My first ever MAX event! :D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Sep 17, 2019.

1. TRspy007

Lol it's an example of the exact thing you simple minded human. Prejudice is the act of judging based on (exterior) looks, so whether gators talk or not has nothing to do with it lol. Judging something/someone based on your previous experiences of having similar encounters is prejudice. Saying you're going to get burned without putting your hand in fire to test that theory is another example of prejudice, it's not just limited to humans.

Also that is just another form of prejudice/discrimination. Assuming I don't get labelled because I am white is so simple minded and hypocritical idk how you can call out others for discriminating when you do it yourself. I live in Kuwait, a country in the middle east (I'm guessing you don't know where it is) so yeah, it is easy to tell me apart from the general population lol.
  2. Campagne

Ever heard the term "gay bashing" before? Rest assured homophobia is far from just putting them in a jar and leaving them outside. And are you saying homosexuality is a choice? Seriously? :p

A sexual preference is just that, a preference. In selecting sexual partners everyone has a set of preferences. Present genitals are just one of many factors a person my desire.

MAX shotguns are objectively bad weapons, nothing more needs to be said.
  3. Exileant

:eek: That is not, nor ever has been, what sexual preference means.... Sexual preference means what SEX (is in genitalia) you actually prefer. There are MEDICALLY, ONLY 3, regardless of what people are trying to say these days...o_O Men, women, and hermaphrodite. Because you decide to chop things off or add things to you, does not make you something else. I can add a Magburner, High output A.P. Cannon and a maxed out Basilisk.... :D That does not mean my Magrider is now a Liberator.... The few people in this world that are actually born picking up on pheromones of the same sex are quite rare. It was actually classified as a disorder, and they had found several ways to reverse it too. :confused: You just have to "choose" to undertake the treatment. Flooding the body with Testosterone or Estrogen are among the easiest ways to do so as high enough dosses will alter brain chemistry. o_O Homosexuality is primarily learned in some way or another, and how you are raised has a major effect on how we turn out. Humans respond to love, before we understand what goes where, we respond to who or whatever treats us best.It is VERY easily confused with friendship when you are vulnerable enough. In ideal stable family situations, little boys growing up will often say they want to marry their mother, and little girls will often say they want to marry their father, due to the the fact that socially we typically respond better to the opposite sex and treat them accordingly. That is Biology. ;) All that is then required is for the parent to do is teach them they will find someone who will treat them far better. :( What is missing these days, is the TEACHING part.
    Gay bashing was not performed by the masses, nor did it become violent regularly. It was usually the Closet Bisexuals that used to fight like cats and dogs, because they were into this lifestyle and feared being outed, or actually WERE outed during a spat. The uninvolved masses could have cared less what you did behind closed doors. And that is the key difference why you cannot compare being gay to being an ethnic minority. ;) People only know what you do in your bedroom if you decide to tell them. o_O We cannot conveniently stick our skin color into a closet and have the world not know or care. Biiiiig difference.

:p You are still trying to overshadow the fact that you are wrong, have been proven wrong, and will remain wrong about N.C. Maxes. It is okay, I promise to bring it right back, each and every time.
    • Up x 1
  4. Johannes Kaiser

I have some gay friends, and none of them ever said "wanna hear the story of how I made that choice?". Cuz, you know, it isn't one. They can fight it, but that is usually fighting their nature and in most cases doesn't go too well.
    And they are also rather sensitive of whom they tell, because homophobics might go after them.

Honestly, I don't see the problem people-phobics of any kind have (other than the real clinical phobias; but I guess very few homophobes or racists have that clinically diagnosed). Why bother if the other person doesn't harm you? Take them for WHO they are, not HOW they are; importance of the order of letters can not be overstated here. They are just people, trying to live their lives.
    Means: Calling anyone anything with ill intent that is not "earned" by the recipient is not okay. Calling someone an idiot who behaves like one, alright. Calling someone an idiot for the shape of their nose is not. And even if people use correct medical or sociological terms for this, it needs to be evaluated how the majority of people understand that word. And of course why the one saying it used that word. If it was to be accurate in a scientific paper that's something else than using it as an insult.

TL;DR: Anything regarding skin color, place of birth, sex or the likes should not be used for a genuine insult (to keep it seperated from joking insults between people who know each other well enough to KNOW it is a joke). Simple. Apparently too simple a ground rule for people to follow.
    • Up x 1
  5. Exileant

o_O I have enough homosexual friends on both sides of the fence met through family to escape the "Token Level". The reason you are not hearing those stories is either you did not ask, you are not on that level of friendship yet, or it was very traumatic. Most of my friends have the story of deep loneliness caused by being different. Because the things they enjoyed doing did not mesh well with females, and were late bloomers (Showing no interest either way) People assumed they were gay. When you tell a child you think something is wrong with them, they believe it. :oops: When you tell someone who is different repeatedly, the reason WHY you are different is because you are gay, eventually, the person will believe it; especially if their mistreatment continues. People do not like pain, and when enough pain is applied, they will do anything to make it stop. This also includes over-riding what you know in your heart to be wrong. This is what happens in the cases of abuse that go on leading the person down that path. Two of my friends were in fact abused by family. They hated what was happening, they were not gay; and tried to tell other family what was going on. (Which did not believe them because: "There is no way HE would do that to you.... You have to by lying.") Eventually they had to adapt to their situation. When you adapt, you try to find the best in a bad situation, and the best of a bad situation in cases of abuse are what? It is powerful persuasion even when conditions are favorable... An oasis in dire situations... And there you have forced a person to change into someone who they were never meant to be. o_O In the worst cases, the abused falls in love with the abuser, which is why: "Don't tell anyone or it will be your fault that we are split up." actually WORKS. It is a form of Stackholm Syndrome. :eek: The more you do something, the more you begin to like it. (Ask just about any heterosexual woman whether that is true about intercourse when they first started out. In some of the worst cases, it could be years of trying before seeing THAT silver lining. :p Hahahahaha!) Now even with all of that said every one of them still maintains it is a choice that they continue the lifestyle they choose to live. To quote my mothers friend: "There is not some hidden curse on our body that commands us to sleep with the same sex, we can thrill anyone who comes my way just fine." "We will not die because we don't." "Anytime you can live without something, you are making a conscious choice to pursue it." o_O Again I will quote my buddy: "The fact that folks say it is not a choice, is full of &*#%, they just want an excuse to keep doing what they like free of judgment" "%*&% that!!!!" "Just own up to the fact that you are gonna do what you wanna do with who you wanna do it with, because it is your life and your body." I support that thought. Even though the life style is may be against my religion, God says: Remove the Log out of your own eye, before you attempt to remove the stick out of your brothers." It is not my soul, it is yours. So what they do behind close doors is none of my bisniteus. Just know my stance, respect it, and keep me out of it. ;) We all have gotten along fine for well over a decade.
  6. Campagne

No, that's exactly what it means. I prefer my sexual partners to not be morbidly above or below a health weight. That's a sexual preference. Biologically there are only two sexes. The rare androgynous XXY is biologically male and possesses male sex organs.

I never imagined I'd have to say this on a forum about a videogame, by sexuality is not a learned behaviour. Individuals do not feel nothing until exposed to romance or attraction, sexuality is innate.

Virtually any hormone in large enough amounts will affect brain chemistry. Estrogen does not result in an attraction to males, nor does testosterone result in an attract to females.

Personally I'm more of a nature over nurture kinda guy. Regardless you overestimate the impact individuals can have over the development of a child. Funnily enough the majority of healthy children interact with more than just one or two parents and often form bonds with others outside of their family units. Especially when they don't receive the love and validation they feel they need.

Whoa, slow down there Sigmund. :rolleyes: People generally respond better to attractive individuals of either sex but are often repulsed by inccst due to the negative effects of swimming in one's own gene pool.

Not only is your biology completely wrong, you're also confusing it with psychology.

It's a bad thing to be openly gay in a lot of parts of the world, and that includes North America. It's foolhardy to pretend otherwise and you know it. Hell, it's a bad thing to be ginger, or short, or have fetal alcohol syndrome.

It's typically quite poor for one's mental health over the long-term to harbour hidden stigmas. The stress and desire for acceptance often weigh on one's mind and manifest in unhealthy ways. Personally I suggest writing a journal or diary as a means of expressing suppressed thoughts and feelings.

Also some people are extremely obvious in their orientations even when they try to hide it.

Oh, are you ready to talk about MAXes now? Great! Give an opening argument or two and I'll do my best to convince you you're hopelessly lost and then show you the light at the end of the tunnel. Baptized in the fires of knowledge, you will be reborn anew. :p
  7. Exileant

:confused::D Over estimation of teaching a child right and wrong and them actually picking up on it.... Done! You are the sum of what you are exposed to. Monkey see, monkey do. You only think you are nature. Your nature is whatever your parents laid out for you. Sure, they can press too hard and cause you to rebel, but later on in life what usually happens is child then becomes the parent, in all of their flaws. That is how racism is passed, you great donkey..... ;) It is obvious you are dead set on living in your own world, I will leave you to it as I always do after I have beaten you down and humiliated you. My offers of whipping you in both games still stand if you need further proof, oh wait, you do not play console versions of just these two games. o_O The only thing you try to baptize with is bull crap, that nobody who plays for more than 3 seconds pays any attention to. As far as talking about Maxes, :confused: I already beat your argument with the help of Crayv, so that conversation is done with. I have had my fun with you. :D I am sated. I am right, you are wrong. As it should be. As it always has been. As it always will be. It was not enough that you had to be wrong about the subject, but you also had to be wrong about the spinoff too. :p It is like your mission in life is to be wrong. Fight the good fight Forumsider. Call me when you graduate to Planetsider. Hahahaha!
  8. Johannes Kaiser

Second the "back to topic" idea. This has gone on for long enough and this isn't really the place for a social topic discussion.

On the MAX topic: I don't recall anyone mentioning that even with the nerfed NC MAX shotguns they still have the same blasted ammo count, which means that now they can only get 50% of previous results per magazine. Nerf the damage, fine (actually, no, but since it's not gonna change back, guess we have to come to terms with that), but at least they should increase mag size to mitigate some of it. TTK will still be lower, but at least we wouldn't run out of ammo after what feels like the second person strolling our way.
    • Up x 1
  9. pnkdth

New AI MAX arms are trash versus enemy MAX units. They screwed over their range (and removed slugs to complete neuter it). Don't know how often this needs to be stated but I guess it is somewhere between this many and until we get some validation DBG is aware that maybe, just maybe, they are fallible and should have a look at this.

All they need to do is reduce pellets, increase damage per pellet, tighten CoF and adjust magazine size accordingly. To save face they can turn some MAX arms into dedicated slug cannons (which will make values easier to balance and adjust) to avoid having to do a rollback to the old version. Then add in a MG with AP rounds.

Obvious balance issues aside... These alerts are great opportunities to complete certain directives which are otherwise a pain.
    • Up x 2
  10. Campagne

Maybe an idiot is the sum of all raw stimuli, but the rest of us normal individuals are capable of growing independently of events and are not hollow shells merely reflecting past experiences instead of a personality. A person's past does not define them.

I ain't a console peasant you filthy scrub. :p Also Destiny 2 went to Steam now and refused to actually transfer my character data despite allowing me to link my two accounts, so unless that changes magically in the next few days I'm going to return D2 right back to the empty meaningless void from which I pulled it from. Almost started playing again, but I'm not going to do another 70 hours of grinding over the exact same content.

As always you pretend like you have an argument and refuse to discuss the matter. I'm fine with just shooting the breeze but that doesn't mean we can't have a reasonable discussion about the way the factions' MAXes are.

I'd hate to have to report you for spam. :p
  11. Exileant

:D Funny, others have said you are the one not sticking to the arguments. I do not blame you, I would abandon the argument too if I were as wrong as you are so often. o_O You are projecting, but report away. This will bring attention to yourself not sticking to the thread subject and losing the argument there as well. Hahahaha! However it brings me joy that backed into a corner, like the beaten down dog you are, the only recourse left for you is to cry for help from the staff. :D They will not save you child. Stop being wrong, and I will stop pointing;) it out for all to see. Again you make excuses on why you won't face me.You remind me of E.D. 209 falling down the stairs in Robocop. You Squeal and flail when you do not know what to say anymore.

You are and always will be.... :) A joke, however you are a great wall to bounce off of. I am sure those who read have plenty of tactics to try, as I often try to jump start the creative juices of those who are into Critical Thinking. :p Again, Call me when you graduate to Planetsider, Forumsider. I am here anytime you need your glass kicked, because mass is no more than grass to me, and I will mow it for you. :p Hahahaha!
  12. Campagne

Believe me, I don't take drastic measures very easily. I don't honk my horn when driving unless it's absolutely necessary or completely legitimate and I don't report people the instant they break a minor rule. So it is with great conviction that I implore you to contribute something to the discussion for once.

You fabricate false claims and abandon them instantly and jump from topic to topic yet refuse multiple times to address the actual main topic at hand. Your posts are as vapid and devoid of substance as your mind must surely be and to be blunt I'm also starting to get bored of your replies.

Either discuss the topic of the thread, contribute in some meaningful way, or stop wasting forum space with completely extraneous nonsense.
  13. Exileant

o_O Quite frankly since you have been proven wrong, nobody else seems to care about your thread. It was a case of "Get Good' that is all. Literally, this thread was a meaningless complaint about what you cannot do with a machine made to stomp on people in a situation that was designed for mindless fun. ;) You honk when you are defeated. :D Here is my contribution. Stop it with projection. You are the one who jumps from one thing to another with out addressing the point you made, you are the one who flees from combat because you know I will destroy you. :confused: Stop being wrong, so I do not have to set you straight. A major example that I did my best to over looked was the fact that you actually said the theory of ANYTHING taught you more than actually doing it proves you do not know what you are talking about.... The fact that you quoted yourself saying non-sense was just the icing. ;) I told you, eventually people would get a read on you. :eek: Any idiot can pull a google search and find a number sheet. Any average Jane can pick apart damage potential. But to actually figure out the logistics and average of success of said damage potential? :rolleyes: That takes at least the brain of a Fruit Bat.... :D Get there!
  14. Exileant

:confused: That is the problem with the world. People would rather not talk about something, rather than confront what is actually wrong.... Any place is the place to for a social topic if it comes up.

o_O The NC Max has a flipping shield, if I am not mistaken the guns reload while it is up, soooooooo? Mag extender is enough to lay out any target rather fast, who cares if you have to reload after your first max kill? If you are in shotgun range, you are in range to punch too.... :eek: This is a simple case of use your brain. Not everything has to be shot to death. :p And you all wonder why I say Vanu houses the brainy players? Hahaha!
  15. Trigga

Actualy it isnt, but dont let facts get in the way of your story:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.752/

And from that thread:
    2) Communicate constructively - It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.

A few examples of non-constructive communication are as follows:
    • Off-topic commentary for specific forum - topics or conversation inappropriate for a particular area is unlikely to be seen by the intended audience and can spawn distracting and non-productive discussions, as well as splitting otherwise useful discussions into multiple channels. Political and religious discussions are considered non constructive on Official Daybreak Games Forums.
    Its pretty clear in this respect.
    Pay close attention to the BOLDED text.
    • Up x 1
  16. Exileant

:confused: We all know laws and morals are usually quite different. The way I see it, slavery would still be going on today if we simply adhered to what was legal. It was wrong, you have to stand up for what is right. o_O Regardless, I was not the one who originally changed the subject. It was first changed by Camp, in an attempt to misdirect from the fact that he was wrong about N.C.s Maxes being bad, shifted the focus to the term, Mongoloid used by TRspy. :eek: Now, anytime a term is used with negative origins it needs to be discussed, and those who used it educated to prevent further foolishness, no matter the motive. Young people grace these forums. I will not sit by and let foolishness reign on any subject. Perhaps if more people opened their mouths, the world, as well as this game may not encounter so many issues. o_O There is a right way and a wrong way to discuss something, it becomes non constructive when it degrades into simply hurling insults. I hurl facts, they may hurt, but they are very constructive. You may not agree with them at first, but it leads you to find out the truth for yourself, and THAT is constructive.

:D But you know what the highlight of the this reel is? Technically your comment on what is off topic, was in fact a violation in and of itself according to the rules, as we were talking about Maxes during the Free max event... So in order to point out we might be in violation of rules, you violated the rules. :confused: Do you see my point? It really is... Ya kinda just proved it. ;) As politics are a discussion of policies. o_O What are policies? Rules. *Points upward*
  17. AllRoundGoodGuy

Richard - "Tom, people did not come here to see us argue!"
    Tom - "Some of them did."

Props to whoever gets the reference.
    • Up x 1
  18. Exileant

:eek: *HITS BUZZER* WHAT IS MEET THE PRESS!? WHAT IS THE CHANGED TERM AGREE!?
  19. AllRoundGoodGuy

20. Exileant

That was a treat! Hahahaha! I was wrong, but it was definitely a treat. Searches for more Smothers Brothers. o_O"I only heard you say 'take it' once." :eek: "Which time?" o_O "Third time......." I died a bit.