Phoenix to be buffed against vehicles again, loses OHK on infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MykeMichail

Exactly.

Oh and nice shot with the Liberator today when you nailed me as I was flying under at 300 km/h
  2. MykeMichail

Slower reload.
    Slower projectile speed.
    More drop when unguided.
    Requires ADS to fire.

Sorry, but I'd hardly call it a direct upgrade. I still pull out my Shrike on a regular basis.
  3. nella

I don't know what the f*** they're thinking. The Phoenix, regardless of what some NC says, is a ridiculously good rocket launcher against vehicles. If a full squad runs with phoenixes, no sunderer can be deployed within 300m.

It needs a nerf to infantry damage and be made easier to shoot down, what it don't need is increased damage against vehicles. And before any NC claims I'm a TR/VS spy, I have used the phoenix extensively, I have over 1000 kills with it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Xasapis

The projectile speed is directly related to the ease of use. The faster they make it, the less maneuverable and harder to control.
    Are we talking about drop on a TV guided weapon , where drop is irrelevant?
    Yes, it does require ADS to fire, but you also can fire it from cover or behind a wall and curve it in ways that it impossible to achieve with a dumpfire.

It is a direct upgrade in the sense that if you use it as a dumpfire, there is no way you can miss with it, since you can adjust for movement. But it's so much more, since you can hit at angles impossible to hit with a dumpfire, while also firing the weapon from the safety of complete cover.

The phoenixes create a non sunderer zone around any base, which is a huge advantage that can't be replicated by the other factions. The best faction at defending bases has become even better with this weapon.
  5. Phazaar

You've been argued down on all of these points before and yet you continue to demonstrate your absolute stubbornness and were it not for certain forum rules, I'd throw in another word starting with s and ending in idity... Wait and see what the stats are, and in the mean time, try using the Phoenix. No, I mean, really. Get on an NC character. Activate the trial. Go see how many ESFs you can hit; how many Galaxies (which currently take around 8-10 hits from the most difficult-to-hit-moving-targets-with weapon), and how many tanks. See how often you can hit the rear armor when your position would only have allowed you to hit the front.

Come back and post us a montage of what you achieve in your 30 minutes with the weapon.

And for the love of God, 295m flight range=/= 300m radius, NOR 450m scouting range. It does not turn corners, and the FOV is 20 degrees. If you produced a scout drone with a FOV like that, you'd have your defence budget cut immediately.

It needs a buff versus vehicles so it is not redundant in 150m (outdone by dumbfire+decimator) and incredibly situational in 150-250m (again, outdone by lockons in 50% of situations, unable to acquire targets due to low manoeuvrability in another 25%). The Striker is a flat upgrade over the Anni. There's no reason the Phoenix shouldn't be a straight upgrade over AT LEAST the dumbfires, if not the Decimator.
  6. Shockwave44

What the hell?

[IMG]

This is the best I could do since the lancer came out.
  7. PS2Freak

yeah, after infantry nerf, all complainer belong into "biased-faction-trolls" category, i cant take that serious anymore..
  8. Nurf3d

So all those Pheonix missles that where OHKing bad players will now all be redirected at your vehicles, I see more whine inc...
  9. PS2Freak

no at all, the Striker is a winer in that category.. Best AV launcher is Striker
  10. nella

I used it a lot to farm infantry and get the auraxium medal before nerf which I saw coming after the first rocket I fired. But it's still an incredible AV rocket launcher and people will whine about that now once people stop targeting infantry and go for vehicles.
  11. PS2Freak

and ? Striker is much better at AV killing.

There no serious arguments anymore.

people whine, because their psychic is labile.

i for my part never abused Phoenix to kill SoftTargets.
  12. St0mpy

And again you try and talk down to me as if you know all and I know nothing, and none of my previous rebuttals or informative clips about how your view sees (at least) 150m beyond the 300m camera fuel range had any effect, since here you are again trying to disprove a fact. The same fact.

You want stats? Why wait to see? I know you wont take my word for it so here they are, weve had them for days, look them the hell up yourself, updated daily.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=25

Secondly my longnosed friend, my alt is NC, ive had plenty of testing time and do not need to create montages to prove I have the required experience to satisfy you I can come to my own conclusions.

Even if i did satisfy your hurdles youll still ignore and plead down any experience I present to yourself and around the merry go round youll go with the same self important "never surrender" attitude as past discussions, its tiresome.

Come at me with logic and data and youll get a discussion, be defensive and continue to come at me with bias then im just going to sidestep you and your arguments and repeat data or opinion until you can speak reasonably, since I dont need to disprove what is clearly based on your own single experience.
  13. DJStacy

I only fly these days when needed but I have seen the phoenix ONE SHOT ESF's this cant be good for the game as a whole.

Dont think it should be possible to ONE shot any AIR vechicle in the game. The skill required to fly well is a balance for most aircraft, AA is well balanced now in terms of Flak. Even with the Striker a Good pilot with flares can fly around you all day because of the long lock on time, and the fact the terrain itself breaks the lock..................

Iv'e seen Phoenix one shot ESF's and now they are increasing vehicle damage :eek:.

We will find a way to counter most weapons and situations, easy is boring but one shot ESF weapons are not going to help this game at all..............................
    • Up x 1
  14. PS2Freak

from all my 600 shots all missed the air ! faction-bias-will-tell-you-storys - but thats not true. like if phoenix is Air killer. HAHAHAHA.

striker is the beast, but you play for TR you dont feel the heat.
  15. N0008918

Stop whing! Hitting air with Phoenix is a real challange and should be rewarded with a kill. It would be better for you whiners to spend more time ingame leraning how to fly and control your aircraft propperly instead of calling for nerfs in this forums.
  16. HadesR

No it shouldn't

But per reload the Phoenix should do more damage than a Striker due to it being much harder to hit with ... So the only logically course would be to lower Striker damage vs air .. So Phoenix could still be higher but without OHKing ESF's
  17. St0mpy

Oh but according to most of the NC in this thread thats so impossible to do 'unless they really deserved it', are you sure it wasnt an exploding mule you saw instead?

Anyway joking aside, its already changing how people feel about the game, I no longer choose to be farmed by NC and will move hex to VS/TR borders now, they can keep their OP weapons, they might as well have a 400m wallhack, sod em, ill enjoy the fair fights elsewhere. They wont miss me.
  18. Ashner

Phoenix does not 1 hit ESF's where did you get that idea? Besides you have to be really dumb as an ESF to get hit by one..
    As for vehicles, try to park behind a building or rock, phoenixes cannot hit you from there, or just simply drive away the rocket is too slow to follow you.
    I'm happy tho that the dmg on infantry will be nerfed.
  19. PS2Freak

no arguments, no video of AIR Kills with phoenix, no Player Data.

Faction-Bias-Trolling at best!
  20. St0mpy

dood at least go to your own VR and test before posting stuff like this..

...really o_O