Oh lawdy oh lawdy will our prayers be answered??

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Canno

Thank you :) I should have used NW3-5 or something... guess I went lazy and just put nw5 since cost wise it really isn't much.
  2. Mhak

I just finished a 30ish killstreak on my sniper from an extremely far range (200m+, and close to infantry render distance for many of the kills) and I think the only people who survived due to NW were 2-3 engis on their turrets.

I just plain disagree that NW is a serious impediment to sniping. All those engi who *thunked* and didn't die after the initial headshot did die after the follow-up shot. NW isn't as commonly used as many people say, and when it is...take a second shot. I fail to see how it's a big deal.
  3. Hoki

Just so for you guys that like to say sniping is a no-skill kill whoring playstyle, most of these were snipers up on a far off ridge on indar.

And for my experienced lightning brosefs, sniping with AP lighting I think is a lot easier than landing headshots with a sniper rifle.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  4. MarkAntony

Great you found a group where almost no one used nanoweave. Good for you.
    Doesn't help me when I try to snipe groups where 50% have it now does it?
    Take a bowl to the beach and fill it up with seawater. No fish in it. Does that mean no fish in the ocean? Or that none of those fish wear nanoweave? But I digress...
    • Up x 1
  5. Granderil

30ish killstreak? pfff, i had more kills in a row even with knife.
    Your weapon accuracy isn't that great, kills per min is low either. I guess u just wait for ppl who stand still like an idiot and ofc most of them are low BR players (example: 5 BR 0,14 KDR), ffs they don't even know about NW existence.
    No offense, but you made unfounded conclusion.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vaphell

and did you bother to check the BRs of the guys you killed? I see only 3 dudes 30+ (inf included so only NW5 would have saved him and i didn't have NW5 at least to BR40) the rest are mostly below 20. I wouldn't be surprised if half of them didn't even have a suit slot filled.
    Try to shoot heavily shuffling, high rank NW, BR50+ dudes at 200m and then come back to tell your story.

Is it possible to strike a gold mine from time to time and farm noobs like there is no tomorrow? Yes. Does that mean there is no issue? No. What happens when you participate in ops against a competent platoon and the **** gets really serious? Suddenly things don't look so pretty, people tank bullets with their face left and right.
    • Up x 2
  7. Hoki

Do you know whats also not a problem?

When they die from the first headshot.

Stop playing this silly "prove you need it" game.
    • Up x 1
  8. TheAnnoyingInfi

I just can't help but wonder who will SOE listen to...

The infiltrator community or everyone else.....
    • Up x 1
  9. MarkAntony

Seeing as "everyone else" is way more people they will listen to them. Like many things recently this change will either be taken back completely or it will be almost meaningless.(like an extra 5-10m OHK range)
    Yeah, I've gone from joy about these news to doubting anything will happen because the noobies want to keep their get out of jail free card. Why? Well because they are already crying about it before anything has been made clear.
    Prove me Wrong SOE.
    • Up x 2
  10. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Oh WHOA 30kill streak :eek: ? !

Also you "plain" disagree it is a serious problem. I bet infiltrator is not your main is it?

When you shoot from large distances only to land 20+ HS while only 3 were kills is sure as hell is "no problem".
    Usually nano people do die and a lot of fights frequent HS no kills are well ...not frequent, but sometimes you get into a situation where more than 50% of shots are nano'd...and from my experience those moments are increasing every week....
  11. Mhak

You prove my point, I usually play an engi, and yet my mediocre sniping has almost no issues with NW. So how the really good ones get bothered by it is beyond me. All I hear from people like you is "abloobloo I want to OHK people from render distances even if they spend certs specifically to counter being OHK, in a game revolving around player versatility in how they want to spec/play their character."

Fantastic analogy, I mean considering this killstreak took place at the Crown in a 3-way fight where a good sniper could probably have made a killstreak as high as every round of ammo he had, it is completely analogous to a bowl at a beach with no fish in it. That, or you just don't know what you're talking about. I'm bad with comparing games to bowls of fish so it could be either.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mhak

That would be a problem if it ever happened. But it doesn't. It's just you grossly exaggerating the state of the game to vainly make a point.
  13. TheAntiFish

This exact thing happened to me yesterday, i'm currently having 3/4 headshots denied.

The problem with being a better sniper than average is that we have much higher expectations, we've adjusted to the class and KNEW our capabilities. The problem is that while you're spending 5 minutes lining up a shot on a stationary eng turret, we've lined up and fired 12 shots at his friends heads while they're running around like lunatics. When we hit those people in the head, they should die.

Really this statement shouldn't be too difficult to understand... But for those who don't have the time to decipher it...
    *SPOILER* The Fish are cloaked.
    • Up x 2
  14. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Yeah right it never happened becase obviously you watch every stream i make and....oh wait i dont stream.

If you played sniper for a long time you'd most likely come across such moments, but obviously getting on a snipe. and getting 30 kills in row makes you MLG ready, you should contact Jax.

Only thing that isnt true was 20 kills, as i dont remember exact number, i stopped counting after 14.
    I was shooting at 270m range to a group of engis using AV turrets.

I had engi near me and i run without extended mag.

Thats 40bullets per run, i loaded up once with batteries - shot a total of 80 shots.
    I'd say 40-50 shots were miss/turret hit and few body hits on medics.

10 were used or so on flankers.
    In all of that, only 3 kills due to fk knows how many "pink" noises.

Ofc for me this was one of kind moment and never repeated to this extreme, yet it happened and its bollox.

So please, before you disregard something because it doesnt fit your experience, think a bit mejt.
  15. Mhak

I have a hard time believing you. First of all, if you check my stats for that KS I mentioned, there are times where I get 5-6 headshots within the same minute. I don't spend 5 minutes lining up shots on stationary targets, I do the average "cloak, check for a target, hold breath, decloak, fire, recloak/back up behind cover while racking a new round, repeat." I may not be as fast as the best snipers but I'm hardly a slow sniper, and you should know that when you're trying your best to remain hidden it' adds a lot of time compared medium-range combat sniping.

On top of that only 5 of all my longshot kills weren't OHK headshots, and some of those were because I missed and hit the body. So when you say 3/4 of your HSs aren't OHK, I just don't believe you. This killstreak of mine was decent but I get them fairly often, and they're all the same. Barely anybody survives a shot to the head, even at huge distances. I don't think I think it's a coincidence, I think you're just exaggerating.
  16. TheAntiFish

I was like you about 3 weeks ago, i rarely saw it in-game and thought people were just whining for no apparent reason. Then my random grace period ended and suddenly NANOWEAVE EVERYWHERE.
    I use the EM4 Longshot.

It'll happen to you too, You'll see.

(P.S. I'm specifically a long range sniper due to CQB FPS issues in large fights, i may encounter it more often than most but it's still a problem, considering sniper rifles are by definition a long range weapon.)
    • Up x 2
  17. Canno

Just a quick glance over your kill streak here...

You killed Painappuru 4 times (that I counted). They're battlerank 16 and unlocked NW3 only after your last kill. Meaning they were running 2 all along. Replace that with NW3-5 and you are down to 26 of your 30.

Nektherial you killed 2 times,BR 16. Might have NW3 (but I doubt based on the classes he plays), let's take away 1 kill here. 25..

GGcantaim you killed twice, BR 15. Unlikely they have NW3-5, remove two kills, 23...

LongLiveTheVS you killed twice, BR 4, Remove 2 kills.. 21

CripsyLoadedPotato (ha! love the name) you killed 3 times, BR 5. Remove 3 kills.. 18

One kill was by Commissioner... 17 kills (since it doesn't factor in to NW3-5 blocking sniper kills)

Again just a quick run through. I've eliminated 13 of your kills because they don't fit the discussion.

Ah heck, let's go deeper.

Maele, BR 10... 16

Sgtoleary BR 30 but in his unlock listit says he unloacked NW1.. 15

ShinShinShin BR 26.. we'll let this one stand..

KeepSlaveryInPlace BR 14... 14 kills

Grimmtale BR 30, Unlocked NW2... 13

Dabozawa711 BR 11... 12...

Daemont3ch BR 8... 11..

GlobalRiskRidge BR20 10...

YouDieNow23 BR35.. give you this one. 10

Sivliegh BR 29 Feeling generous, give you this one too! 10 still

Corban117 BR 4, 9...

RenoAlberto BR 10, 8

OoArikui BR 10, 7

ndby BR 29. Based on what he's bought I'd say no, BUT.. I'll throw you a bone.. Still at 7 kills

AirisValkeri BR 10, 6 kills..

Paphio BR 65. Your only kill above BR35! 6 kills

Aviaks BR 17.. 5 kills

TLDR version: Out of your 30 kills I've eliminated all but 5 (being generous) that MAY be relevant to how NW 3-5 affects one shot headshot kills as it relates to BASR. By your own admission 2 or 3 kills were nixed by NW3-5 engies on turrets. Man, that's almost 50% nanowave blockage! You claim they died on a follow up shot, there's really no way to prove that but you seem to have found players that waited for you to rechamber, line up, fire again. So not only did you hit a jackpot of low BR players to killstreak, you found ones that didn't react to being dropped to near-death. That is a lucky night. :)

In short. Most of your 30 kills have NOTHING to do with nw3-5 and how it affects the sniper's role on the battlefield.
    • Up x 2
  18. Hoki

********. "everyone else" is a tiny but extremely loud group of forum whiners.
  19. Hoki

Jax thinks a 3 kill streak in a max suit is the highest level level of play.
    We're all MLG ready.
  20. Mhak

I'm sorry, but you don't get to invalidate kills just because the person wasn't spec'd into NW, regardless of whether they're low BR or just didn't choose to wear it or just didn't chose to spec into it. In your fantasy world maybe I didn't get those kills, but in practice, I did.

You don't just get to flip math and reality to suit your bias. You can say "Those OHKs didn't happen because X reason" all you want but those OHKs did happen, and that's reality. Feel free to eliminate all my kills, but the score says otherwise, your fantasy where those kills didn't happen is just that. A lot of players aren't high BR. A lot of players don't have NW spec'd into. A lot of players have it but don't have it equipped on their current loadout. The reasons don't matter, in practice hardly anybody survives a shot to the head. Your logic of "but they weren't wearing nanoweave for whatever reason so it doesn't matter" is bullsh!t, it does matter because that's what actually happens. Your theorycrafting means absolutely nothing.