Planetside 2: Nerf Giraffe Camo Volume 2: Nerf Harder

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Winky, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Rane

What server is this...I must come there right away. On my server, in any of those situations you would be team killed. Or killed by someone trying to team kill.

That is awesome though, poor NC having to fight yellow enemies.
  2. JKooL

Target recognition on NC is really, really hard sometimes. I've stared at an enemy before not knowing whether or not to fire and I end up dead. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  3. MrShooter

I saw a vanu giraffe for the first time yesterday

I knew from the shape that he was a bad guy and I should shoot, but I still stood there like a slack-jawed idiot while he cooked me because WTF GIRAFFE
  4. Baby

Someone gets it.

Too easy to call people stupid rather than stop and think about why it's happening. I've run through both VS and TR bases in Arctic Tundra camo and killed people. Also run right up to them with it.

People pause for camo because they don't want to kill friendlies by accident. The arrow doesn't pop up until a certain range unless you mouseover so you have to actively check every person you see.

I think the ones calling NC stupid need to point the finger back at themselves because they don't understand the game mechanics or why this is possible.
  5. daicon

whoa crazy how fast this turned into NC weapons talk
    • Up x 1
  6. Jac70

I'm watching and thinking...... 'this can't really be happening' :D
  7. Theodulus

NC is broken.

Their brains, I mean. Dear god, somebody help these people.
  8. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hmm...

As others have said, this isn't a matter of stupidity...but I don't think the camo is overpowered either. It's simply a matter of people not yet being accustom to requiring such close attention to detail. Give it a while, and people will compensate and learn to adjust their attention towards different aspects rather than color...such as armor and weapon design. This will, ultimately, become second nature...right now, it's just a matter of people learning to adjust themselves to the current trick.

I wouldn't remove, or alter, any camo within the game.

If we start harping on trivial things within the shop, then they'll be obligated to remove them...which would lead to a complete and utter lack of interest within shop items. They'll then be forced to either suffer this massive amount of income loss, or start implementing items that drastically improve gameplay or simply look downright absurd. This will all result in the downfall of the game through a cascading effect.

If the NC feel that it's that much of a problem, then implement new camo's into the game that give the same effect for NC (or any faction's) players in regards to their enemy factions. I can guarantee you that people will learn to adapt to this and focus upon armor and weapon details as though it were second nature. It'll just take some time.
    • Up x 1
  9. Littleman

I'm a TR with giraffe camo on my uniform, on my weapon, on my ****ing sundy. (That last one actually allowed me to slip into a vanu tank mob, there's like no faction colors on the damn thing when it looks like the SUN.) As an infantry men, people have no problem distinguishing me, but then I don't have a cool color on me like blue or purple.

Regardless... I recognize by silhouette's more so than color. VS troops are always either pointy if armored, or small if not. I'm not color blind or anything, I just tend to respond to movement and other "discrepencies" in the landscape image that point out the location of enemy troops. In my opinion, the higher the graphics settings, the less the infantry pop out from the background, so you could say I've conditioned myself.

And yes... NC troops tend to be lacking in the mental efficiency department, though the TR aren't that far behind. Haven't any real experience with VS, but I'm sure they have their fair share of stupid too.

However, I can not fathom that someone didn't see you knifing friendlies.
    • Up x 1
  10. Maximilious

this happens to me with my white scythe all the time, I get shot down by by our VS :(
    • Up x 1
  11. Garfboy

That was the best PS2 video I've seen yet - the whole time I'm thinking "This is the video I would expect from someone rampantly team killing... and yet those aren't his team." =) Super funny
  12. Corway

This has nothing to do with intelligence we simply respect all animals. Space freedom for all!
  13. Badname2059

I have been using this camo exclusively against the NC, and today I honestly got killed more often from my own team than I ever did from an NC troop.

I went 3:1 K/D ratio by the end of the day, I had 3 streaks of over 8 kills. 68% of my deaths were from friendly fire incidents, and not from being hit by a tank, I actually had several team mates shoot me mistakingly.

The camo is both a gift and a curse.

In heavy fire fights, it is amazing and can get you behind enemy lines for some massive kill streaks. But when camping bases, it seems friendlies are so focused on finding targets that it only aids in you getting caught in the cross fire and dying to friendly fire.
  14. doorap

haha that's awesome i gotta try that
  15. NewSith

@OP

Hint: You are lagging like a mofo... The best indication is your first TR kill on the second video.
    • Up x 1
  16. Novmiech

I love your videos I really do - but please stop filming with your Nokia :D

P.S. Grats LawyerKnight
  17. Ghostfox

I picked up the Pine Forest camo and I've been able to run through groups of enemies to make things go boom before people actually realize that 'Hey...... maybe I should shoot that guy with the big yellow backpack!'.
  18. Ixal

Cameos are generally problematic. Even the normal ones are not totally balanced (in a Biodome at dusk VS are much harder to spot than for example TR) but paid cameos which lets you look like the other faction is too much.
  19. JDCollie=VX9=

I would be far more likely to confuse a camouflaged TR player with a NC one than I would VS. The VS armor is just shaped so differently.

Granted though, in a huge firefight like that, target recognition within your own ranks is difficult, even if the enemy isn't camouflaged.
  20. Opapanax

Lol even the India camo gets people like this... Not as hardcore tho.. funny and enraging at the same time... Come on people he'd right there LoL Haha