[BUG] No DAMAGE compilation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Finious, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playbizzle

GIGABYTE USERS,

After trying everything this works for me.

1. Default clock speed, Turn off intel turbo boost.
    2. Turn off HPET support in the bios as well.
    2. Make sure your power settings running at full performance.
    3. Make sure any kind of energy savings in windows or bios is turned off.
    4. Run WinTimerTester its a free easy to use utility that checks the cpu timing.
    5. Click start wait till Ratio is solid at 1.000 usualy takes about a minute or two.
    6. Open up a command window and type in this: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restart after you do this only needs to be done once. Switch 5 and 6 dont feel like editing anymore ;)
    7. Launch the game and play.
    8. Also make your you do not have AI software installed like EastyTune 6

9. Not sure if this helped but i also set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread

Do note the Dsync issue is no longer a problem for me and it was so bad before i could not play do to 5-10 min relogs.

Now it still happens but only about once or twice a day in a full day of playing. You will need to exit the game WinTimerTester is still running hit stop, reset, start and give it about a minute to lock back into 1.000 and relaunch the game and thats it. This alows me to get a full day of game play in with 1 or maybe 2 Dsync's.

Hope it works for you good luck! Any question i check back periodically feel free to ask. Been dealing with this hardcore since the merge so i feel your pain.
  2. Bluebullet

"Neuteredmode" and desync harlem shake are related by birthday not workarounds. Timing workarounds does NOT help "Neuteredmode" that is why it is a different problem it DOES NOT show any desync what so ever by itself. Everything runs and looks perfect except you lose any and all about to register damage.
  3. ViperNC

I have killed only 2 people the past month! Stabbing registers, but no bullets! I can sometimes get a turret to work, but this sucks! This started for me after GU03! I just unloaded 16 rockets from a reaver into a stationary scythe and not one ounce of damage!
  4. DrAgonEdd1e13

I have been having this problem for a week or so now, and after trying most things suggested by these forums, disabling the Intel Turbo Boost via the BIOS has fixed the problem... no loss of fps or gameplay quality.

I strongly recommend checking this out.
  5. Thenlar

I have a Gigabyte board and an AMD CPU. So, sadly, there's no Turbo Boost, and when I went into the BIOS settings, I couldn't even find HPET. Ugh.

Been happening since GU02! A full damn month now. I barely play, it's so bad.
  6. Faerrus

This problem has just occurred to me at the end of my last session. No damage with Vanguard after hitting targets for at least 20 minutes. The problem persisted as Infiltrator hitting targets with headshots and body shots resulting in no damage. I am hoping the problem will vanish the next time I login.
  7. meltd0wn

oh It'll vanish alright !

But it may resurface after 10-20 minutes of gameplay.
    I have done pretty much everything about this issue. I have searched through hundreds of forum posts.
    I am tired...
    Please help us SOE. Please.
  8. gilrad

Looks like I'm still getting it.

I'll be back with the next update I guess.
  9. mrfatpockets

Happens all the time for me. Latest was when I just logged in. Got in a turret to defend a base and i probably had 10 shots register.
  10. meltd0wn

still no response from SOE.....

Any word of acknowledgement folks ??
  11. Ash87

Something to try, when you start getting the no-damage bug, pull a bit to your left and keep firing. I had this bug kick in a couple times today when I was in my max suite, it seemed to fix itself after I started shooting a bit more to the left.

Can Anyone Replicate the Same Effect By Using The Above?
  12. d34dly

13. Nakor

It seems like this only happens to me when I am using bursters in a heavily populated area. Usually it only happens after I have been running around for 10-15 minutes but it can happen much more quickly (well before the MAX timer is up). When this bug happens shots appear to be hitting the target (explosions render) but the target almost never takes damage. Maybe one shell in 50 actually does damage. I think it might be that the explosion you see is becoming decoupled from the actual shot which why it is still possible to do damage in some cases.
  14. Sirinox

Got this annoying bug too.
    As it seems to me it occures compleatly random (or i just cant see the pattern behind it) and it realy makes me angry :/
    In the one minute i kill 3 people, in the next i'm not longer able to deal any damage with any class/weapon to enemies or teammates.
    The only thing that helps is to relog, but this cant be the answer!

Never changed anything on my system/bios and i strongly doubt that its a problem of my system-configuration.
  15. Dethonlegs

This bug has gone from every other day to every 2 hours. For me, things seems to go downhill if i'm caught in the middle of a large explosion, ie rocket poding - the audio distorts and the game slows down for a few seconds. 10 mins after that i'm normally fully bugged. I say fully because in the few encounters immediately prior you get the feeling somethings not quite right, although your still doing some damage.

Please acknowledge and fix this really annoying bug.
  16. meltd0wn

Question for all my frustrated brothers and sisters :

Do you have audio crackling too (once this bug kicks in) ?

This is important to figure out the DPC latency.
  17. meltd0wn

Sorry Ash87. Seems like it randomly came and went away for you.
    How many times were you able to "fix" it ? Your little trick did no good for me :(
  18. Ash87

2-3 times.

I recalled a while back there was a bug where my character was for some reason tilted and I had to trail all my shots, So when I noticed I was pointing my crosshairs at the guy and not registering, I just trailed more or shot to the left and it started working.

Someone in my outfit said, when I mentioned my comment, that it might be an issue of lag. How is your ISP?
  19. meltd0wn

I have a ping of 20ms to Briggs....
    I live like 10mins drive from the server.

ISP is telstra ( the biggest in aus)

And what do you mean by "tilting" ?
  20. Ash87

Your character usually stands 90 degrees to an invisible plane underneath the map. The terrain varies beneath you, but your character stands erect 90 deg to that plane. My character at times would stand 45-60 degrees to that plane.

As to the ISP, you've got about what I've got. Just had to check. One of the working theories the outfit I am in is batting around, is that it could be a lag issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.