My first ever MAX event! :D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Campagne

War is hell. PS2 is a video game. There is a slight difference between the two. :p As always players should be free to play the ways they want to without being forced into certain roles for minor or arbitrary reasons.

People can pull MAXes at any time they wish, provided they have the nanites. Some players already practically chain-pull them now as is, there is effectively nothing stopping players from doing so at any given point in time if all they want is to play MAX. I absolutely can say so, because MAXes are still infinitely revivable and if they go about six minutes or so without boosts they'll be able to pull another right off the back of the previous.

Therefore, C4 is only effective against shotgun MAXes. :p But regardless, again Quartz Ridge is a very open base with little cover or compact areas. Staying a distance away allows the TR MAX to spam Mercies and become effectively immune to C4 through sheer distance and opposition. Cannot sneak across open ground as a non-infiltrator and in a large fight there are far too many enemies to go around.

I'm going to need a citation on that one chief. MAX resistance modifier to infantry small arms is reading 80% like it has since forever. This is not "extremely vulnerable."

It doesn't take a full clip from point blank with 100% accuracy. Even then it takes so long the MAX could just beat the shooter to death if for some reason he didn't bother to just use his 0.XY TTK double MGs to blow him away.

"Accuracies" mean the accuracy of shots fired. At a distance just holding down the trigger will result in excessive bloom and missed shots. ARs aren't magically better guns for no reason and often have very similar stats as their LMG or carbine counterparts.

200% damage is correct in a sense, but the small arms resistance does absolutely apply to headshots on MAXes. You're looking at 200% extra damage applied to the same 80% resistance. If they had no resistance a SAW would kill a MAX in six headshots. This is obviously not true. Go test this in the VR.

They also have a terrible DPS and are not strong enough to actually kill a competent opponent at range.

I have said many many times in this forum I don't like MAXes and I don't play MAXes. I have even said so in this thread. However as per usual I don't need anecdotal personal experiences to know how thins work. "In fact, theory taught me more than I could have even learned from doing it in practice. Savvy?" --Me

How can I kill people if I can't ever be shot? :rolleyes: It's not like this game revolves around a series of 1v1s or anything...

Any kind of sustained fire requires a sustained time frame. Why is that hard to see? If I stand and shoot for 30 seconds to kill a distant MAX blocking almost all of my damage I will be a very easy vulnerable target for both the MAX and every enemy in the area. The MAX is more than able to break line of sight when his health starts to drop too.

Hilariously, now that everyone can just respawn in 5s medics are becoming very useless in a lot of situations, so I was more or less just finishing up an aurax on my gun at that point. :p
  2. pnkdth

This is a large part why I've stopped listening to you... Wait, did you just quote yourself to make your own point? I just cringed into orbit. I mean, I knew you held yourself in comically high regard but this is just amazing. This is like watching hubris being made flesh.
    • Up x 2
  3. Campagne

I quote myself to demonstrate a consistency in position. This shows I don't just flipflop around as things change or come up and that because I've held these positions for a long time I know them and the arguments for both sides very well.

It also has the fun little side effect of showing I've had this same discussion before. :p
  4. TRspy007

So nanites regenerate fast enough for people to chain pull MAXes, but not fast enough for you to have C4 to deal with them???????????????????????

You try to help the dude, all he replies quoting himself is the same pathetic nonsense. This dude just said armor resistance applies to headshots. That says it all.

Man claimed you could chain pull MAXes and main MAX already if you want, then proceeds to calculate there's 6 minutes before you regenerate enough nanites to pull one.

Adding more emojis to your posts and quoting yourself doesn't change the fact you haven't been able to formulate a proper, logically reasoned argument yet. It's time for me to give up trying to enlighten you with common sense, keep on crying MAX OP MAX OP every time you see one.

Good day gay,
  5. TRspy007

Man just read a bit of what he says and sense your brain cells fade away. Man contradicted himself a million times and has no solid argument.

Can you believe this guy said armor resistance applies to headshots??

He's deluded
  6. Campagne

You say I'm stupid yet you quote the wrong person.

Strawman, yey. Regens fast enough to chain-pull MAXes, and because C4 is a single-use consumable item it can run out much faster than something with a potentially unlimited usage. The two are separate things and you're falsely conflating the two to make an argument.

I really hope you're just joking, but if you're somehow serious just shoot a MAX in the VR six times the face with a SAW and when he doesn't die ask yourself why that might be.

No calculations were made, just a rough guess. Stay alive for more than just a few minutes and the cost will be recuperated. Given the user doesn't even need to live the whole time with revives that just gets easier.

"Emojis?" Bleh. They're called "smilies" scrub. They exist to convey emotion which can be difficult to interpret through text alone. Just ask pnkth, who has once again assumed the intent of my language and failed to receive the correct tone.

As always if I have contradicted myself you will have no issues showing an example of this, and if my arguments were faulty you'd have no trouble refuting them. Instead, once again they are just blatantly ignored while everyone attacks my character rather than admit the reality of things.

Fite me scrub. I'll cut you I swear on me mum. Debate me in the ring. Do you even type?
  7. LodeTria

For MAXes, it does. It takes 25 Gauss SAW headshots to kill a max. You still get the double damage, but it is then effected by the maxes natural small arms resistance. You can test this yourself in VR if you wish to.
    • Up x 3
  8. TRspy007

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Vehicle_armor_and_damage_resistance

There interpret that and choose you way of dealing with MAXes.

A MAX has so short of a lifespan you can compare it to a consumable. I'd really like to see which solo MAX is able to last more than 2 seconds in a fight without being shredded.

But if you want, I'll compare it to vehicles then. By your logic, we should be able to main vehicles, since theoretically they fit the same category as a MAX. You said it yourself, quartz has little to no cover, so might as well grab your reaver and lol pod the **** out of anything that moves. You can live infinitely in your reaver and respawn it no problem if by some miracle you were killed right??

mongoloid
  9. TRspy007

Odd, they must have changed it cuz I'm pretty sure I remember times it did. Either way they still die stupidly fast which is prolly why I didn't even notice.

25 headshots from the Gauss is a quarter of the mag, and it'd be 50 non headshots to kill the MAX. Pretty ******* doable to me, especially if you hit him with a rocket or AV nade first. Considering the fact that the MAX usually has multiple people shooting at it, 50 shots to kill is not a lot, and it's under a mag as I said.
  10. LodeTria

I beleive it's always been that way for maxes. It is one of the very few things that do effect headshots. The only other things that do are HA resist shields & infiltraitor Nano-Armour Cloaking (only while cloaked).

Keep in mind it is 50 shots at less than 10 meters, which if the max isn't being a wolly brain can very easily fight back. Though I agree maxes aren't some god-like mega kill machine. I do wish AV nades were more reliable cus half the time they just phase right through rather than sticking to them.
    • Up x 2
  11. Exileant

:mad: THE EV-I-DENCE... BE-FORE THE COURT-IS.... IN-CON-TROVERT-IBLE; THERE'S NO-NEED-FOR-THE-JU-RY-TO-RETIRE!!!!!
  12. Exileant

;) Don't worry about him, he is just bitter over me shattering him in just about every debate we have had. :eek: Trust me, if you start with the page long responses with that one, be prepared to go the distance, because if there is one thing he is, it is persistent... :confused: He can go on for weeks. The only way to stop him is to challenge him, and then he will come up with any and all excuses not to fight you... :p I am still waiting on this so-called monster character and ability he has in Destiny 2 to be displayed before me. Hahahaha! I get a pass because I am right. :D Hahahahaha!!!! Well done on the response however.
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

dammit! whenever i get that song stuck in my head it takes days to get it out! it drives me craaaaaaaazy!
  14. Crash Bandicoot

You have to admit that you are in the wrong here. I am talking about this specifically.

MAXes do have default small arms resistance and while it is doable to kill one, it's not as easy as you present it to be. And the proper way to do it as a heavy assault is not with an LMG alone even if that is a SAW. You have to shoot him with a Decimator first if you actually want to go for a kill and it always depends on the situation concerning on what exactly you are gonna do next. Most of the times you will manage to scare the MAX off and you have to keep the right distance and movement making sure you can cover yourself. The MAX won't be able to inflict much damage but he can take a lot more than you while you damage him severely and he will eventually run away because if he insists being in such a disadvantageous position, he is gone. Of course, there might be some occasions where he won't be able to escape even though it is rare.
  15. Campagne

How many times can different people tell you you're wrong before you understand it? This is the importance of verifying one's own claim rather than just asserting it repeatedly.

No, that's just wrong. A consumable is a single-use item that disappears from the player's inventory when used forever and more must be bought. These are things like grenades and mines, which leave the player's inventory and enter the world. Once they're out there they're gone, which is quite unlike MAXes and vehicles which can be used forever until they are killed (and not revived in the case of MAXes) or destroyed. And of course lifespan is irrelevant, can be greatly increased by not being stupid, and does not limit a MAX.

Yes, vehicle-mains absolutely do exist. That's not exactly controversial. I absolutely could pull a Reaver and just spam the ever-loving **** out of everyone in the base repeatedly forever. If anything it'd be easy given how stupidly effective ESFs and air in general is at escaping from ground threats even en masse.

I could, but I won't because unlike the players spamming MAXes I frown upon enjoyment at the expense of others and no one enjoys being instagibbed by air.

That's actually racist. Like, for real. Don't do that.

Man for **** sakes learn some decency and cut down quotes to not take up half a page. :p
  16. TRspy007

Yo, Pierre You wanna come out here?
    In New York I Milly Rock, hide it in my sock
    Running from an opp, then I shoot at opp
    And I'm on the block, and I'm on the block
    Hide in my sock, selling that rerock
    Used to sell rerock, running from the cops
    Shooting at the opps
    Yo, Pierre You wanna come out here?
    Shooting at the opps, cause I run they block
    Gimme top top, in my drop top
    All these hoes gon' flock flock, when I drop drop
    All these hoes gon' flock flock, when I drop drop
    All these hoes gon' flock flock, when I drop
    Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo! Woo!
    All these hoes want cash, all these hoes want bags
    ******* on yo *****, uh I'm her dad
    All these ****** sound like cash, sound like cash
    I'm a soldier, damn I thought I told you
    Shootin' like a soldier like I'm from Magnolia
    All these ******, all these foes
    Big bank, never fold
    Sippin, ac, man that **** slow me
    ******* on me, say she like my clothes
    I'm in London, Young Carti global
    Designer is on me, call it dirty laundry
    All these ******* want Young Carti
    Young Carti, yeah
    Young Carti, young Carti what
    Young Carti, young Carti yeah
    All of your ******* they loose, all of your ******* they loose
    All of my ******* is rich
    And they stay rockin' that Rick huh
    Rich *****
    Cash Carti *****
    Rich *****
    Got a rich clique, she suckin' on the clique
    She suckin' on the dick
    Give that hoe a tip, told her buy some kicks
    Then I brush my teeth, pop up in a whip
    Glocky in the whip
    Glocky in the whip
    And I'm cocky, ******' on a thotty
    She just wanna top me
    ***** can't stop me
    I'm riding in a Mase, this ain't even my Mase
    Oh that's not yo thotty? Yo ***** look like a Aunty
    Walked in with Ashanti
    Damn that look like Carti, Damn that look like Carti
    I think dat be Young Carti
    Heard he spent a hunnid on a ******* watch piece
    That's filthy
    Running from an opp, then I shoot at opp
    And I'm on the block, and I'm on the block
    Hide in my sock, selling that rerock
    Use to sell rerock, running from the cops
    Shooting at the opps
    Yo Pierre you wanna come out here???
    -Playboi Carti, Magnolia (2017)
    • Up x 1
  17. Naskoni

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
    Mark Twain
    • Up x 2
  18. Exileant

o_O *Demonic British accent* :mad: Because it is AMAZING!!!! :eek: The IDEA of a-ny-one who would DARE dis-agreeing with this FACT, just "--FILLS-me with-the-URGE to DEF-E-CATE!!!!!"
  19. Exileant

*Sniffs and Raises lit lighter*;)
  20. Exileant

:D THIS is what I mean by you just come up with excuse after excuse... I know you see the random head-shots in there MIXED WITH MAX PUNCH KILLS.... If they were only going for vehicles, you would only see like one lucky shot and NO MELEE KILLS!!!! o_O These people were obviously aiming at groups of people.... ;) I could say something cutting, but you know what, I will just stand by my song quote! While I have already exposed you before your peers.... :mad: "--TEAR-DOOOOOOOOOWN THE-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:confused: And where on earth did you get racist from? If you are talking about Pink Floyd, Like I.C.P. Their message was Anti-racism. I.C.P. goes a step further and promotes the Hate of Hatred itself. :eek: Stop grasping at straws and get back on the subject of someone posting what I have been saying all along, meaning you are and were, WRONG! :p Hahahaha!
    • Up x 1