Nvidia 337.50 Beta Release 4/7

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ToastmanPat, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Jimmie

No change in performance. I still get some blackscreens here and there. How long does SOE need to look into this? Installing an older driver is no real solution.
  2. Mseirco

Dude do what i say and do. STOP play planetside 2 until they fix that ****. At this point, this is the only sad solution because i am tired of stuck whit old drivers. I want news drivers on my computer.
  3. Mianera

4. HotPepperDelivery

Is this driver safe to play planetside 2?
  5. ddraig

nooooooo!!!
  6. Chubzdoomer

I feel the same way. Am I really going to have to stick with old *** drivers once more to make this game behave properly? The folks at SOE realize that many of us play other games, right? This is a very important driver -- one that improves performance in many titles thanks to DirectX optimizations -- so not being able to use it without the black screen crashing in PlanetSide 2 is infuriating. At the end of the day, I have to ask myself: Is it worth playing and subscribing to this game if doing so is going to cost me serious performance in many of my other games due to being stuck with old drivers? As much as I love PlanetSide 2, I can't help but answer that question with a resounding, "No."
    • Up x 2
  7. LinguoFnerlized

Played for ~3hrs on 337, no blackscreen (was getting the 20min blackouts on 335.)

Can't speak for Skyrim improvement, have my Skyrim frames capped @ 100 to keep the animals from floating.
  8. HotPepperDelivery

But is this driver safe for planetside2?
  9. ToastmanPat

Thanks everyone for posting your experiences with this new driver. Unfortunately ManuelG of Nvidia has confirmed that this driver does NOT fix the issues with PS2. They are still working on it, and apparently it's a tough nut to crack I'm afraid. This can be found on the bottom of page 7 on the drivers official feedback thread on the Geforce Forums. Here is his response to a question posted by a user:

u84six said:Hopefully these drivers fix the GPU reset problem while playing Planetside 2. Also, I believe the current drivers borked Metro Last Light. I have that game set to the lowest graphics settings and all I can get is 25 fps at the most and tons of stuttering.

Not fixed yet. A difficult bug to troubleshoot with debug drivers so it is taking sometime.
    • Up x 1
  10. baka

poor experience here -- lockups and black screens. Going back to 332.21.
  11. LinguoFnerlized

Sorry, the ~3hr no blackout was on PS2. So far I haven't had any issues, no noticeable improvement to gameplay, but no crashing/failing/blacking out.

YMMV, though
  12. Octiceps

This new miracle DX11 driver makes it clear: Nvidia is abandoning DX9 games. BF2, Halo 2, and PS2 have all been broken since 334.89 which was months ago.

Time for the rest of the industry to catch up *cough* SOE *ahem*

Next driver branch after this one, R340, will be the last one to support DX10 GPU's before they are moved to legacy status and stop receiving regular driver updates.

Guess it's out with the old and in with the new.
    • Up x 2
  13. Deathsend

Wrong

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-337-50-beta-performance-driver

Scroll down a bit and you'll find:

As with 337.50 Beta’s single-GPU DirectX 11 optimizations, CPU overhead reductions apply globally, benefitting the majority of DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11 games the instant they go on sale. Per-game optimizations will continue to be developed before and after a game’s release, but now every game can potentially see an immediate boost.
  14. Octiceps

Can you provide proof of increases in DX9 games other than Skyrim? ;)
  15. user101

337.50 works on Hossin and Hossin has new warpgates. But 337.50 crashes PS2 when you have big explosions. Yes 337.50 works faster. So I hope PS2 either fixes PS2 to run it ---- or nivida fixes the driver to run PS2. I assume its a physX problem from the way it looks.

Get ready for another big update from SOE....!
  16. HotPepperDelivery

SHi3T JUST GOT REAL AND GET READY FOR 10GB UPDATE FROM SOE!
    • Up x 2
  17. Wobberjockey

this issue seemed to resolve the map screen crashers for me.

that or they simply delay them out past a 3 hr timescale.
  18. Octiceps

19. ddraig

20. Gribbstar

Roughly the same here, 52 minutes or so according the played time on the tab screen before I crashed.