Oh lawdy oh lawdy will our prayers be answered??

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Oct 30, 2013.

1. MajiinBuu

After getting hit, 10 seconds before shield comes back, don't tell me that's not enough time for a follow-up shot.
    I'm more worried about the engineer turret. DON'T TAKE AWAY MY GOD ROCKETS!
    • Up x 1
  2. Darkelfdruid_LOL

you made a remark about me "being spoled brat" due to you assuming all my shots were on flash.
    And all i stated that IN MY PERSONAL OPPINION i feel more fked in the *** when i hear the "blik" noise on a flash than a guy at 70m

I am no where indicating that NW isnt a counter at any range ypu HS a guy and he doesnt die.

And the smg remark; you say NW gets YOU killed at 70m"
    Well, if it Gets YOU killed at that range after pulling off a HS, maybe you should try harder.
    • Up x 1
  3. Get2dachoppa

Sure, if your target is half a mile from the nearest rock or tree for cover. In most cases, a follow up shot is just not an option. For example, you catch an engineer that fell back to repair his tank and put a sniper round in his head from 70m away. Thunk. Nanoweaved. All he has to do is press E and no follow-up shot for you.
    • Up x 1
  4. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Sure if you are shooting from your WG at a guy near xroads.
    • Up x 2
  5. TheAntiFish

God if only infantry rendered at that distance.

Increase infantry render distance now pls soe.
    • Up x 2
  6. Darkelfdruid_LOL

You would never leave WG then....
  7. TheAntiFish

I wouldn't need to <3
    • Up x 1
  8. Darkelfdruid_LOL

I'd just 4th faction you :D
    • Up x 1
  9. Scan

New Nanoweave description: Nanoweave will reflect bullets back to their source for a percentage of damage. 60%/70%/80%/90%/100%.

Now that would be hilarious.

Seems we've been heared.

Now all we can do is wait..... patiently......

ATM I'm doing my waiting whilst playing another game.

(and it looks I no longer need to make a new vid about this, since it will be looked into which is kinda relieving)
  10. MarkAntony

I predict that they will extend the OHK range by 40-50m, if we're lucky, and call it "balanced".
    Or even more likely people will whine so badly that it won't be changed at all.
  11. Get2dachoppa

I expect they'll do something like this. At least it's an improvement over the current situation.
  12. RockPlanetSide2

They really just need to make 1 hit kills the entire distance of an AMP station from furthest tower to tower (whatever that is in nerd meters). That would be enough. I'm not even a proponent of jacking with OHKs, but I would say that would be fair. Inside a base fight (relatively) OHKs should be allowed.

But, you can't just forget Semi-Auto Sniper Rifles either, It should be 2 head, 4 body at the above range as well.

OHKs at max range out in the open as a suppression technique is just a dumb kid idea, and it always will be. ******** and whining about it or not understanding why it is a bad idea is irrelevant.
  13. Scan

It should be upped by 50 meters at the least.

We'd still struggle with NW past 100 meters, but at that range we can afford not getting the OHK, simply because people with carbines, LMG's or Assault Rifles won't be able to instantly kill you, as they do at the 50ish meter marker.

As an added bonus: then people would have a reason to say: "Get closer" :rolleyes:

Having an effective sniping range at 100-120ish meters, up to being able to OHK NW2 and 3 around 150 meters, sounds perfectly acceptable to me, and far from unbalanced.

I might even start enjoying to snipe again.
  14. Scan

I'd estimate that to be around 250ish nerdmeters.

Where do I sign for having this to happen? Coz the range at where we start getting them denails is around 70 meters.
  15. vilehydra

The only problem with NW is not that it's a counter to BA (which is fine IMO) but that it is also a substantial benefit in every other combat situation.

Add a downside to NW, such as damage from explosives sources increased by x% or mobility is lowered.

Something that makes NW good for certain situations, but bad for others. Currently it is the go to, (although I love my ASC and wonky setups)
  16. Sworaven

It was never meant to be a pure counter to snipers. Take a look at the original values of NW. Rank 5 was +125HP, which meant only that rank could stop NW. They doubled it somewhere along the road without changing the tooltip and paid absolutely no attention to how it would affect BASR's. Nanoweave was supposed to let you tank a couple of extra bullets, not completely mess up an entire weapon-category.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sakai

But it isn't fine at all. What nanoweave does is basically countaring the whole class instead of something specific.. What if there were some perk that significantly reduces the effectivness of LA? Or engineer, or heavy assault. Not many people would probably liked it, yes? So why it is ok to counter infiltrator in such a way, that makes him almost useless?
    • Up x 1
  18. MajiinBuu

He's in the warpgate, what're you gonna do?
  19. MajiinBuu

Nanoweave doesn't counter a "whole class." As for reducing effectiveness of certain classes(that often use the same weapons), how would that even work? Would putting on a jetpack or carrying a rocket launcher magically reduce your damage? And using nanoweave doesn't make solo sniper ****** useless. Just pick another target, you have a whole magazine, why would one shot ruin anything?
  20. Sakai

You clearly do not have the same experiance i do. Having shot like 10 guys in the head and killing none of them is pretty much f'ing useless. Yeah, thank god that happens very rarely right now, but if things stay the same i bet more and more would start using nanoweave. And i still don't understand the logic of people saying that it's fine. What you're saying is that it's ok because it doesn't happens very often. What kind of argument is that? I explained earlier that most other FPS's have absolutly no problem with OHK, sometimes not needing even a headshot. In what way PS2 is so different that some people feel entitled to have one? First few months there weren't any counter, only NW5, but practically no one had that, so every headshot was a kill. And surprisingly enough there weren't any outrage on the forums about snipers. Quite the contrary really, snipers from the start were regarded as the least usefull class. It's debatable, but still. So why now some people say that it's ok?
    • Up x 2