please for the love of god remove weapons lock OR freindly fire

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nogrim313, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Booface

I am a pretty aggressive player, and I've only been weapon-locked twice since beta. Once involved accidentally sliding down a hill and wiping out like 25 people, which was kind of in a way worth it.

If you're getting weapon-locked so often that you think FF needs to be removed from the game, then maybe you need to start thinking about the way that you're playing. A little bit of FF is unavoidable, but the thresholds for weapon-locking are ridiculously generous.
    • Up x 1
  2. Predator

I say they let you still do healing, repairing, ammo drops, stuff like that.
  3. VanuSovereignty

You could just not shoot all the time. That seems to work.
  4. Vertabrae

I've noticed more than once, that I'll get the lock warning saying shoot one more TR and you're locked, if I then kill an enemy, the lock is taken down a notch.

Like get warning, 3 seconds later kill a VS, 3 seconds later kill a TR medic, and then I get the warning again. So my killing the VS lowered the amount of grief I had. I know you say it's based off how often you damage a friendly, but my MCG has 800 rpm, and a 200 round mag. I've blown thru all 200 rounds without letting go out the trigger, hit nothing but friendlies and not been locked. I did then when I was in a bad mood while stuck in a teleporter room one day. Not my proudest moment. Point is I didn't get locked. Sounds to me like the OP is leaving a lot out of his story. You don't get weapons locked for 30 mins for killing 4 guys who happened to run in front of your turret all at once. That would get you a minute lock, if you even got a lock for it.

Edit. OP, not trying to judge ya or nothing, just saying next time back off when you get the warning. Yeah it sucks, but it's a great time to order a pizza, use the bathroom or something. I'm a huge dakka dakka fan, more bullets more fun. But sometimes you just gotta pause and chill.
  5. Kid Gloves

I've never been weapon locked. Not once. I've got as far as 'this is your final warning!' a few times, always with the MANA turret.

Still, its no thumper.

MANA and lasher both are best used in situations where lemmings aren't going to leap into your cone of fire. The best place is in small outfit ops where people understand fields of fire. Two HAs with lashers as room/corridor sweepers are amazing when friendlies aren't trying to also use the corridor.
  6. VanuSovereignty

People farming out of a teleport room probably deserve some 'encouragement' to fight outside of their little safety bubble.
  7. Posse

I NEVER got locked in more than 600 hours of playing this game, I have my share of teamkills but never got locked, seems like a L2P issue to me if you're tking so many people in a short period of time.
  8. Vertabrae

Funny thing is they didn't see it that way. I was promptly killed, revived, and killed again. I declined to be revived after that. If you're going to motivate teleporter room campers, C4 or mines are much more effective than an MCG (though it remains my favorite gun, and has been since January when I bought it).
  9. The King

Since there were so many of your team at this location, you could have moved....
    When this happens to me, it gets utterly boring. I move on. This goes for any base. I don't stick around waiting for a crappy cap....
    Hrmm, last time I played, I capped 1 base out of a few hours playing(only cuz I was going through it). Don't think I got any defense either. Though, I gained a few hundred certs. Too many allies around, too little enemies? Move on..There is no point staying there.
    You said it's the bio lab... go take the teleporter areas over.
    • Up x 1
  10. LibertyRevolution

How about you practice some fire discipline..
    You should stop shooting when friendly units are in your line of fire.

Only time I have been weapon locked is when I run over to many friendlies with my harasser..
    They need to switch how easy it is to run over friendlies with how hard it is to run over enemies..
  11. Van Dax

IDK man, I've been weapons locked without killing a single ally. To me it feels like a horribly flawed system.
  12. CrashB111

My favorite is pulling a concussion grenade to throw at an enemy MAX as a random infantry from our side runs through me and takes my grenade to the back of the head, leaving us both stunned to be destroyed by a laughing ZOE.
  13. Nogrim313

to all of you saying x many hours ever been weapons locked keep in mind this effects only certain weapons, ive never been weapon locked with anything but the engie turret or the lasher
    the engie turret has a very very high rate of fire a one click burst usually drops 5 or so rounds on something, like wise with the lasher its the number of hits due to the splash hitting a large area and everything in it

i 100% agree if you get weapons locked on carbine or even most LMGs its a fire control issue, these weapons however are different ball game

a single burst from an engie turret usually triggers at least 5 of the hit noises, and when some one walks in front of it while your spraying an enemy it can generate grief at ridiculous levels, they bring out how horribly bad this FF/lock system really is

i dont see how weapons lock brings anything to the game, it certainly doesn't prevent griefers from killing your sunderers and for that reason imho it should be removed entirely, if for some reason they want to keep it out of fear of further griefers then just turn team damage off (i hate that idea as it encourages spam)

im just sick of being punished for some one elses poor positioning and utter stupidity of running in front of stationary guns (that glow ffs) remove the lock and let them learn not to stand in front of the damn turrets by dying a million times
  14. Nogrim313

that situation is even worse when its a sticky grenade
  15. Nogrim313

well i don't play solo so i go where my platoon leader orders us, we were trying to hold the tele rooms from NC max crashes the people generating the grief were pubbies. every time i re positioned some idiot would run in front of the turret 1-2m in front of it, most of the time while i was actively firing on an enemy, usually blocking my kill and eating a dozen bullets in the back of their skulls when your scoped in in a turret and some one walks directly in front of you at that range your reaction time means they are still going to catch a few rounds before you can stop firing, when a dozen of them are doing this constantly the weapon lock system turns it in to a frustrating mess that makes you want to log off
  16. MrZiony

Have to say that getting a 30 min lock sounds like you do nothing but spam your turret regardless of whos in front of you. I use the turret alot and only ever gotten locked once. Even then that was a push. The FF mechanic isn't perfect, but it is there to stop players like yourself firing constantly for the sake of always getting the kill. To many people just spray regardless in this game, if anything the punishments need to be harsher not less.
  17. NC_agent00kevin

Ive been locked once in 72 BR's on my NC toon.

It was because a Sunderer was spawning people and killing them while I was having a BioBreak.

Try letting off the M1 button; it helps - a lot. In fact, you could say the letting off the M1 button actually resolves the problem entirely.
  18. Vertabrae

As you said in a follow up post to this, you were firing at the enemy. Every hit you score on an enemy lowers your grief. So you must not be getting any hits and you were hitting only friendlies.

If you want to remove weapons lock, sure. In that case, I can spam kill every TR player around. Wanna cap that base? Nope I just killed everyone. Then went to another base and did it again. And again, and again. Wait till you start camping the spawn room, I'll camp you in it.

Don't even think of saying some people wouldn't do that. The same ones who hack would do nothing else but endlessly TK. Why because they could. Weapons lock is a great part of this game. Sadly people who endlessly spam the fire button and couldn't care less how many friendlies (such as you) just can't deal with it.

Weapons lock exists to protect us from nublet teamkillers like yourself. Congrats, you made an entire thread proving how vital it is, and how well it's working.
  19. Paqu

I have played this since launch in november. And even little bit in beta as well. Iam at rank 91 now and haven't got my weapons locked even once.

Its been close handfull of times and most of those were when I was using the Lasher. I can assure you that if I can avoid being locked with Lasher you should have absolutely no problems with any other weapon in this game.
  20. RipperTR

I think the system is fine as it is, just be more careful!

The only thing I would like to see introduced is a forgive/punish system.