Pay2Anni-lock

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by phungus420, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ChaosRender

Why can't the tanks see the HAs, because of rendering problems? And unless those HA are behind the tanks they will not take them out in one volley, but the tanks would know where they are and go circle and kill them.
  2. Tekuila

People should have to aim a weapon, no more of this bullcrap lock ons.
    • Up x 1
  3. Cinnamon

Just the way it works, vehicles cull at a much longer range than infantry. They did make a change so that MAX render for ESF pilots to make flak MAX more fair but I bet that the performance hit for making all HA render for everyone in a vehicle would kill performance for people with even the best CPU since HA are so common.

So they travel around them in a huge radius and go behind them taking how long? The HA will probably not be there any more and if they are they will not be surprised to see them since they still see them first. But there are some paths in some areas where tanks can be sneaky or pop up over ridges and back before lock. In a way they have it better than flyers caught in the open.
    • Up x 1
  4. ChaosRender

When I am in my tank I can see the heavies shooting me, and why go the long way around charge them and circle them they can not kill 5 MBT in under 10 rockets to the rear or 20-25 to the front, and if me and my gunner can not kill a single HA before he can fire 5 rockets he deserves the kill. If you cant flank the HAs, shell them at range and repair.
  5. Cinnamon

So you have played armour a lot and never experienced being hit by annihilators from people you can't see or have never seen enemy tanks by themselves in places that you know must be crawling with enemy infantry? We are not talking about the sort of range where dumb fire rockets are fine.
  6. NietCheese

That would be silly and we'd see air dominance again shortly after they did that. What they need to do is use more skill based balancing.

The first thing that should be introduced is the ability for planes to see how many rockets are on their tail. They need to fix the lock on bug immediately. Many deaths are because the pilot no longer thinks a missile is on their tail.

Then planes need the ability to go "below and above the radar". Once a plane has gone below say 30 meters from the ground, they can't be locked onto. Planes should be able to avoid missiles when they are 500 meters above the ground, locks should drop, tracking missiles should fall to the ground. So if a plane gets locked, they can apply full bursters and actually get above/below to safety.

The agility of missiles could be slightly reduced, so they can't turn like a plane can. So a highly skilled pilot can learn to avoid them (already true, but there are so many missiles being fired at once it's difficult). The missiles could have less fuel so a plane with 100 burster fuel can escape if they immediately use all of their bursters in the right direction.

They need to reward skill and penalise dumb spammable weapons. Make dumb fired weapons have more noticeable vapour trails. Any new rocket launchers should do more damage but should require manual locking, like a TOW missile in BF 3.

More skill, less noob spam.
  7. SolidSnake

You actually have to aim the launcher to lock it, so.. but yeah I understand your post and let me tell you it's the stupidest post I've read in a while. Probably coming from a pilot who wants EZ mode farming of everything back the way it was at launch.

Taking away Annihilators would just bring back ESF/Lib air dominance back, then you'd be back here whining about how you're getting farmed by air support and how OP it is and in need of nerfing. No, sorry Maverick, you can't solo tank columns, infantry, base defenses, and other aircraft with impunity. You have a problem with HA using rocket launchers on your planes, then work with your infantry to stop them. You know, adapt. Instead of coming here to whine for changes to bring back the game YOU want, without considering how it's gonna affect group play. Call of Duty games are ---> that way. Go lone wolf it there all you want.
    • Up x 1
  8. Malishan

It wouldnt be as unfair if we could actually see you ground pounders before we're in instant death range. That is the biggest issue. To make things worse though now, the lockon warning fair often fails now also. No warning no chance to pop flares even at higher altitudes, just poof. Rediculous.
    • Up x 2
  9. carlos1982

I have to argue the contrary man! now the anhigilator is useless! the damage it does is to small and now the time to lock on is larger!!! I REGRET HAVE BOUGHT IT! :(

I REGRET ALL THE MONEY I DID PUT IN THIS GAME!!!
    • Up x 1
  10. Malishan

just shut the f up. As i just said if rendering was not such an issue then things would be alot closer to fair.. Aircraft are pretty much just a novelty again. As a player that plays half and half air/ground, I had no problems getting "farmed by air" at any point in this game. If I died a few times I do as decent players do, either swap to AA or move along, accept the base as lost and regroup to get a decent air defense going at the next base. Weak players fail to adapt. End of story.

That said, once again the worst of it is the rediculous rendering ranges. You see a sundy in the distance, you approach to get a decent shot and *blink* surprise theres 5 burster maxes and 10 lockon missles coming at you. Or you're flying along in apparently clear territory scanning for targets and you dont see them at all. I've had groups of infantry not render untill they're less than 50 ft away, and thats not because of my system, and not just in huge battles. I play on max settings at 100fps...
    • Up x 1
  11. LoveJuices

So just curious.

Why is there a weapon which allows a player to extend his effective range by 10x without even having to aim in the least or judge distance and arc?

Personally I think weapons that take risk of miss out of the hands of the player for guaranteed hits should actually be worse in a legitimate way compared to one that actually requires the user to have a degree of skill to use. Not better is every way that matters.
    • Up x 4
  12. Malishan

Truth, but I could put up with things as they are alot easier if they fixed the ******** short rendering distances for infantry and made the lockon warning reliable again. I've gone poof many times now to lockon missles that give no lockon warning.
    • Up x 1
  13. HerpTheDerp

You mean like you have to constantly aim the Annihilator in 10 degree radius at enemy vehicle for at least three seconds?

I mean for most infantry engagements, doing the same thing with an infantry weapon, the guy in your reticule ends up dead. DEAD.

And Annihilator doesn't kill ANY vehicle other than Flash in one shot. In fact it's the LEAST damaging of all the launchers.

Cry more, vehiclefags.
    • Up x 1
  14. Duff_Chimp

I heard that you can also buy weapons with certs?

Annihilators are broken OP at the moment so just calm the **** down. Also smoke and flares still work to some degree.
  15. Alien51

So much talk about Annihilators...
  16. Rhumald

annihilators take 3 seconds to lock on, as a base statistic, they used to take 2, which I was still fine with.

Annihilators cannot dumb fire.

Annihilators have a different flight mechanic, which pretty much ensures that if you are moving anywhere near the ground, it will hit something else; it doesn't follow, it predicts.

Annihilators have the lowest Rocket launcher damage @1150 compared the the better tracking mechanic, though more type specific lock on launchers that each do 1500 and can dumb-fire, 1700 for the default dumb-fire only launcher, and 2000 for the Decimator dumb-fire only launcher.

Source; Google doc.

If you have a large group of people working in tandem to take you down, yes, they will, and should, destroy you.
    • Up x 10
  17. Badname2490

EVERYTHING LOCK ON IS OP! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY MAKE THIS GAME SO EASY FOR INFANTRY! I'M A PILOT I AM MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU :mad:
    • Up x 5
  18. Alien51

Increase Lock on Time for all Ground targets.
    Increase Missile speed.
    Decrease Missile turning.

Problem solved.
  19. LoveJuices

Missiles have uncanny tracking ability. There is no amount of fancy flying that will save you and even getting behind cover is dubious at best since it loves to curve around obstacles according to your flight path. One memorable lockerpro fired his rocket at me from the Eastern cliffs of the Crown. I AB away and flipped on my side and crawled around the rocks at top speed and was on the path to Crossroads. The missile hit as I passed under the bridge leading from TI Alloys to The Crown.

Putting the Crown between you and the point of launch is not even enough.

As for damage that is true. An insignificant drop in damage for the ability to place that damage with unerring accuracy from distances 10 times longer then any dumb fire could hope to hit. I wouldn't exactly call that a balanced weakness when the potential damage and the real damage favor the lock on heavily to the point that dumbfire is one of the worst options in anything other then 50m
    • Up x 1
  20. Arkha3

Pop flares and run away, stay away from the crown. It has such a high point in the area that it is easy to counter any incoming threats.
    ESF/liberators can be very lethal, and should have a way to be taken down.
    • Up x 1