Pay2Anni-lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phungus420, Feb 10, 2013.

1. phungus420

You can't go anywhere in a vehicle without getting killed by them. Just rolled a new NC character to see what all the NC whine is about, and my poor reaver without flares can't do anything. I have a mossy with flares (nearly fully certed) and things are fubar there too, I can't get within 1km of any action without needing to pop flares, but at least I can get a looksy at what's going on, but in a newly uncerted ESF YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

This is not the healthy state of the game.

Annihilators need their lock on range halved, if not more. They should not be able to lock onto anything until they are at the very least at max infantry render range of 300meters.

Giving players invisible god mode with autohit weapons that specifically destroy any new characters' ability to use vehicles is simply game breaking.

Also NC whines about the reaver are stupid. Thing handles almost as well as a sythe.
    • Up x 26
  2. Antivide

• Up x 16
  3. HerpTheDerp

So why Annihilators, which do tickle damage, are overpowered against air, and AA launchers, which do slight bump damage, aren't?

You seem horribly confused.
    • Up x 3
  4. Rusky

Rofl, thanks for the laugh. :D

Because the Anni tracks differently. You can evade the AA launcher missile most of the time if you actually try. It's almost pointless trying to evade the Anni unless you're hiding behind a rock.
    • Up x 3
  5. LordMondando

Several of everything vs. one thing is overpowered.

Or rather, organisation is OP.
    • Up x 11
  6. Littleman

I'll accept a nerf to the annihilator when my default dumb-fire launcher has at least the same reload speed and velocity as the annihilator rocket. Both attributes could go faster than that, and I could only be happier. 5 rockets with the default is barely enough to destroy a tank firing at its front, which is what is most often exposed.

Currently, the annihilator is the only launcher that guarantees a hit, even if not by skill. The dumb-fires? Waste of ammo beyond 20-30m. The annihilator isn't the problem, it's that everything else is just complete $#!% outside of very short range as far as infantry -vs- tank interactions go.
    • Up x 10
  7. Rusky

I take it you would like a rocket launcher that would be able to kill a tank in less than 5 hits to the front ? Perhaps you also expect a hit to the back to one shot the tank ?

Amusing.

Also the dumbfire has the fastest rocket, so there you go, your wish is granted :p

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IRE&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
    • Up x 4
  8. HadesR

Is the two rocket bug / exploit just dumbfires or does it work with Anni's aswell ? If so maybe that exaggerates the problem also
  9. ABATTLEDONKEY

the Anhilator isnt OP. its just that a baby-proofed fire-and-forget missile launcher is one of the stupidest gameplay mechanics the devs could put into the game. Making it worse is that the thing is totally universal making numbers MUCH more important than organization or teamwork.

Anni squads are the ultimate type of zerg. they are the perfect example of how dumbing down a game, and appeasing to the lowest denominator of infantry players has awarded us a weapon where the number of players wielding it, is directly proportionate to the power of the zerg, and nothing else matters.
    • Up x 6
  10. Blitzkrieg

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  11. Rusky

It could be worse. They could let the Anni lock on infantry too :D :D :D
  12. LordMondando

Sigh..

Individual damage is terrible, vs. nearly anything trying to solo a anhilator will be a fail.

The real issue people are upset about is organised units running anhilator hardpoints.

Solution, go around them. Not up against them 10 times, failing, then going onto the forum for a moan.
    • Up x 4
  13. Littleman

You took some things out of context, or I poorly presented them. Either way, I'm pretty sure you've never actually operated as an HA for any real length of time to make the connection that 5 rockets is all you get.

Regarding that chart, it does seem the default dumb-fire's have a faster velocity, even if in game it certainly doesn't feel like it. Either way, it's far from being fast enough to justify a nerf to the annihilator. I damn well better see velocities of 250 to 300 at the very lowest before the dumb-fires are at all useful beyond ranges where I might as well just toss some C4 as a medic.

... Splash would also have to be reduced, we have enough problems with people using these things as AI weaponry, improving velocities would just make it more effective at that role.
  14. m44v

We have a new weapon on sale! a rocket launcher that locks on infantry, the perfect counter against those HA you're getting sick of.
    BUY TODAY and get 50% discount.
    • Up x 2
  15. Rusky

My second most played class is HA for sure. It doesn't matter if you get only 5 rockets, it only takes 2 to kill a tank and it's up to you to flank it.
    If you can't flank it, tough luck. Or just find an ammo pack and spam it to death.
    You need to understand that a tank (and by proxy, things that kill tanks) can't be balanced on the 1v1 case with a random HA. You should not be able to kill a tank by yourself unless the tank driver overextends or makes a mistake (allowing you to flank him and C4 or rocket his ***, or simply spam him with 2-3 friends before he can retreat to cover).
    • Up x 1
  16. ABATTLEDONKEY

no, the problem is that when these squads do this (i hardly call this organised) there is NO real counter to it. there is no real weakness to it. not only do these squads have large numbers of a kill-anything-without-any-skill launchers that will destroy any vehicle LONG before that vehicle can touch the squad, but the class that carries this launcher is ALSO the best AI class in the game. this means that an infantry assault is JUST as likely to fail as a vehicle one, and there is no skill, or organization required to effectively deny the enemy entire regions of the map. The only way to overcome an anni squad is to overwhelm them with numbers, or maybe get a ton of snipers to harass them (which is pointless if they are defending). the response to that is increased numbers of annies.
    • Up x 1
  17. MarkAntony

Teamwork is still OP huh?
    • Up x 4
  18. Rusky

Organised units my ***. I see 5-10 people randomly run up to a hill with an ammo pack dropped by a smart engi who wants the certs, and they start spamming the anni at everything that they see (which is a lot more than what sees them ... ),
    • Up x 3
  19. Terrex

The Annihilator - When no skill is required, just sad numbers.
    • Up x 5
  20. LordMondando

The counter to it, is the same counter to Anti-tank nests IRL.

Infantry screening.