[Suggestion] PlanetSide 2 Turkey Flag Decal add

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JackSparrov, Jul 16, 2017.

1. JackSparrov

Nice Photo...
  2. Pikachu

Turkey flags is the most common flag I see in War Thunder.
  3. Babafingo

We want to see a Turkish flag in the game :)
  4. BrbImAFK

Well....

... I've never been above injecting a little Chaos into things! :p

Your wish has been granted!

And on a more serious note... let's keep the nationalism out as much as possible, hmm? There's enough BS and politics and stupidity in the world without bringing it into our games as well.

Don't believe me? Look at the lunatic currently running Turkey and say me nay....

And on an even more serious note, a quick google search suggests some significant reasons why the Turkish flag isn't included in the game. From Turkish law :

Any political party, organization, society, club, association or foundation other than the public associations and those foundations that are determined in the charter shall not use the flag on their emblems, pennants, symbols or similar things that will form base or background on either side. The Turkish Flag shall not be insulted or shown disrespect by speech, writing, action or any other means. The flag shall not be torn, burned, thrown or used without care. Any action that is against this law and the charter shall be prevented and relevant investigation shall be performed.

Now, while this doesn't specifically exclude "inclusion in computer games" it's a pretty good indication that Turkey is (even in comparison to the uber-patriotic US) pretty bonkers about their flag. Given the kind of things that can go on in PS2, I'd be amazingly surprised if Autocratic Dictator-in-Chief Erdogan wouldn't make a big stink about some of the shenanigans PS2 players can get up to.

As for the US and their flag, an equally quick search didn't turn up anything similar from the US, for example. Probably because it IS legal to do whatever you like to the American flag (even if they don't like it). Free speech and all, or something.
  5. Insignus

Indeed. That's what I was alluding to in my standard boilerplate earlier in the thread. I suspected it was exactly what you describe, a constitutional/legal provision. Hence i suggested they contact their government directly. And yes, Turkey is well known for having fairly strong legal provisions on national symbols, monuments, etc.

It is a crime, in fact, to disparage the nation's founder (Ataturk), if I recall correctly. Not that anyone would really want to.

As for Sabaton, I must disagree. Clearly, this is the superior and more relevantly inflammatory video:

6. BrbImAFK

You're quite right. I bow before your clearly superior knowledge of history in general and Sabaton in specific! :D

That said... The Last Stand is clearly a superior musical experience!
  7. Turktrky

8. Turktrky

9. JackSparrov

Mate we just only planetside 2 turkish flag decal add requests. We are not doing politics but you guys are doing politics. You country flag available, Our turkish flag is not available for claim rquest turkish flag decal planetside 2 dev team. By the way There is no copyright turkish flag...
    We all human being are equal!
  10. LordKrelas

Well, your Country has the Legal bit about Flag use.
    It's not about copyright really. Your Flag literally has a legal page about its use by anything.
    No company wants to invite lawsuits.

We are all equal yes.
    But your Flag is seemingly very very very very complicated, and risky.
    • Up x 1
  11. JackSparrov

Show me the source!!
    But your Flag is seemingly very very very very complicated, and risky.
    Do not be afraid, A red field with a white star and crescent slightly left of center.
    We Are The Soldiers Of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk!

[IMG]
  12. LordKrelas

Your own country's documents.
    You know, what people have been quoting?
    Aka this ffs http://www.allaboutturkey.com/flag.htm
    Few want to piss off Turkey's legal system.
    • Up x 2
  13. JackSparrov

hahahah mate I'm a Türk, about turkish flag know. All country flags planetside 2 available there is no problem. Make a request our country Turkish flag. We enjoy, like, care to planetside 2. I'm 57 ALAY KOMUTANLIGI(57th Regiment Command) Turk Outfit Commandor. I just PlanetSide 2 Turkish Flag Decal make a request.
  14. DIGGSAN0

I asked Erdogan, he said no.

Do you wonder why?
    Because he is bad
    • Up x 2
  15. JackSparrov

You are doing politics!
    I do not want to do politics.
    My idol Mustafa Kemal Atatürk!
  16. LordKrelas

No ****.
    Your flag has legal requirements to its use in any & all mediums, as per your Country's legal documents.
    American Flag does not.

You go ahead and make the Request to your own country, to let daybreak use the Turkish flag.
    And you go ahead, and read off the list of requirements there are, for that.
    You want the flag, You do the work of requesting it.
    Since your flag has requirements, as per the Turkish Law...

You miss-understand entirely.

Most companies, when presented with a legal Requirement to not in any form disrespect a flag with a set of vague definitions of it, think that is incredibly scary, when that is only one part of the Legal requirements surrounding a Flag.
    As that.
    That easily becomes a finical, and legal hell quickly.
  17. Insignus

Again, you'd have to ask DBG for their official position on adding the Turkish Flag as a decal, and I'll re-iterate that I encourage you to do so. However, myself and previous posters have noted that there are legal issues here, and as a final entry, I'll go ahead and do some of your research for you.

The law in question is Turkish Law #2893

Per http://mevzuat.meb.gov.tr/html/18171_0.html

In Turkish (Confirmed via Google Translate):

Madde 7 – Türk Bayrağı, yırtık, sökük, yamalı, delik, kirli, soluk, buruşuk veya layık olduğu manevi değeri zedeleyecek herhangi bir şekilde kullanılamaz. Resmi yemin törenleri dışında her ne maksatla olursa olsun, masalara kürsülere, örtü olarak serilemez. Oturulan veya ayakla basılan yerlere konulamaz. Bu yerlere ve benzeri eşyaya Bayrağın şekli yapılamaz. Elbise veya uniforma şeklinde giyilemez.

Hiçbir siyasi parti, teşekkül, dernek, vakıf ve tüzükte belirlenecek kamu kurum ve kuruluşları dışında kalan kurum ve kuruluşun amblem, flama, sembol ve benzerlerinin ön veya arka yüzünde esas veya fon teşkil edecek şekilde kullanılamaz.

Türk Bayrağına sözle, yazı veya hareketle veya herhangi bir şekilde hakaret edilemez, saygısızlıkta bulunulamaz. Bayrak yırtılamaz, yakılamaz, yere atılamaz, gerekli özen gösterilmeden kullanılamaz.

Bu Kanuna ve tüzüğe aykırı fiiller yetkililerce derhal önlenir ve gerekli soruşturma yapılır.

Madde 8 – (Değişik: 23/1/2008-5728/421 md.)

Bu Kanuna ve çıkarılacak tüzüğe aykırı olarak Bayrak yapmak, satmak ve kullanmak yasaktır. Bu yasağa aykırı olarak yapılan Bayraklar o mahallin yetkili amirlerince toplatılır.

Bu Kanun hükümlerine aykırı davranışta bulunanlara, fiilleri suç oluşturmadığı takdirde mahalli mülki amir tarafından Kabahatler Kanununun 32 nci maddesi uyarınca idarî para ceza verilir.

Per Google Translate:

1872/5000
    Article 7 - The Turkish flag can not be used in any way that would damage the spiritual value that is torn, ripped, patchy, dirty, dirty, pale, wrinkled or worthy. Apart from official oath ceremonies, no matter what they are for, it can not be laid as fairy tales or cover. It can not be put in places that are sitting or footed. These places and similar items can not be made into the shape of the bayrağ. It can not be worn as a dress or uniform.

No political party, organization, foundation, or institution or organization other than the public institutions and organizations to be determined in the statutes shall be used in the form of funds or funds on the front or back of the emblems, flags, symbols and the like.
    The Turkish flag shall not be insulted or disrespected in words, in writing or act or in any way. The flag can not be torn, burned, thrown away, or used without the necessary care.
    The acts contrary to this Law and the regulations are immediately prevented and the necessary investigations are made.

Article 8 - (Amended: 23/1 / 2008-5728 / Article 421)

It is forbidden to make, sell and use the Flag in contradiction to this Regulation. Flags made in contravention of this law shall be confiscated by their competent authorities

Administrative fines shall be imposed on those who act in contradiction with the provisions of this Law if the acts do not constitute a criminal offense, in accordance with Article 32 of the Misdemeanor Act by the local superintendent.
    -------------------------

I've already earned the Mastery Of Bureaucracy Directive. But I'll take 50 certs please.
  18. JackSparrov

Mate ok no probem.
    All country flag for legal permission must.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2adz35/country_flag_decals/
    To get permission turkish flag planetside 2 dev team
  19. YLDRMHan

20. JackSparrov