Planetside 2: Nerf Giraffe Camo Volume 2: Nerf Harder

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Winky, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Rec0n412

That's you, but most other players(in my experience) want to avoid friendly fire if at all possible.

Also, I know this is common sense, but be sure you do say you're sorry. Otherwise you tend to have players black-list you, and they'll be looking for an opportunity to return the favor.
  2. Con411

Obviously its the NC who are dumb right because only dumb people play NC. Its the IQ test you have to take after using the game launcher for the first time. It puts all dumb people on NC. Didn't you know this. Maybe you should take the IQ test again you'd probably end up on NC after taking it again.
  3. Nephera

I mean NC default colors on infantry are blue/yellow/black(upper body) and beige(pants). Giraffe camo turns VS purple/black(Upper body) and beige(arms and legs). I was honestly thinking of getting camo myself to obfuscate my team colors.
  4. Gunnisson

They need to rework camos slightly. They need the camouflage to work in tandem with the faction colours, rather than every single piece of clothing (except from the helmet for some reason) gets tie-dyed one camouflage colour, leaving you an amorphous blob. And before someone cries realism, please don't go there with this game in mind. I like the camo's, I really do, but they dont look all that great when they are just plastered onto your entire armour piece with no (or very, very little) faction colouring to break up the camo on your soldier. Also, helmets need at least strips of camouflage, it always looks odd to me when my entire soldier is say, woodland camo, yet my helmet remains a solid blue and yellow.

TL;DR

More faction colours visible while wearing camo on the body and at least some camouflage on the helmet pls Devs, thanks.
  5. Compass

Giraffe Camo should be a TR exclusive.
  6. Gary

I heard its really hard to distinguish VS and NC from looks when using the Giraffe camo. He does not wait for the TR to turn around since they do not have to distinguish between the 2. Just shoot either.
  7. BuzWeaverPS2

An issue I have is the amount of button pushing in games now. Yes, call me old school, however back in the day we had a Reticle in the middle of the screen and we Strafed (double Strafed), Jumped, Reloaded and Crouched (perhaps even grenades). Now games have ADS, Crouch/Crouch Toggle, Prone, Side Tilt, Slide, Revive/Dump Ammo/Dump Medical Kits, Knife, Scratch Nose, just to name a few. That's hell of a lot of button pushing on top of button pushing to talk in Voice Chat. There's practically a button for a button.

Its a lot to have to process for an old geezer like me. I like the challenge, but I so appreciate the days of just aiming and shooting without all the fuss.
  8. gilrad

This is awesome, I made a VS character just to exploit this.
    Here's a tip: When knifing people, hold your pistol. Giraffe camo makes you look like an NC medic, so holding a pistol would make it look like you are holding a healing gun.
  9. Simokon

This is awesome! LOL
  10. HovisTheBread

I just kill anybody I see in Giraffe camo now. Have shot a few friendlies wearing it, have shot a few even when we're not in combat just to make the point. As I tried to explain to them afterwards, there really is no benefit in being an NC dressed as a VS pretending to be an NC. That'll get you killed.

It is an imbalance though and it should be removed on principle to preserve fairness.
  11. subDiii

"Just to make the point." - what a ******.
  12. LordMondando

Space Lincoln is not pleased with the 13th Derp Company 45th Herp Battalion and their performance that day.
  13. LordMondando

Thats the safest way to behave.
  14. Jex =TE=

I have giraffe camo, my whole team does but it's close to our team colours which is why we chose it. I Play TR and have been ignored early on but not anymore. I have also been tk'd a couple of times but again, not much. There's a lot of red on the TR one, dunno about the VS but maybe that one is too close to NC?
  15. Kubor

My Medic has the Giraffe camo and has been TK'd a few times too. But I still sometime get the oblivious enemy "Benny Hill" sketch type instances where I swear I'm invisible to NC players, particularly out in the open and in poor light.
  16. Aelloon

No, it's just people being oblivious. Check out the video in my signature to see people being oblivious as hell. If you don't shoot at them they won't notice you.
  17. Zer0range

Some great music on that second video ... and a very competent giraffe.
  18. Clay Pigeon

NC default cloth color is khaki tan on the LA and some other classes. Giraffe is khaki tan.

See where' I'm going with this?
  19. SpecOps Delta

This is hilarious - maybe the NC players should use this strange key "Q". Rumors say that this will help due to a magical red triangle on top of the head. OR: Report the enemy in the own lines.
    I already managed to sit between NC snipers with the giraffe camo and they did not realize that I am VS....and I do not have a helmet that looks like a NC helmet. Funny and maybe a little clueless NC :)
  20. BengalTiger

I use Pine Forest as the universal camouflage for infantry, an I had 2 Lightnings drive by me when I deployed an Engy turret right behind the gate of an Amp station, with the third one noticing.

A long time ago I posted a few screenshots of TR guys running right next to me- one even aimed at me for the screenshot, but they never noticed I'm a hostile.
    Kill streak of 5, crouching in the open, 30 meters or so away from them. If only I knew which button was the knife back then...

I use Arid Forest on my ground vehicles. I once was driving through Amerish and passed by a Sundy.
    The Sundy was TR, with several people on board. None of them bothered to press Q, we all just moved along, with them not knowing I was about to join my Gal drop team a bit to the South.

For some reason I have yet to fool people in my Vanguard, other than that Vanu guy who I noticed right next to my tank, watching me fire at a far away base.
    Firing an AP round at point blank range showed the person was a BR 1, so I don't think that counts though. :p