Pay2Anni-lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phungus420, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Rhumald

it's not zerg mentality, if it was zerg mentality there'd be no strategy or tactical gameplay involved, they'd just charge all the points head on first thing every time

What you're essentially complaining about is a full squad of people with rocket launchers shooting down your measly 1 air-craft, it's not supporting the zerg, it's supporting the smart who countered the unprepared, and is completly beside my point, which is that you are calling all those launchers "annihilators" when the annihilator is just 1 out of the bunch, and the absolute worst one to be pointing out as your example launcher.

It is not irrelevant at all, if you're any good of a pilot you'll not fly without a path of retreat planned out, you know which direction generally your ennemies are in, so just duck behind whatever obstacle you can until you hear the boom, but in the case of the annihilator it's even simpler, you merely need fly towards an obstacle, like say, the ground by holding CTRL, and the missile will fly straight into it, trying to fly towards that imaginary point it thinks you're flying towards under the terrain (it's flight mechanic's been different ever since the last major patch, I've been trying to find youtube videos as a demonstration, but they're all pre-patch vids).

It also takes a full 4.7 seconds to reload the thing, after every shot, and an additional 3 seconds to lock on, assuming you've no stealth, and as mentioned, it's not the best AI weapon, in fact it's the worst, it cannot dumb-fire, at all, your knife makes a better AI ranged weapon than it does.

I'm not saying the other launchers aren't problematic, I'm just asking you to stop messing up an already fixed and acceptable weapon by calling every other launcher by it's name.
  2. Yawnn

You're just bad.

Me and my outfit always go annihilator squads and set up a platoon along a road were we predict the zerg to go and profit. Same thing happened to us while we were moving down a road, guess what? We took 1 squad to keep their attention and 3 squads to screen them, fkers got owned, we got cap, profit.

Like I said, you're just bad

World went to **** when they started dropping mandatory conscription. The curling-youth of today has no experience and cry all day long.
    • Up x 2
  3. LordMondando

Again I disagree, I don't particularly want to give tactics away, my only suggestion here though would be as follows.

In order to be effective an Anhilator nest needs to have a good field of view.

This requires them to minimize their protection by defilade

So i'll just retreat to my earlier position.

10 of everything is OP

And there are possible tactics to deal with nearly everything out there, team work is OP and the community needs to innovate more and complain less.
    • Up x 1
  4. biterwylie

I think SOE needs to look much more closely at this. While I agree the Lock Ons are working in the correct way against Air Power, (althought they should now have flares as standard) they are totally killing the use of ground vehicles. Now ground vehicles are getting over killed by both the air and the infantry.

Imagine if in real life every infantry man carried a lock on anti vehicle launcher. You would simply see vehicles disapear from the battlefield altogether.

Imagine 20 M1 Abraham tanks, 70 tons of the worlds latest hi tech armour, rolling across the Iraq desert. Then BOOM the first tank explodes, then 90 seconds later all 20 are destroyed. ___Battlefield Report ___ Tank Brigade ran into heavy resistance and was destroyed without being able to return fire on the enemy. Enemy numbers esitmated to be 10 infantry o_O
  5. Phyr

Hax. It would take far longer for 10 HA's to kill 20 tanks. They could kill maybe 2.5 tanks, and then get destroyed by the 17.5 tanks left.
  6. Vorxil

Badgered is actually right. Because of the turn rate and tracking of lock-on missiles there simply doesn't exist any proper defense other than flares and the occasional hiding behind a mountain. Furthermore, the abundance of lock on weaponry forces people into using flares. There's simply no reason to go with any of the other items.

Additionally, A2A missiles are even worse. So many dogfights have been ruined into lackluster cat and mouse chases. Once someone has a lock on you, you either run and hope the enemy loses interest or you're screwed.
    All of this wouldn't be problem if the turn rate and tracking was tuned down to allow ACMs to be useful. Even better, tune the missiles to be used for larger and less agile vehicles to allow more high altitude aerial combat.
  7. biterwylie

Can we give vehicles a lock on secondary heavy machine gun that can take out infantry from a range that they cannot even see the tank? Sound like a good idea no? Kind of like the Aim Bot that SOE gave HA troopers.
  8. biterwylie

It only took 90 seconds for a squad to kill 20 Sundy...
  9. Vorxil

They did something similar with the Enforcer in the beta but it was later removed.
  10. Phyr

Those are the worst sundy drivers/players in the world. They should be ashamed. If they aren't at the warpgate right now disemboweling themselves in shame they should be thrown to the firing line.
  11. biterwylie

No they are not - HA is god mode.
  12. Phyr

I killed a HA with a beamer once. Am I God?
  13. Arkha3

This is an extremely unrealistic approach. There are many AT launchers in the world but they're heavy, requires a steady hand and most are disposable. The optics and computers on most modern armor today is so advanced, that turrets are able to fire on their own on target, without the gunners aid. When a tank column is about to go to war, they need intel on what's ahead before risking those multi million dollar war machine.

This game is just pure fantasy and ponies compared to the real world. When you see the shear firepower we have today, your average soldier is but a mere ant that's only good at taking cover. Until they're blown to pieces by an unmanned drone strike that the pilot saw him by heat, sitting at his desk 1500 miles away. (Talk about overpowered)

Real life situations should only be limited in a multiplayer "fair to play" world such as this. If people reeeaaally hate guided weapons THAT much, then a manually guided missile feature is the best alternative.
  14. rayvon

They arent even that good, i need to hit you with something like 5 shots to kill you, how is that op ?
    • Up x 1
  15. Phyr

Apparently if 5 people do the same thing the sky is falling and needs "fixed".
    • Up x 1
  16. FeiXue

Because it sells well?
  17. LoveJuices

Because for every Tank there is 15 HA

While you yourself may not be all that much of a threat. Lock-on allows every HA within LoS to put 100% accurate damage on target. If they were dumb fire 15 HA would fire and maybe 2-3 would hit depending on range. Lock-on means that whatever number of HA in the area, that is your new damage rating. You yourself may not get the kill but for every volley launched another vehicle is dead. Without any skill on behalf of the shooters, or any recourse for the target. Other then hide and whimper until the HA go away. That is why all this talk about how lock-on has lower damage and reload is bunk. It doesn't matter because of the natural of lock-on your damage could be 1/10th the default launcher and it would still be OP. Because no vehicle can fight you heads up. They cannot even exist where that much concentrated mass fire can originate.
  18. rayvon

You expect to take on 15 HA in one tank ?
    lol
    Im not too keen on the lock on part, but they are far from op.
  19. biterwylie

:rolleyes: What he is basically saying... Oh I cant be bothered to explain it to you.
  20. Phyr

Trees are more dangerous then lock on launchers.