Phoenix to be buffed against vehicles again, loses OHK on infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by St0mpy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. St0mpy

see what I mean? they cant even accept they can OSK ESF without demanding a video, probably incase it spoils the halo of denial that its so damn OP lol
  2. DJStacy

That would be fine with me, just think you need air in this game to mantain ground advances. Of coarse there should be counters for vehicles but not in the form of one shot kills....

You can respawn many times after shotguns or if you can play, fight from a buffered distance. These are like shotguns for the skys, sort of takes the heart out of the game.......................
  3. Ashner

stationary dummies =/= piloted esf
    Try to hit a piloted one in mid-air, yes I have tried and they did not die with 1 shot
  4. PS2Freak

probably because, i used phoenix outside of VR. this is my real combat experience with Phoenix. from 600 shots with it, i did managed to hit 1 time a scythe, but this scythe was 5 meter above the earth. all other attempts lead into nothing.

thats why i dont buy hes "phoenix destroy air game" story.

what really destroys air is striker.

my perception of tr changed lately very much, so much bias, so much hate, so much unjustice. i know there are still some good tr soldiers, but in most cases on forum i just shake my head left-right...
  5. St0mpy

the stats disagree, experienced striker users are averaging 10 kills on vehicles per hour for every 8 the phoenix kills, now thats all vehicles and not just ESF but still, if it was 'really destroying' air then its either not true, or destroying land vehicles must really suck for all those to be air kills.
  6. N0008918

I have managed to kill 5 ESF with it. 3 of those were on the ground and the other 2 were hovering 10 meters above the ground while shooting at our sunderer. And yes it kills ESF with 1 Rocket (they explode 1-2sec after impact) and thats perfectly ok that way. Hitting moving air units is near impossible.
  7. hostilechild

Last night i used the phoenix. Had it for a trial before and didn't think it was all that good, buggy, slow turn, didn't get control fast enough, passed right through people even on direct hit half the time.
    But last night after the changes, it was a little ridiculous. I just had to have the infantry within a few mils of the center and they died, hit running, jumping even jetpack infantry easier than before.
    However had many a magrider boost away from it or quickly strafe to side, so its not all that invisible. You will never chase a vehicle down from behind and hitting atv/sunderer at full speed from side took some getting use to by leading a lot and circling back into them.

I actually killed 3 ESF with it, didn't fill bad about those LolPodders that stayed still too long. The other 40 shots i fired at aircraft missed as the pilot moved at last second. Some of these i am sure they could see, but the majority were to there rear and like some ESP/Fire alarm went off they moved to the side or flew off stopping there lolpod shots mid shot. Couldnt even chase down a hover circle strafing lib it was so slow. With so many pilots making a last second no reason maneuver a few feet to side then continue shooting, it started to look pretty obvious something was up as they obviously didn't see the missile and they didn't bother moving unless one was shot.

Sniper vs Phoenix went to the snipers, killed a bunch of them but i died to snipers more than anything else all night. You don't always know where they are flanking to keep cover and the LA were flanking positions a lot also.

Still felt sorry for the infantry. Would shoot the vehicle then wait for the engi to jump out shoot him then return to shooting the vehicle :D Over all though my K/D with saw vs infantry was better than phoenix vs infantry simply due to the overwhelming number of la/snipers flanking positions (pretty much our 2 squads vs zerg most of night) made for a nice 30k/hr exp. LA were killing me fast from 100-150m out with lynx while i was scoped in phoenix didn't even get chance to press E. Sure you could spawn room snipe with it, but i only do that to camping tanks just no fun.
  8. Eclipson

Sweet sauce, they nerfe it just in time for double xp. There would have been so much pheonix spam this weekend. Glad they fixed it just in time.
  9. hansgrosse

OMG you're right! NERF AT MINES!
  10. MykeMichail

Point is, there are still times where you will want to use the default launcher over the Phoenix.

The speed might make it easier to guide, but it also reduces your effective DPS. Drop is relevant because the less drop you have to account for the sooner you can exit guidance and start loading up your next shot.

Lets put it this way:

With a Shrike: I aim for my target. I click. I reload. I aim. I click. I reload. I aim. I click. Until my target dies.
    With a Phoenix: I aim for my target. I click. I wait for the missile to reach its target. I reload. I aim. I click. I wait for my missile to reach its target... until FINALLY my target dies.

There are simply times where the guidance function of the missile aren't necessary, and the higher DPS achievable with the default launcher is desirable. The ability to fire from behind cover is frequently irrelevant when I can simply pop out of cover for under a second and fire off a dumbfire rocket which will do the same job and then duck back into cover whilst I reload.

As such, the Phoenix is still a sidegrade, not a direct upgrade. When I know I will be in close proximity with enemy vehicles, I still take my Shrike out, just as I did even after buying both the Hawk and Crow.
  11. Xasapis

Don't forget that smoke and flares can and will render your striker shots obsolete. My magrider has max smoke, which means that every 15 seconds I can activate it and can stay immune from lock ons for 6 seconds. The phoenix does not have these kind of limitations.

And you are right, all launchers should be sidegrades. The multi missile shots of the phoenix can be both a blessing and a curse for the launcher though. We can only know how much of a difference the system makes if we compare it to the annihilator.
  12. Pie Chasm

I don't own, nor will I ever own a phoenix. The weapon was fine.

All this proves is that anything can be nerfed with sufficient complaining.

(( Clenches his Striker tightly to his chest ))

Please don't hurt my baby.
  13. MaelstromSOB

lets see you ****** when a nc weapon actually works on something..... mind you not what it was intended to work on though.

its worthless on anything but infantry atm...it would have to be a substantial increase to even approach the tr weapon..................nerf the tr rl as well so we can all have equallly ****** luanchers....winks

piss off
  14. FlayvorOfEvil

Yeah, but then you'll need to reduce its infantry damage to 250 and increase lockon time to 4 seconds.
  15. BraSS

Been playing tonight on Mattherson Indar. Pulling tanks is completely pointless, as TR platoons are spamming the hell out of Striker rockets. You can't even get close to a point without being hit by 5000 rockets.

BF4 is looking better every day
  16. Adderton

God, I'm getting sick an tried of hearing about this weapon is OP, or this needs to be nerfed or this needs to by buffed, everyone needs to realize that this game will never be a truly balanced FPS. You all need to realize this and play to your own factions strengths and get on with playing the game. I have seen so many people in the last couple of weeks rage quit the game because they reckon one of other factions weapons or vehicles are OP, well all I can say on the subject is 'get over it, adapt or die'. Besides, what I think a lot of people are forgetting is that it's only a game, and games are meant to be fun an enjoyable, so what if you think one faction has an advantage because they have an OP tank or aircraft or gun, just deal with it an get on with the game people, geez is it that hard.
  17. LibertyRevolution

Phoenix is good at shooting the hovering rockspam esf, or the one parked on a pad.
    Other than that, good luck hitting one, even a stock lib can just turn and outrun phoenix..
  18. St0mpy

if its worthless on everything but infantry how come avg kills/hr on vehicles is 8 vs the strikers 10?

Doesnt look worthless to me, plus ANOTHER damage buff is coming in todays patch, is it gonna be even more worthless after that you think?

Basically its going to have the same vehicle kills/hr as a striker (which cant do anything else at all), but be free flying giving no warning, and have infantry killing ability and can scout an area up to 450m in each direction.
  19. gnometheft

this thread is hard proof most of the forums is screaming nerf for no reason. sense esrls were launched you whiners have been crying so hard for an extremely hard shot v infantry to no longer osk, got it, and now need something new to ***** about. no one was complaining about phoenix v vehicles, you know why/ because the hard stats proove the striker as the most effective av esrl right now. you have no merit saying this av buff is too much, you havent even seen it live. enjoy the devs not responding let alone giving it any actual thought, to your meaningless, un fact checked cry thread. your tears only strengthen the glorious new conglomerate.
  20. St0mpy

actually experienced strikers are killing 10 vehicles per hour vs phoenix 8 per hour, and thats probably because phoenix users are too busy getting their 19 infantry kills per hour against the strikers 7 per hour.

hard stats lol