cool attempt at a story, it was a bio lab and i was pointed at the teleporter room door, i was running with an out fit platoon, and it was scores of outfit less people running up and trying to shoot through the one way shields or blasting dumb fire rockets at them

and yes im talking about multi locks, when your scoped in there isnt exactly a lot of time to stop firing when they run right in front of you (im talking less than 2m ffs so my vision cone is pretty limited) generally once you get the first lock the first incident of team damage instantly re locks you. there is a big difference between camping and holding a hallway

the system is poorly done at best, it does nothing to limit people loading BR1s to c4 sunderers and allows you to gun down 3-4 people before it ever locks you, all it does currently is punish people using suppression weapons when idiots run in to the kill zone

15 minute weapon locks due to people not listening and doing stupid **** just completely kills my intrest in playing, i logged off rather than stand around for 15 minutes being a useless and defenceless liability. the biggest problem is the inability to do anything (heal,repair drop ammo)
  7. Nogrim313

despite warning the in proxy chat, and then screaming at them when they ignore it (some must just have proxy off) and then getting a weapons lock when they ignore you and do it anyway has prevented me from wasting certs on it, it can be a great weapon and an amazing asset to hold down choke points but the stupidity of the general infantry make it more of a pain to try to use than is worth it, i hadnt bothered using it for months and was very very quickly reminded why i hadn't
  8. The King

I haven't been weapon locked in a few months... One of the only two time I was weapon locked was on test server.
    And before that(real server) - during January or February, when my brother and I were sniping each other. I got weapon lock first, so I won... Took a few kills too. Other than that, I have never been weapon locked. Oh, I was strictly infantry most of the time.

How are you getting it and I haven't and I am ranked over 70?..
  9. YoloXXSwag420

Really? Now it takes a LOT of damage to get weapons locked. I know, I've TK'd my share of outfit members as we mess around. I can usually kill 4-5 in a row before lock. So you're trying to tell me your turret killed anywhere from say....3-6 guys in less than one second, before your super lightning reflexes manged to tear your finger away from the trigger? That's one hell of an uber turret. Mine can't do that.

Now after you got the 1 min weps lock, doesn't your brain go "hmmm....i do this and bad things happen, maybe I shouldn't do that, at least not right now" I know If I stand in front of a tank, and it runs me over, I probably shouldn't go stand in front of another. Yet you got weps locked, and when it released, instantly went right back to doing the same thing.

If your finger goes thru the toilet paper, how many times do you have to sniff it before you figure out it is always gonna smell?
  10. The King

Use scented wet wipes... So you do not know if it is a good or bad smell...
  11. YoloXXSwag420

:p Well played sir :)
  12. Nogrim313

no its the fact that continual stream of stupid seem hell bent on running in front of guns that are firing instead of the 2 seconds extra to run behind it, the turrets do a ton of damage and when people are walking in to your line of fire while your actively trying to gun down enemies it happens fast
    grief points generate on hit not on death so 10 people taking 2-3 bullets will add up very quickly when there is a mass of noobs trying to sit in the door way, most of these idiots were getting killed by the enemies through the shields anyway

every minute or so i re position my turret to avoid the decimators pop shooting me from corners, but people seem to like standing in front of the damn things constantly even when yelled at in proxy, and even when warning shots are ziping by their heads, maybe the turrets need a much much more obvious tracer so these idiots will stop standing directly in their line of fire

either way the FF/weapons lock system is useless and is more a source of frustration than in actually preventing griefing
  13. YoloXXSwag420

You're so quick to blame the stream of stupid who run in front of your gun. Yes, they are stupid. Great we can agree on that. Yes they should run behind you, we can agree on that as well. However where we disagree is in the fact you're just as bad.

You know and understand how weapons lock works. Yet when given the "HEY DIPSH*T YOU HIT ONE MORE ALLY AND WE'RE GONNA LOCK YOUR SHIZZLE DOWN" warning, you REFUSE.........lemme restate that..........you FAIL TO STOP shooting. Why? I FAIL to understand. They do something stupid, you get punished. One undeserved punishment wasn't enough? You had to keep getting weapons locked? Did you do it to give yourself a cool topic for the forums?

Yes it sucks, but you could have avoided weps lock at any time. You and your turret were obviously not the solo line of defense against the raging swarm coming out of the spawn room. Seeing as plenty of people seemed to run in front of you. You could have simply moved away. But you knew one guy might poke his head thru that spawn shield, and you NEEDED to be the one to kill him. I get it man, everyone else simply doesn't get that you are THE best player in the game and only you can stop the enemy. People should part like water when you appear, and all should kneel in awe at your marksmanship.......At least the enemy should. You kill more of your own players than they do.
  14. Van Dax

Seems like a lot of you guys know nothing about weapons locks, I'm a lasher user so let me educate you guys.

It is not how many you kill

It is not how much damage you do

It IS the frequency with which you do it at, which is why when they lowered the friendly splash damage on the lasher it changed nothing, in fact it got worse because they upped the rate of fire and made it less accurate.

I feel for yeah OP, the FF system is bad and needs a rework.
    • Up x 1
  15. YoloXXSwag420

Ok, lets go with that. Weapons lock is based off the "frequency". I'm no expert on weps lock, so I'll take your word for it. My point is very simple.

Weapons lock can be avoided AT ANY TIME, by simply taking your FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER. Multiple weapons lock can be avoided in the exact same manner. How it happens doesn't really matter. OP went on about his 30 min weapon lock, which means he got locked at least 3-4 times. Once- even twice I can see. Anything past 2 times, and it's your own fault. You keep firing, and you get punished.
    • Up x 1
  16. Spookydodger

I kinda think that it is on me as the gunner to also watch it. And generally I only have this problem in Biolabs.

I haven't been weapons locked in months and months.
  17. ABATTLEDONKEY

I play incredibly carelessly and have only ever been weapons locked once. that one time was a result of intentional TKing of my brother over and over and over again, as if we were on opposite teams. There is no excuse for getting weapons locked. If you get weapons locked, its because of a blatant disregard for your teammates. FF is a gameplay mechanic for a reason. This isnt COD, there is expected to be SOME form of control over your characters weapons. A little bit of thought, goes a long way in this game.
    • Up x 3
  18. Udnknome

Check your fire! Fratricide should be punished more harshly than it currently is. I've mowed down 3 or 4 people by accident over the course of a few minutes and still didn't get weapons lock. You had to have been just mowing people down without regard to friend or foe for over 10 minutes to get locked. Personally I believe it should have been only 5 minutes before the lock.

The answer isn't always dumb people, the answer is sometimes you shouldn't be such a kill *****. Let the other guy have a few shots and when he goes down, then continue. Remember, you are behind a shield - the other guy isn't.
    • Up x 1
  19. Vertabrae

I've gotten weapons locked for 5 mins one time, as a result of repeatedly TK'ing a hacker who had one of those base turrets in a spawn room (those people who have been playing a while will remember those fun times).

I've had scores of people run in front of my Carv with it's 750 RoF and failed to get locked. I've had scores run in front of my MCG with it's 800 RoF and never been locked. I've dropped a nade in a spawn room a few times (on accident I swear) and taken out Sunderer loads of my guys when that happens. No locks.

If you're getting locked, it's because you are too greedy for kills to take your finger off the mouse. Weapons lock is fine how it is. You really have to work at it to get locked once, and seriously go out of your way to get locked more than once.
    • Up x 1
  20. Van Dax

Grief points diminish after the weapons lock turns off so after you get unlocked any little bit of friendly fire gets you locked again, Its the most infuriating thing to get un weapons locked and then get it again because some light assault dropped out of the air in front of my lash balls.

Typically if you get weapons locked the only sure fire way to avoid the next one is to stop playing for about five to ten minutes to let your grief slowly reset. Not fun.