[nerf] So when is the vanu nightcamo going to get nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vaphell, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Vaphell

is that a healthy position to take, given that taken to the extreme with everybody thinking your way, it would lead to VS dwarfing the other 2 factions combined, killing the game in the process?
  2. MahouFairy

I like the TR uniforms, though I would say the helmet and eyewear suxxs.

Thus I won't complain, because I got what I chose.
  3. Prudentia

none of my fellow VS i talked to ever opposed that change...
  4. Goldmonk

What? Dude, I think trigger delay sucks no matter what faction.
  5. Takara

As a Vanu....all our stuff glows. Welcome to the club :p
  6. Takara

Did you know in the lack of light red appears almost as dark as purple...yea..pretty crazy huh. Infact...so does blue!

The TR honestly have zero complaints their armor is just as effective at night as the VS. Well the NC have some yellow on their uniform honestly I will just not understand this complaint. Rule number one about fighting at night... DON'T LOOK FOR PEOPLE LOOK FOR MOVEMENT!

In this game things that move aren't part of the landscape. So spot it and shoot it. I've never had an issue fighting vanu at night when i'm on my TR or NC. I look for movement, spot and shoot the Doritos. Which is..honestly the same thing I do for the NC and TR as at night things aren't so easy to see anyway.
  7. Akashar

Yeah, especially when no weapon has access to IRNV, you're goddamn right! So OP!
  8. MajiinBuu

I play at below minimum settings, everyone is a blur to me, nobody stands out anymore than anyone else. Night time isn't even that dark :rolleyes:
  9. Vaphell

So against the VS you just have to deal with the fact of being railroaded into certain builds, eg sacrificing hipfire accuracy of SMGs to get that specific ADS mode with a long wind-up time while the reverse doesn't necessarily apply. Is that what you are saying?
  10. Ac3s

I'm with the OP, if its night time I don't even bother to fight vanu anymore, they blend in like chameleons in the background.
  11. Akashar

Do you ADS 30 m away?
    This is BS, check my stats, I have enough playtime as any faction to back up the fact that this complaint is complete BS. Any man from ANY faction can be nearly invisible at night if he uses a suppressor. There's no bias here.

AND USE IRNV FOR GOD'S SAKE
  12. Foxirus

What about the permanent day disadvantage? What about the fact when I run around on Esamir I stick out like a sore thumb even in night fights? Colors are not going to change anything. The fact you guys are even arguing over this is simply begging for them to make camos worse than they already are for everyone.
  13. Izriul

Maybe not you, but whenever the HRB got called overpowered, the delay was mentioned (Don't forget, the Enforcer was almost identical except no delay, faster velocity but drop) and NC would just pull the L2P card. I knew they would whine when they got it, and I've seen numerous people bang on about it. Again, maybe not you and I personally don't mind the delay, it's easy enough to get use to.

Are you sure about that? In fact it would be pretty damn hard to forget all the threads on it. MANY MANY people HATED the change. Now, I PERSONALLY wouldn't have minded a nerf, at all. The problem I had with it was they changed it into a COMPLETELY different weapon, one which I did not pay for. Again, I expect nerfs and buffs to happen, that's not the problem, just like if I buy an apple I sometimes expect it to be a bit bruised. I don't however, expect my apple to turn into a banana. Many people complained about that, while others complained about it getting "nerfed" (It depends how you look at it, it was against infantry (and rightly so) and it lost it's burst value but gained DPS (if controlled). The same thing can be applied to NC since the enforcer changed also. I actually remember being the only one who liked the new HRB over the old.
  14. Prudentia

thats exactly what i said...
    you claimed that Trigger delay is horrible and put the Saron 1.5 as an example of hypocricy from VS players, claiming that they they are ok with the Railjack having it, but wouldn't want it on their Saron again to which i replied that many people liked the old trigger delay mechanic over the burst variant. also they did not nerf the AI capability of the Saron with the change from 1.5 to 2.0 (delay->burst). instead, they kept the Ai capability... per shot... so the 3 days after the change we VS spent our time in Sarons shoting into Infantry clumps getting 6+kills per mag... the AI nerf came on day 4 turning it into the Saron 2.5. well and now we are approaching the Saron 3.0, which will then either be nerfed due to it overperforming into the Saron 3.5 or it'll underperform and stay the Saron 3.0. tough considering that the devs stated numerous times that after the Harrasser and ZOE incidents, they want to release new stuff underpowered and then buff it up from there, i expect all changed ES vehicles seconderies to be underpowered and then forgotten.
  15. Izriul

No I didn't.

I implied that the NC said L2P when VS had it, and now whine when they have it.

Try to keep up.
  16. Prudentia

:oops: your NC profile picture confused me. i should probably take a break of the internet, i'm starting to see the worst in humans again... well i guess a positive is that i still try to see the human behind the keyboard atm :eek:
  17. Izriul

Wrong again, I'm a racoon with thumbs.

Still, I was being sarcastic but I guess that doesn't always work via text. I just think it's a big dose of irony for NC after the amount of complaints they did against the HRB, especially when the Enforcer was practically identical, even ever so slightly better (slightly being key word) and quickly told VS to deal with it. The whine when they get it (and as I said, that wasn't specifically pointed at goldmonk, more a general sense)
  18. Majorpaynekills

Lool i have a flash kill but how do i post it that how you have it
  19. Prudentia

:eek:
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

you're either trying to pretend to be intellectually superior than most of us, or you're trying to be funny. that's ok in my eyes. then again, most people tend to react with pure sarcasm (which apparently you dont like) because this thread has run its course! we understood that you hate vanu at night but that doesn't make you automatically right.

not to mention, you're blatantly ignoring the fact that dark camo has downsides in bright daylight: easier to spot dark shapes against bright environment, easier to recognize from miles away, easier to track while moving. however, you still act like vanu have some supersuit on default that lets them insta-own TR/NC like no tomorrow. meanwhile, all people here are basically trying to tell you that you're pretty much exaggerating the whole issue of the so called night camo. and people give you the hint to improve yourself first (by being more vigilant, using hsnv, or turning up gamma) before crying here. but you keep ignoring all these things to continue your way in order to turn vanu into a burning torch on the battlefield.

at this point, a mod may pretty much close this thread because you wont give in, no matter what. and with a mindset like you have, proper discussion is not possible, period. i'd love to discuss pros and cons of these things but you appear to be focussed on "OMG NURF VANOO DARK CAMUU UNFAYR I CANT ZEE" so much that it is a waste of time to be replying to you. have fun keeping this thread alive though, i give you another three pages.
    • Up x 2