[BUG] No DAMAGE compilation thread

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Finious, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThereIsNoTry

Noticed the bug today too. I was shooting at air which was coming straight at me as Skyguard and my shoots seemed to play the explosion animation but it did not seem like they were doing any damage. Later I had the same issue as HA were my rockets did not do any damage to Sunderers (parked, less then 100 meters away) not doing any damage. When shooting friendlies, for testing purpose of course, I did also not get any hit notification or grief warning but infantry showed the hit-animation when shot at.
  2. Ralekei

Here is a short video of mine displaying this bug in action.
    • Up x 3
  3. Playbizzle

Why are the Devs not responding to any of the post about the dsync/no damage problem this is the biggest problem in the game right now?? This is a serious issue that needs to be a priority one hot fix! I lost my entire outfit over this bug, we are a small 35 man outfit of close friends. A bunch of us our having this dsync/no damage issue, and the ones that aren't stop playing cause there friends cant play.Your losing a lot of players over this bug its a bigger problem then you know. Ticket responces actually tell you to go into your bios and mess with your clock speed! How rediculous is that? Really change your clock speed so you can play the game! What other game have you ever herd of such nonsense .And your still saying you have no clue whats causing this. My bios is set to default what else can i do?? Do i have to buy a new computer and hope it works on that one. I tried command promt and its seems to allow me to play now for more then ten minutes but still the problem occurs way to often. If you ask me you should think about stopping what everyones doing and put everyone to work on this immedietly to come up with atleast a hot fix for now. I put way to much money and time into this game to be getting screwed like this and everyone being completely ignored in all the forum post about this.

And stop asking for steps to reproduce this dsync no damage problem there is no steps it happens all the time no matter what you do infintry, tank, air and so forth
    • Up x 1
  4. Playbizzle

The silence about this issue only makes me think there ignoring this problem and think its not that big a deal and will be evently fixed or maybe not, and thats what worries me. Responses to the community about this is something were all waiting for anything at all would be nice. Do the people this is happening to just quit the game and give up everything they worked for and lose there money invested or should we keep trying to hang in there?? A reassuring response at the very least would be nice but the truth would be alot better. Right now i will take anything but silence
    • Up x 1
  5. †Ashley†

Honestly seems like the servers simply can't handle the merge. Packets are being lost and not processed randomly so sometimes shots simply don't register at all if the server is too busy to process it. Ceres right now is a laggy mess, its unplayable right now and almost empty. Every three seconds there is about 5-10 seconds of disconnections.
  6. Hammerklau

This is attached to everything, including jumping, weapon swapping, console use etc... it's fine when we have ONE person playing in my flat, but if i want all 3 in the flat... we're screwed.
  7. Spartan 117

MAX dead zone still f'cked as ever
  8. ThereIsNoTry

Threw some clips together. Sorry for ****** aim but fraps tanks my fps. Vid shows two issues: hits not registering at all (first clip) and hits registering but not giving any hit indicator and xp (second clip). Also shows the issue is not only related to enemies, also friendlies.

http://www.vidup.de/v/wNDRz/
  9. Ketadine

I think they do not have a clear response to this on how to fix it, but at least a post that they are working on it should be written.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ralekei

• Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

I just had a game trying to defend a control point at a tower base. An enemy cam in the room and I had to shoot him like 4 times with my pump shotgun before he died. The pellets just went straight through him.
  12. ThereIsNoTry

13. Xebov

I have the bug that from time to time my hits register but dont do dmg. I shoot players with my Slug Shotgun 2 or 3 times, the hits register and i die and the player i just shoot at has full health and shield.
  14. Agorash

Would be nice if a SOE staff comes to say.. I don't know.. anything? Even 'Hello, we are working on it. It's a known bug."
    I cannot play more than 30min without suffer this bug.
  15. Bluebullet

NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

This was born on February 2nd with GU2 the server merger may have made it worse but it did not cause it. so please l2r.
  16. Bluebullet

Well they are seperate problems but likely have similar causes since GU2 spawned then. Wasn't aware merger brought it back for some I had it from 2nd-21st and has been fixed since. What makes no sense is this no damage which they had fixed for EVERYONE from the 13th patch to the 21st.
  17. maniajack

18. blcklabel

Not sure if it matters to anyone, but it might help someone fix this issue. What i have found is that after gaining any xp from capturing a control point or being in the area when a base is taken will cause me to do no damage, with the exception of the melee knife attack. When this bug first started happening to me it always seemed like it would happen after i respawned for the 3 or 4 time, since then i have stayed away from bases and have found that the bug doesn't appear for me until i respawn in a base that is being fought over. This may not be the case for everyone having this problem and there may be other details that could be a factor, but as long as everyone is waiting for SOE to find out how to fix this 'game killing bug' you may want to test it out yourself.
  19. Kroova

According to my support ticket, this is a known issue and they are working on a permanent fix.

If you have not already, go ahead and fill out the support form with all the info they ask for. The more info they have, the easier it may be for them to find the root issue/conflict and patch it.
  20. Vachek

Exactly what I get, every 10-30 minutes in the evening. While I used to just stop doing damage I know get the flickering people. I still die from enemies just fine, and it only seems to affect me on Matherson, Watterson and Connery play just fine during the same time period.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.