Nvidia 337.50 Beta Release 4/7

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ToastmanPat, Apr 5, 2014.

1. ddraig

okay so I logged into Briggs and crashed within 5 minutes. It does appear to be linked to explosions etc- Briggs was a ghost town when I tested it, so back to the 331 drivers.

Sorry for the big huge cheery report, but it DID work fine for 55 minutes last night .....
  2. LordMondando

Initial findings.

Performance up - fairly significantly, looks like CPU overhead on draw calls is down.

Stability down - right though the floor, lot of crashes on load, no map bug so far though.
  3. Sliced

I have a GTX 480 which supports DX11, however we all know it's an old GPU.
    My wife also plays on a 9800GTX+ which is very old and TBH if this new driver is going to give both machines a boost then I'm all in.
    I will abandon PS2 until the problem is fixed as I would love a boost in my DX11 games.
  4. Aircool

Don't get excited folks, there's nothing in the update notes about the fix and there's no word from SOE on twitter or here in the forums.

I severly doubt that the fix would be in the drivers and not mentioned anywhere - perhaps they'll be in the full release. Beta drivers... that's right, they're beta.
  5. Gammit

Getting ready to read this driver does not fix the isssue...

...what? still waiting...
  6. Ploppy

I'm still stuck on the 332.21.
    337.50 :
    - Still got the black screen on the map
    - Still randomly crash my GC
  7. Posse

Good thing I'm not playing any other game atm, because apparently the performance improvements of these drivers are huge in a lot of games and I'd be mad if I couldn't take advantage of that
  8. Aurcius

Ugh. I need these latest drivers since I'm using a GTX 750 Ti. So does this mean I can't ever play PlanetSide 2 ever again?

What ever will I do with my life?
  9. HotPepperDelivery

Don't tell me NVIDIA is already abandoned PLANETSIDE 2!
  10. JudgeNu

I decided to update mine too the other day and it still is a mess.
    I wonder if its the reason I cant log in or stay on test for more than 5 min.
    Ill probably have to rollback to the 331.82. : /
  11. Feydakin

Getting REAL tired of my display driver resetting every time I open up the map or deploy screen... I guess I should count my blessings that I am not actually crashing as much as many are reporting.
  12. HotPepperDelivery

THE END OF PLANETSIDE 2 IS COMMING, PREPARE YOURSELF! GOD WILL COME AND GET US!
  13. ddraig

I rolled back to 332.21, now shadowplay only records at 60fps, not 30, and if I open the geforce experience control panel a little pop up window pops up asking me to upgrade to the latest geforce (which breaks shadowplay entirely) and there is no option to NOT install the new version. So now I don't open the geforce experience panel, or if I do I have to reboot my system to make it go away.

gah.

At least I got shadowplay working. Eventually. After like 3 hours
  14. Geneaux

Keep in mind guys, just because the drivers don't work for you DO NOT mean they won't work for someone else, regardless of either party's setup. Technology and software has its mysteries...

And on that note, I was told the brief driver blackouts were tied to NVIDIA and they were held responsible for putting out a fix for the issue. Ctrl+f and you won't even find the word 'planet' in the release notes PDF. Misinformed? I haven't yet tested these drivers myself but will later.
  15. sparr

You don;t have it in official release notes, but here https://forums.geforce.com/default/...feedback-thread-4-7-14-/post/4182101/#4182101 you have answer about problem
  16. Eneu

Just rolled back drivers because theese gave me black lag screens almost everytime I opened the map.
    I know theese are beta drivers but the latest WHQL drivers do this aswell.
    Can we get a official Word on what's going on?
    Is anyone working on this problem ?
  17. indian spice

It would seem that I get far fewer black screens with these beta drivers. My fps are at 58-60, up from 55-60 (i use vsync).

My system is an i5-3550@4ghz, gtx 480 OC by 100mhz, with 16gb DDR3@1866. I run most stuff at ultra, with shadows at low, and fog off.

There was a tweet from higby (sorry, no link) saying that directx 11 was in the works, but no eta and nothing on roadmap. I have faith, but reason tells me the result will be like the x64 patch...
  18. TheTickles

19. Munq

This driver does not fix the kernel crash I experience with Planetside 2.
  20. Ploppy

• Up x 1