[nerf] So when is the vanu nightcamo going to get nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vaphell, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Pfundi

Well when youre wearing dark camo everyone thinks you are VS. And everyone hates VS :p
  2. Goldmonk

Even Papa Vanu hates the VS.
  3. Hatesphere

no, hes just disappointed that they failed themselves.
    • Up x 2
  4. Pfundi

Thats kind of sad... Poor pink babies... NC is there to annoy you even more!
  5. zombielores

There are 2 sides to the argument.

The Vanu side, people think it's fine because of a few reasons, most common ones being Q-spot, purchasable camos, Vanu's teal, or weapon muzzle flash.

Then there's the non-Vanu side saying Vanu camo by default being darker is unfair and how it makes VS harder to fight during certain background or time settings, also better camo coverage (up until a patch a month or 2 ago). Or the models and how VS can look very similar to the other factions with the right camo/cosmetic setup and the other 2 faction have very easily recognized models (mainly the giant NC engie bag)

The main complaint is that NC'S blue/yellow or TR's red don't blend as well as the VS' s ''purple'' (the purple so dark you have to look closely to notice the purple tints.) especially since the game does dynamic scaling (whatever the name for it is) where it down scales textures the further away you are from a target so small secondary colours (teal and yellow) that aren't big are pretty non-existent so you mainly see the blue, red, or dark purple.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yuki10

yes, all dark and non faction specific camos should be redone. Right now telling one form the other sometimes is impossible. I think all should have at least a glowing helmet in the color of the faction
  7. CorporationUSA

Obviously one side shouldn't have an advantage at night due to their camo(unless the game is balanced around that). I'm convinced that the people downplaying couldn't balance a game to save their lives. Or maybe they are VS players...
  8. Shockwave44

And it's harder to see the NC and TR during the day while the VS stick out. Stop complaining.
  9. PandaTheGreen

Winston Churchill: ''Mommy, the ***** have black uniforms. I can't see them at night! Please force Hitler to nerf it! :c''
    • Up x 3
  10. BlueSkies

Debatable for NC as it cuts down on the TKing a bit ;)
    • Up x 1
  11. Bonom Denej

Quoting this for truth and for more visibility (see what I did there?). Bill Yeatts is going the darker way for everybody and will force a more UI based IFF which is the only way it can works considering how many camo we have access to.
  12. PrimePriest

Comparing silly videogame to real life war.
    You just went full retärd m8.
  13. NinjaTurtle

Vanu are fine

Use eyes, mini map, spotting, sound etc Vanu are no harder to see
  14. Bonom Denej

By not understanding sarcasm and the ridicule of the situation, it might just be you who went full ****** dude.
    • Up x 4
  15. Crayv

A little bit up close compared to the others but as you can see doesn't blend in at all

[IMG]

A kinda hard to see because of where and the time of day and they are quite a bit further but you can mostly make them out

[IMG]

If he was a little bit more to the side he would have blended right in

[IMG]

The bright sky really makes him stand out but then again I don't think anyone would have really blended in. If he were with the rocks he would have been WAY harder to see so the daytime argument doesn't really hold.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. MahouFairy

I see only a red plant that grows in abundance in Hossin. xD
    • Up x 4
  17. BaronX13

Oh man, are you guys serious with this camo thing? What has it been, 2 years? It's not like NC and TR are just getting stomped around the map cause of camo, c'cmon. Yeah, every faction has had their OP time of the year or UP time of the year, let's not turn this into a "Well you had a strong thing for 6 months," or "Well we had a nerfed toy for a year," conversation. But seriously, camo?

1.) Way more important things to worry about then camo even if it was a bit unbalanced.
    2.) It isn't unbalanced, plain and simple. It really isn't, put up as many pictures as you want, show whatever proof of a color pallet you want, use all the information you learned in art class, it just isn't unbalanced anymore. If countless other NC and TR have no problem finding VS to shoot, then you can too. It isn't like VS is turning invisible the second night falls on Auraxis.
    *Sidenote: Let's not forget that an ENORMOUS portion of the players don't even USE the default camo...
    3.) The NC and TR default camo has its uses as well, I mean if there was even MAYBE one that could use some toning down, it would be the yellow for NC. And truthfully, even that doesn't matter.
    4.) Most Veteran players will acquire targets by armor shape, not color. While new players are a large portion of the player-base and actually do use colors to pick targets, the colors aren't so skewed at night that they can't even play. Also, doritos...just saying.
    5.) ...just...c'mon...camo...really? I can't even wrap my head around it @.@

Truth is, default camo (read: any camo) doesn't matter. VS could be neon pink, the kills per faction would stay about the same, no change, promise. Think I'm lying? When they toned down the color in TR and NC the kills for their factions didn't jump up. When they added the bright teal to VS, the kills for the faction didn't plummet. Don't you get it? It just plain doesn't matter. NC could be periwinkle blue with Christmas light hats, TR could be bright lipstick red with a flashing neon sign head, and VS could be the brightest pink you ever saw with glow in the dark butt-cheeks and the kills per faction wouldn't move...at all. Promise. If camo mattered tactically...at all...then all this auraxium plating, lumifiber, holographic armor/decals/stuff would not be used even HALF as much as it is now. The main reason people use it? CAUSE IT DOESN'T MATTER.

What is the point of arguing something as ...well...stupid... as camo, when almost every player in the game is wearing a decal/trim/other camo that directly goes against "being hard to see." And I mean the OP too. I dare him/her to truthfully say they don't use a decal, or any trim, any auraxium weapons or plating, any flashier camo, etc. There isn't a player in this GAME who doesn't have something on that would basically make any super tiny insignificant advantage of default camo null and void.
  18. Vaphell

yes, camo. Somehow i don't have a problem eyeballing my tactical situation against TR but whenever it's VS for every fabulous BR100 in neon cyan you can see you have 4 f2p dudes of which you missed 2 and are now **** outta luck because you thought you saw 3 guys during that fraction of second you took to look around but there are 5.

poor argument. More serious problems don't invalidate less serious ones. Also i don't play the game to lose my sight by straining it to notice a slightly different shade of black.

so screenshot don't matter and i should just trust your word... based on what exactly?

if ENORMOUS portion of the players didn't use the default camo the game and the ex-SOE wouldn't be in financial problems. Also even if f2p players are 'merely' 50%, then that's every other dude in a camo that's a ***** to see at night. Also even if someone has camo, doesn't mean they have a neon one. If it comes in the same vanu colors with the same coverage it's as good as default.

But it does. Juicy blue/yellow and juicy red are not going to truly disappear anywhere.

YOU HAVE TO NOTICE IT FIRST IN ORDER TO IDENTIFY IT. Do you think i compain about colors because i can't figure out shape?
    If it's near black and sitting in a dark corner at night you don't see any shape nor anything else. And how are you going to get your dorito, hm?

Try harder then.

When VS will be neon pink, the complaint will be null and void. As things are looking now, it's a pita to fight vanu at night and i have a comparison because i don't have similar problems with TR as i can always notice hints of red all over the place. Also i don't care that you set your gamma to max for that 1337 mlg ready feel.

i hope you have some stats to support your notion that nobody uses default camos.

So if according to you camos don't matter, does that mean nobody would mind turning vanu into 50% juicy purple/50% juicy cyan and you are a contrarian just because?
  19. Prudentia

i think it's pretty hard to get anymore biased than this... lets take a look at each picture
    i don't know about you, but that Light Assault looks like he can hide in pretty much anything that is grey. you know, rocks, buildings, dirt, etc, etc, etc. TR Infil may be just a tad bit to completly red i have to admit tough
    that guy has almost the exact color of the ground, how is that not fitting in perfectly? i thought VS had OP night camo because the purple was so similar to many dark spots?
    of course he would, you wouldn't be able to see him at all if he took one step left or right... because he would be behind the wall then...
    if the best picture you can find for VS blending into their environment is one that is completly washed out by the renderrange at a guy inside a building who isn't even rendering camo anymore, than i think the solution to the problem is just shoting him instead of running to the forums to complain...

and another picture at a range where camo doesn't render anymore... you really aren't trying that hard are you?
  20. maxkeiser

For the love of god, OP, please stop the whining.

The Vanu camo has already gone through major revision (basically being ruined in the process). The TR/NC are also due to have their camo/base colours toned down to feature more grey etc.

Stop calling for nerfs. Instead call for NC/TR to be made equal.

None of it really matters anyway. It's easy to spot people in this game. Everyone dies the same.
    • Up x 2