Official Phoenix Launcher Thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Tekone

Yep. Let's nerf it, again. And whilst we're at it, let's nerf every ******* gun in the PS2 pool down to nothing. Let's normalize all weapon systems (vehicles, weapons, mines, turrets, etc) to the exact same stats. Same RoF, same DPS, same recoil, same movement modifiers, and after all the normalization the only thing different would be skins. That way you ****ers will stop crying NERF NERF NERF NERF NERF!!!! WTFBBQNERF!!!! MYFACTIONDOESN'TGETTHATWEAPON, NEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRFFFFFFF!!!!!!!

******* idiot QQ'er are ruining this game.
    • Up x 3
  2. PlanetClown

These statistics do not lie. You can pull the data out of PS2 using Census API yourself.

NC Phoenix users have the best avg. vehicle kills/hr, the lowest avg. deaths/hr, and still want to keep the extra 4 kills/hr.

Excuse me, are you trying to give the word "balanced" a new definition?
    • Up x 2
  3. PlanetClown

Also look at the hit rate. It looks lower than the other factions' but that is also a misinterpretation.

Don't forget the 4 extra kills/hr. To kill 4 extra infantry/hour, you need to fire 9 more rockets/hr at least, assuming the 44% hit ratio. However, the infantry is certainly a much smaller target to hit. So the hit ratio against the infantry should be much much lower.

Even with this big watering down, the hit ratio of NC Phoenix is just 15-17% lower than the other two factions ESRLs. It means the hit rate of the NC Phoenix vs vehicle should be at the same level as the other two factions' or even better.
  4. madman278

Instead of nerfing the Phoenix just give the Striker the ability to lock-on onto infantry and Max and give the Lancer massive splash damage for infantry kills. I'm sure NC will enjoy the increase infantry killing power of the faction specific launchers, it will be fun after all the NC seem to enjoy sniping infantry with theirs..
  5. ThaPhreak

rage much? take a breath, calm down and read the post again. the numbers don't lie.

you know damn well if the lancer or striker was one hitting squishies and decimating aero/mech. there would be NC nerfherders posting it
  6. Diewoe

Love this post, and the stats show the weakest ESRL is the striker. A veh. only weapon that's killing less veh than the other two. One problem i noticed. The Striker has the lowest Veh kills and kills yet you got it rated #2 out of 3. Was this just a Vanu type mistake lol or what?
  7. Jasondarket

First off, thank you dev team for you're hard work. :)

Because this is a feedback thread aimed to give you guys an idea about what we think, to improve the gameplay, here is what I think:

-Because I aim normal with the mouse, it would be great to fly/aim the rocket normal. When I fly an aircraft, I am in 'aircraft mode' and it makes sense to me to fly inverted. When I am in aiming mode, I point, like on a desktop. Making the immediate switch between these to modes upon firing is super hard. Can the rocket please be guided the same way you aim?

-If it can be shot down, so should all other rockets be able to.

-The entity seems to not line up with the camera. i.e. Someone guides it to an infantry target, but from outside it looks like it is 20m above the target, yet still explodes on the target.

-300m for guidance is good, but I feel it should keep going on course (after loosing guidance at 300m) till 500m or 600m after that, then run out of fuel, and drop. This would also apply to exiting guidance manually.

-Damage buff was great. Thank you.

Keep up the good work guys! It must be difficult to come up with weapons that are so different for each empire, yet still be able to balance them.
  8. Shockwave44

So all vehicles should keep going in the same direction for another 300m, even after you jump out...

What part of "camera guided" didn't you understand? If there is no one operating it, then it should stop.

Just like a vehicle.
  9. insane2170

I like to hide within a shadow and prey on those who assume they are safe to transfer their consciousness within their precious warhead.

They lose their minds, their bodies, and their pride...

-RAMS.50
  10. Jasondarket

lol, you dumb, bro.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shockwave44

Good retort. You spent enough brain cells for one evening.
  12. HadesR

Thats not really true ... A great deal try to drive off or hide behind cover to repair .. The Phoenix in a lot of cases negates said cover , so it's still able to target the driver while still in the vehicle .

90% of my " Infantry " kills with the Nix post-nerf have come from Vehicle/AV turret kills.. Either blowing the MBT up while the driver is in it or while he's repairing it and thus taking him with it ..

Don't forget the OHK on ESF's as well .. If you hit one its pretty much a guaranteed " infantry " kill as well

Also for stat's are AV turrets classed as Vehicles ? They are for render purposes but not sure for kill count ... A lot of kills come from taking out AV turrets and Engi goes with it
  13. SgtBreastroker

As a VS player I say the Phoenix doesn't need another nerf. Just because it has a SLIGHT advantage (higher averages in certain stats) doesn't mean it is OP again.
  14. SolidSnake

Please add an activated burst of speed to the Phoenix so it has a chance against aircraft. You nerfed damage against infantry, fine. So the launcher is only useful against vehicles now. I believe if you allow a small speed increase in the form of a button press kinda like sprint, it would make it more effective against aircraft.

The range on the rocket is low compared to other launchers so it's not like we can shoot down aircraft 500m away.
  15. MuNrOe

16. shadowkhat

only the deci is way more accurate way faster and does way more damage... other than that your spot on...... moron
  17. drNovikov

Professional whiners always have such intended purposes. They want buffs for themselves and nerfs for those who kick their *****.
    • Up x 1
  18. Trickeli

I thought the Phoenix was supposed to be able to be shot down by flak. Well, the AA turret does not work on it. It can't even hit the flipping thing, be it at 200 meters away, or 20.
  19. PS2Freak

So. Phoenix gathering dust here. Are devs thinking tweaking is done or what ???

Notable problems:

- Its low speed makes chasing vehicles difficult.

- Targets that fidget at the last moment can dodge shots, especially approaching from the side. I regularly miss prowlers and ESFs because of short or sudden movements in the last 20-30m before impact. The slow speed actually widens the correction angle needed, and was actually less of a problem when the flight speed was faster.

- Its max range is 300m from the player (based on point to point distance, not travel). If your not cognizant of this when picking targets, its very easy to fall short of a target just before impact.

- The rocket "despawns" completely at the end of the range.

- It can be shot down. The ONLY reason this hasn't become a crippling issue yet is due to rendering problems with the projectiles. With its new slow speed (slower then the default RL), if it rendered correctly all the time, it could easily be shot down before ever getting close to its target.

- Its only "highly effective" against stationary or trapped vehicles.

- The narrow FOV negates a player's ability to plot an intercept course without spot markers (and its still difficult even with them). This is another product of the slow flight speed, since the correction angles needed can get larger then you can turn.

- Doesn't outright kill ESFs. A direct hit will set them on fire with a sliver of health, giving the pilot time to bail out. Given the overall difficulty of hitting an ESF in the first place, its very disappointing.

- Lag can disrupt the flight speed and cause bouncing. Its a side effect of being a "vehicle", where forcible position updates from the server can drag or snap mid-flight. While minor in scale, its gets critically disruptive if your targeting something that can move, or is moving.

- The projectile drops a few degrees between firing and switching to cam control. This is amplified by latency, so you may need to aim slightly higher to avoid it hitting terrain before you gain control.

[copynpaste from starlinvf post]

• The existing missle control is, lacking. I understand the concept but the X/Y axis are not symmetrically balanced, making the thing easy to steer horizontally, and a pain vertically. They should address that.
    • The damage is OK. The real power of the Phoenix is if you can arrange for a few HA's to shoot the Phoenix at targets over hills, then it absolutely SHINES. If you're doing it solo, as was said, the damage is ineffective, and can be easily repaired.
    • The fact that you can't stay crouched while firing, or back out of sighted-in view is problematic. Makes you a sitting duck for far longer than you need to be.
    [copynpaste from NC_Edacyn post]
    • Up x 1
  20. Zaxudih

why the **** does the pheonix do the damage it does compared to the decimator? It does just as much or more and costs the same. why was the decimator created in the first place? ******* rip off. A camera guided rocket should do less damage than the dumb fire