[nerf] So when is the vanu nightcamo going to get nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vaphell, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Vaphell

And what did that revision change when it comes to visibility in low light conditions? Jack and ****. They still have a palette that's not offending the eye which is a factor in how easy is to see them at a glance and a glance is usually the most you can get to evaluate your situation without being shot in the face.
    Also i don't care what's on PTS but that's at least is a partial answer to the stated question "There is a sort of unification in the pipeline, will hit live Soon TM, hopefully"

The difference is purely semantic. Buff to NC/TR is a de facto nerf to VS.

Isn't that your subjective opinion?
  2. Crayv

The bit of red would still stand out since there are not really any buildings with the color red.

That is pretty much the only faction/continent combo that isn't VS that works. It can help with buildings, well until you are fighting inside them where the blue, yellow, and dark boots are rather visible

Even at that range the others would blended in less than that due to having both bright and dark splotches or a bit of red to make them stand out. Moving over a bit to the side, as in standing along the far edge of the window and not dead in the center and he would have blended in with the dark edge along the window frame. Then there are parts of bases that use a dark metal color rather than the light grey we see there.

The not camo rendering doens't actually help since the default look would make the other 2 factions stand out. The VS that is flying however.... if he were on the ground on the rocks he would have blended more like the 3 other VS in the picture.
  3. Arsonix

Take away the lite-brite guns and you can have no more night camo.
    • Up x 2
  4. entrailsgalore

Seems like a fair trade off.
  5. htmlboss

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. BaronX13

Just make our camo the brightest color you can, I don't even care anymore. You just can't please some people. Instead of thinking like a rational human they'd rather flip out and just be a joke. Just make vanu pink so we don't have to hear this constant whine like a dying car engine all the time. Same goes for any whining about other factions. Just make it stop. At the end of the day, I'll still kill as many enemies as I do, pink or not. As for the Op, smooth move on the gamma l337 mlg comment. One, I play on medium settings, two I play on default medium settings, three I'm not l337 or mlg. Thanks for the flattery, if it was from someone more reasonable I might actually take it as a compliment.
  7. Prudentia

NOOOO!
    I payed money for tech camo to look fabulous, i don't want it to become default camo :eek:
  8. Vaphell

Rationals human would also understand that blatant disparity in camo quality across factions is an inherently unfair, gameplay affecting issue outside of strict game rules. Fundamental fairness is important in games, mmkey?
    Instead I mostly see sarcastic posts stemming from a superiority complex or whatever as if sarcasm was a valid argument. Let's not discuss facts/pros/cons, it's better to cut to the chase and to get straight to dank memes - the best one wins.

Why be fundamentally against by default? Is that because it's easier to defend status quo or what? Is balanced camo a skin off your nose? Either the camo is concealment and everybody gets that treatment, or it's to display juicy faction colors, blatant to similar degree and again, everybody gets that treatment. It's not difficult to understand.

i said 1337 mlg ready feel not skeell, you could be just an aspiring tryhard for example, trying to taste the glory :p
  9. Mythologicus

First and foremost, you're asking for the VS to be made to look like **** instead of asking the brightness of the other two factions to be toned down. Toning down the other two won't make them look like junk. Blowing the VS up to comical levels will. This is the single most fundamental point when it comes to achieving fairness.

Secondly, PS2 is a game about movement. If you aren't moving, you get sniped. However this simultaneously means that anything that moves is a valid target, which is fine as long as you understand where your teammates are and can react fast enough at a brief glance. Now being able to identify at a glance may sound like it's still biased towards the VS - it isn't. If it's dark and moving and Q makes you yell, shoot it. If this is too much work, then...check for a (blue) triangle that denotes a friendly. If it doesn't have one, shoot it. Or shoot it anyway, if you're ADK. Stationary hostiles can be inconspicuous enough at first almost regardless of what they look like, but the careful player will spot the hell out of every inch of space which means the enemy will be highlighted sooner or later (especially since you can spot people through walls and terrain anyways, yay buggy raycasts).

Thirdly, to expand on my second point, at the close ranges that the majority of engagements occur, it doesn't matter whether you see the person camping in the corner or not. That person will be expecting you, and if they know you're coming you will lose every time whether they're glowing like a Christmas tree or not.
  10. Meeka

I think, a lot of the "Vanu are impossible to see at night" may come from monitors which have their settings too dark.

Calibrate that stuff, man!
  11. AlterEgo

RIP: Lasher.
    RIP: Magrider.
    RIP: ZOE.
    RIP: Saron.
    RIP: PPA.
    RIP: Camos... ???

Really? Well, if that's the case:

Nerf the MCG.
    Nerf the Prowler.
    Nerf Pounders.
    Nerf the Vulcan.
    Nerf the Marauder.
    Nerf the Jestapo hat.

Notice that NC are fine.
  12. Foxirus

So by your logic should I hate NC because we don't get a OHKO sniper starting out? Its dark enough to where color does not matter, You are going to have a hard time seeing anyone, We are actually more visible if anything because of all the light sources on our weapons. Top that off with the fact you can always buy other camos to make yourself just as dark.
    • Up x 1
  13. MahouFairy

How dare you disrespect your own uniform and adore another empire's?
  14. Moonheart

I am the only one VS that could not care less if our camo was "nerfed" ?

I use that shiny anniversary camo, and I have not got a lower D/K ratio since I do.
    Seriously, NC/TR people like to whine about things that don't truly matter at all... so, yes, nerf it. Happyly trading this for less TR/NC whine.
  15. Vaphell

No, i am not asking for anything specific (feel free to cite me) only that the VS cease to be out of line and that we apply the logic (whether it is to be camo=faction colors or camo=concealment) consistently. Neon purple/neon cyan (assuming you are speaking of that) was just an example of an over the top suggestion which, according to logic exhibited here by many, should be perfectly acceptable to people who claim they have absolutely zero problems seeing **** at night and that camo just doesn't matter, L2SeeBlackOnBlack.

While generally true, that's not the case at night. Mech/air maybe but snipers dont have farmvision unlocks on their boomsticks. If in given circumstances it's hard to make heads or tails of things at 30 or 50m at night, it's going to be even harder at 100+ when atmospheric effects washing out minute color differences in the near black spectrum even further kick in. I should know, i did my fair share of sniping in PS2. Hell, sometimes you don't see your own scope crosshair because it's a thin 1px black line against very dark/black scenery.

Not necessarily. There is plenty of chaos and ad hoc decisions at play in your average battle. Like i said before, very often you can only afford a glance or 2 to evaluate your tactical situation, and when fighting vanu, the info you are going to get in these fractions of a second is going to be more falsey more often. Imo that leads to a constant tactical advantage, even if subtle on paper.
  16. Vaphell

You do, you just need to answer few questions. Also the cost of few hours of work to get 100c doesn't justify permanent night advantage for years.

No you aren't and i am speaking from experience. TR are just so much easier to see. If i see disco more often than not it means it's already too late. I'd rather not see one faction get initiative for free against the other 2.
    Btw, is this a "Shell out to get on our level scrub" p2w argument?
  17. Valok

As a player who plays all 3 factions I have to say - Vanu camo is no more harder to see than the other factions at night, I've been killed by enemies I did not spot in the dark by all my characters in equal proportion. If however you are having problems for some reason HS/NV and/or Brightness in the options menu are there to solve said problem, there's just no excuse really.

By the way here's how I roll on my Vanu.
    [IMG]

Fabulous.
  18. MahouFairy

You mean you didn't see which team uniform looks more practical or nicer before creating one? :eek:
  19. Izriul

Yeah, I think the Old HRB Saron should come back, since you know, that had trigger delay. Right?

Oh, it's "different" when it's another faction.
  20. Onhil

I'm pretty sure in 98% of the cases thats where the problem originates from.

I can easily see stock Vanu at night on Hossin next to a mountain just as easily as I can see the other factions maybe even better because most Vanu weapons have shiny things on them.

And for other peoples info i have ingame gamma at .20