Oh lawdy oh lawdy will our prayers be answered??

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Hoki, Oct 30, 2013.

1. OldMaster80

The problem imho is that Nanowave Armor is just one of the options for the Suite Slot but it clearly became THE option. The benefit of being more resistent is clearly bigger than having more speed (Adrenalin Pump), carrying more ammo or grenades and other stuff.
    One way to solve this is making the other options more attractive.

For instance months ago when they started working on the Infiltrator Revamp they mentioned a suite slot to see enemies and explosives behind walls. Gimme that and I mothball my Nanowave immediately.
    • Up x 2
  2. KoS-1

Like I said else where, SoE is going to use it as an excuse to put out new rifles to buy.

I'm not going to buy a new rifle since they lied about the last top-tier rifles and how they suppose to work.
  3. Mhak

I think this is the easiest solution. Make advanced shield capacitor increase shields by 2/4/6/8/10% as well, increase grenade AOE radius by 5/10% with grenade bandolier in addition to carrying more, increase max magazine size or reload speed by 2/4/6/8/10% with ammo belt, ect. There are a lot of things they can do to make the other suit slots more attractive.
  4. Scan

Nope.

The other suitslots have been buffed recently and for what they do are fine.

The decision to have Nanoweave give a health bonus, instead of delivering damage mitigation against other Infantery was one of their worst decision ever in the history of bad decisions in gaming.

Nanoweave needs to be brought on par again with the rest by making it resist a percentage of small arms fire recieved.

Much like flak armor makes you resist a percentage of explosive damage recieved.
    • Up x 2
  5. Littleman

Only two posts in this thread worth a damn.

NW just covers for defense against everything, and lifespans are already either ridiculously short in CQC, or absurdly long in mid-to-long range fighting except where snipers are concerned IF the OHK is possible. Since holding still is the only way to get any true accuracy out of the CoF while ADS shooting at targets beyond 50-60 meters - especially for you NC guys - it's only fair that around that range is when bolt actions start getting sketchy, though they are one shot wonder-kins with a HUGE disadvantage in CQC, so the range should be extended a bit to say 75-85m guaranteed OHK on NW5. Laser pointer guns won't be so effective out to this range, but the guys with fore-grips, compensators, and a good eye or decent scope could still reliably put a lot of rounds into a sniper and quickly.

Finally, the semi-autos exist. If they're completely devalued, and most snipers talk like they're worthless already (they're not, especially the VS semi-autos,) then what's the point of having them in game at all? Semi-autos can more reliably beat NW5 at the expense of being overall worse against unarmored targets and only because they lack the one-shot capability. That's the trade, and that's how it should remain.

But on to the second post: I'm totally in support of this and it is exactly what I've been suggesting in other threads. Improve the other suit slots to be more desirable. Nano-weave is great BECAUSE it affords the player extra life, which is precious, and the rest is just kind of meh because it doesn't immediately improve the odds of victory in an exchange of fire. Increasing the current benefits for those certs at this point would amount to nothing significant, or in ASC's case, possibly make it OP. As much as I'd love a 4 second recharge, I'd be almost unstoppable as a medic. Giving me the same one or two extra bullets NW1 affords (second depends on range and weapon) while reducing recharge time, but not putting it out of OHK range - that's fair. My ammo bandolier making the exchange of magazines faster and more efficient? Brilliant. As a TR, reload times in general ARE an issue I contend with regularly.
  6. Vaphell

I am currently going through the pain of farming with semis. You know what problem i have with them? They are a semi auto equivalent of Bolt Driver and SAS-R, that is craptastic bullet velocity which with significant drop on non-vanu rifles makes 2 precision shots tricky and with suppressor even more. Semis never got their equivalents of LA80 and Longshot.
    Then there is also a problem that as a sniper you face countersnipers a lot. Being stuck in place for 2 shots sucks *** and it will get your head blown off all the time.
  7. Littleman

I can rap off two shots pretty damn quick... the trick is in holding breath during firing (so no using it to line up a shot really) and letting the game recover from the recoil of the first shot for me. Easiest way to land two head shots and they shouldn't even be a second apart. NW5 can't even survive that, minimum of 334 damage x2 dealt twice. That's 1336 damage. If the target lives because I done goofed, I afford to fire a third round and retreat immediately.

But I agree... the velocity and accompanying drop are the real short comings of the weapons. VS removed the worst aspect in the drop, so it's far less painful to line up shots. SOE really should just let the semi-autos have no bullet drop, just to keep things even like they did with the BAs. Make it an additional perk of the semi-autos.
  8. Hoki

I didn't read all the replies but I get the idea that the totally-not-whining NW supporters are totally-not-whining about the whiney-snipers' whines of whines past.
    • Up x 1
  9. MrMurdok

Back when HE guns were still viable, snipers were able to generate kills, because people were wearing flak jackets to protect from the endless HE spam. As of now, with HE nerfed to the ground, Nanoweave is the only viable suit slot and seeing as more health is a direct counter to taking a bullet square in the face.
  10. Vaphell

I get that. The problem is that nervous player sitting on the edge of his chair will move asap and the 2nd bullet will miss. Had plenty of such situations in 2hr span today, some of them were finished by spamming bullets and some were pure fails, my death included.
    I do the same - any dmg that I don't take voluntarily, eg trading fire counting on my win = instant move and I only hear pshhh of missed followup shots
    Among all my now countless deaths caused by snipers I remember only 2 where semi-auto was involved and none of them were due to a particularly spectacular job of the enemy sniper (1. run+decloak right in front of TR 2. stuck in place trying to jump over some rocks and VS spammed me down). The rest were bolt actions.

And semis suck *** when the targets are moving and you want to at least pretend you are sneaky. With BASRs you can try scoring a tricky HS and be done with it, should the NW allow for that, semi-auto pretty much requires spam and spam of glowing tracers = HE'S THERE!
  11. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Darkelfdruid magic you purple bubblegum! :D
    • Up x 2
  12. Littleman

This is coincidentally a common reaction caused by the sheer overabundance of BAs in use, and I get the frustration. The auto-recovery is good for still targets... like those caught behind a destroyed but unrendered wall turret (fix this $#!% SOE.) The first shot is never very hard - and snipers want BAs to always OHK (lawl) the follow up should naturally be harder. Could be made less frustrating with more velocity and less drop though.
  13. Topher

Remodel them to be sidegraded options that do better jobs at a specific task, not just headshots. Take a look at THIS post of mine, you'll see what I'm talking about.
  14. Topher

Actually buddy, 70 meters is the range from which you can actually kill someone with NW3, but beyond 75 meters even my Rams .50 can't kill him, as tested by a dude who plays NC.
  15. Topher

Or you could punch your monitor when they say it's being buffed again. I think my recent post on both the suggestions and infiltrator forums has broken them.
  16. RobotNinja

I assume they're going to debuff nanoweave versus headshots. I play Infiltrator the majority of the time and I don't even feel like nanoweave needs to be debuffed but hell if SOE wants to make things easier for Infs I'll take it.
  17. Lazaruz

Personally I'd settle for Nanoweave 5 being the only upgrade that stops headshots at the current ranges. But time will tell...
    • Up x 3
  18. GumboEU

Ok, they announced that there will be a post covering nanoweave... I'm skeptical.
    I remember a dev talking about an attachment for BASRs that would allow reloader while stying in zoom in exchange for longer reload time, etc. While I think that's not too bad of an idea in general I fear that SOE will go with an "make follow up shots easier" approach than restoring BASRs to the role they deserve: High precision long range killing instruments.
    Also I have found no source for rumours about new sniper rifles (anyone got a source?), but looking back at SOE's practice I do share the fear that they will give (=make us buy) a new sniper rifle so we can "work around" a broken suit upgrade that they won't fix.
    PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG ON THIS, SOE!
    • Up x 1
  19. RobotNinja

I don't need an attachment to sink follow-up shots so that does nothing for me. Enemy infiltrators on the other hand are already massively oblivious, even BR 50+ players, stab-stab all the time.

Good infiltrators don't normally stay exposed long enough in tunnel vision mode for such an attachment to be feasible. Good infiltrators pick their targets wisely, anticipate which enemies will require follow-ups, which way they'll run once you shoot them the first time and don't expose their position unless necessary.

Anyone taking repeated shots in quick succession is going to get noticed very quickly.

So while I would personally pass on such an attachment, I would recommend it enormously to anyone in an opposing faction.
  20. Darkelfdruid_LOL

Doesn't matter, if you manage to re shoot a guy at 70m but fail and die at 75m then deff. Need to try harder...........
    • Up x 1