[BUG] No DAMAGE compilation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Finious, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playbizzle

Yes same thing happens to me sometimes there warping all over the place and i no i will not be able to do damage but sometimes not sometimes everything is perfect but thats the worst then i have to take test shots to see if im not doing damage. Work arounds worked for me but the command promt command drops my fps but my hits register now and no more warping.
  2. meltd0wn

Do you enter the command in the cmd after you're starting facing the bug ? And which command is that ?
  3. PCVeteran

I got the no damage bug a 2 times after visiting the VR. Once while I was healing, and I entered a terminal to stock up. I find I have to log out and back in to fix it.
  4. Kitt75

No damage bug is very strong today after the server reset yesterday - just 2-3 minutes from fresh login before my heavy stopped being able to do damage.

I've tried closing almost every additional program in the task manager before and it really didn't help.
  5. Playbizzle

Yes it didnt work at first until i disabled my HPET support in the bios. Then type in the command restart and try the game, but i recommend using WinTimerTester

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
  6. Kroova

Finally found a fix for my problem.

I disabled TurboBoost by setting my maximum and minimum processor power states to 99% (though I think any value less than 100% would do). After doing that I have not had a single instance of desync/no-dmg.
  7. Synvul

I had this issue with one person today. Only person I could not damage. I think I am likely done with this game. It is too buggy and after joining recruiting squads to hear that flipping is only thing concerned with to get Credits then why play? I wanted to fight not run around and wait for caps. Then today I can't even damage someone that kills me (different locations) and I can't do a thing about it.
  8. jdambrose

I really hope this gets fixed soon, I have to restart my client every hour and a half because my hit detection just vanishes although I dont get the rubber banding issues others have.
  9. n3uro

I get the rubber banding issues all the time, so I just stopped wearing one. :[
  10. SgtPerfect

Yes, hit detection just vanishes every 30 minutes when I am with a large group.

I really liked this game before the merge. The first time that it occurred, I thought it was a hack because it had never happened before. There was not a hint of "weapons don't kill bug" from Beta to the merge. I am not spending any more money on the game until they fix it.
  11. Paperlamp

twice today, once while in a tank that I had driven up to the at the moment not well defending crown

fun losing that many kills and having to drive off and log or die

other time was while sniping and yeah, you think it's your aim at first...then you wonder if they changed bullet drop...
  12. Kitt75

If you are pretty sure you have the no damage bug you can try shooting someone on your own team, if you are away from the action one small hit won't do much to their shields.

I am still finding that my heavy shooting down aircraft gets no damage bug much more quickly than my engineer shooting his rifle.
  13. meltd0wn

It could be just me but I have been noticing that I am getting de-sync issue (entities warping around) when the no-damage bug kicks in. And at rare times, there is little to no de-sync but still the no-damage bug happening.
  14. Playbizzle

After trying everything this works for me.
    1. Default clock speed, Turn off intel turbo boost.
    2. Turn off HPET support in the bios as well.
    2. Make sure your power settings running at full performance.
    3. Make sure any kind of energy savings in windows or bios is turned off.
    4. Run WinTimerTester its a free easy to use utility that checks the cpu timing.
    5. Click start wait till Ratio is solid at 1.000 usualy takes about a minute or two.
    6. Open up a command window and type in this: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true restart after you do this only needs to be done once. Switch 5 and 6 dont feel like editing anymore ;)
    7. Launch the game and play.
    8. Also make your you do not have AI software installed like EastyTune 6 or whatever kind of motherboard you have mine is gygabyte.
    9. Not sure if this helped but i also set power options so that Minimum processor state is 100% as suggested by someone in this thread
    Do note the Dsync issue is no longer a problem for me and it was so bad before i could not play do to 5-10 min relogs.
    Now it still happens but only about once or twice a day in a full day of playing. You will need to exit the game WinTimerTester is still running hit stop, reset, start and give it about a minute to lock back into 1.000 and relaunch the game and thats it. This alows me to get a full day of game play in with 1 or maybe 2 Dsync's.
    Hope it works for you good luck! Any question i check back periodically feel free to ask. Been dealing with this hardcore since the merge so i feel your pain.

Dsync bug is the no damage bug you hit target but doesnt register. Some times everyone is warping all over the place also same bug. This has been happening since patch 2 but most of us didnt get it till the server merge. There are tons of threads in the forums and videos on youtube and yet they still wont reply to any real info if this is gona be fixed. They just keep saying the same thing this is a known issue were working on it let us know if you figured out how to recreate it. And thats all your gonna get out of them. Mind you this has been happening since patch 2 its been months now and nothing. There is over 5,000 views in one thread alone about this and they just refuse to reply to anything about it.

If you ever want to go back to the original buggered up timer that Windows uses then open up a command window and type in this.

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

I did go back to the normal windows mode bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock and still only happening 2 to 3 times a day so you might not have to do this but i had to at first for weeks. Tried it normal after the new patch and seems to be working ok for now so you might want to try both ways. I dont think the patched had anything to due with it. Do note changeing the windows command in step 6 will make your fps drop but at least you will be able to play again. And if you get it working try puting in the command to go back to normal and see if it still works for you. Good Luck
  15. Bluebullet

It really does suck that its still broken for some but I am celebrating because terrible service aside I can finally play like I should be able to after almost 50 days(GU2 Feb 2nd). So good luck hope it doesn't take another month for it to be fixed for everyone. Still expecting every new update to break it for me again.

Also with my gigabyte/AMD combo none of the workarounds every helped(downclocking murdered my fps and only gave me to about half an hour of crap game play) and easytune never existed with my gigabyte MB.
  16. ViperNC

My hits started working a few days ago until the latest update. Now no hits again!!!!!
  17. Carcosa

Well, to say that since it looks like Sony hasn't addressed the issue in 2 months, I am glad I spent the last month away from this game. I regret ever spending money on this game.
  18. Mastachief

This bug is beyond a joke now.

Logged off in rage. Let us know when you have fixed it SOE.
  19. Timithos

My burster Max was not causing any damage against targets (liberators) last night. Damage reticle was not working, and enemies damage meter was not going down. I verified this at close range too. My tracers and flak explosions were rendering. Someone else in my outfit mentioned that flak was not causing damage ( I don't know what they were shooting with, except that it was something other then a Max.)
  20. Otulien

Haven't been seeing my projectiles lately, if that falls under this bug. Seems to do damage just fine, but things like my Light PPA and Maggie don't even the big blue orb.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.