My first ever MAX event! :D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Campagne, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Johannes Kaiser

Hm, when I end up in those kind of events (on Miller), NC wins about 60% of them and the number of MAXes is not drastically increased. I see more, sure, but maybe 50% more than without the event. Then again, I'm more the kind of person who runs with a few friends through the small fights off from the main lines, doing meaningful stuff while the majority is hung up in some 80vs80 fight that goes nowhere. Because bases still matter once the event is over.
  2. Campagne

I strongly suggest you cut down the quoted posts you're replying to as well as combine responses into a single post. Especially when you're quoting the same person twice. Mouth-breathers like my dear friend Exileant get a pass but I can't just give them out to anyone that qualifies, so do please make an effort for the betterment of forumside.

I suppose I never mentioned the fight was fairly large, that's on me. But otherwise I think you should give the post a reread or two.

Firstly this was not a one-against-many, this was 48 v 48. Focusing fire only allows other players to kill everyone else easier. Same with Archers. The MAX's allies will just get easy kills on a poor little engineer with nothing but an Archer. C4 requires contact range and against infinitely free MAXes even if they aren't revived they'll cost nothing while the C4 will. Same with AV grenades. Rockets on't do enough to an enemy with flak armour who can just press F to heal anyway, again assuming even if he is killed he can't just be revived or spawn another MAX at no cost.

1. I don't like MAXes and refuse to pull them. Even if I did I'd have the ****heap that is the NC MAX and nothing unlocked at all verses the much more powerful TR MAXes. And again, this was in Quartz Ridge which has fairly long ranges for most infantry combatants. Shotguns aren't going to cut it. Gorgons won't either when there's more than just the two MAXes.

2. As above an engineer with an Archer will not fare against any other infantry enemy and in a large fight there tends to be a lot of those.

3. Again as above no it won't and it can't even kill a single MAX nevermind a zerg of MAXes.

4. Guess what? That's right you're wrong. The GODSAW's alternative damage mode doesn't affect MAXes. It will still take an entire magazine to the face from point blank to kill. And again, that takes way longer to kill than the MAX needs and leaves the shooter exposed for a very long time.

5. The Jackhammer is the worse primary shotgun in the game. If you think a JH can kill a MAX in straight combat you are deluded. Even a dual Burster MAX can kill a JH HA without risk. Please just play NC and test these things yourself in the VR before saying they're at all useful.

6. Such original, very humor. Wow. A complete non-point, as above focus-fire one of many MAXes doesn't solve the issue of MAX swarms and makes it very easy for regular infantry to get kills when nothing to attacking them.

7. No they don't. What, 7 or 8 headshots from a Longshot? That takes a long time, requires full exposure of the head, and requires the MAX just stands there and takes it without firing back at the sniper. Any bullets even near the shooter will cause flinch which will cause misses.

8. Again, not feasible, not sustainable.

9. As above, not feasible, not sustainable.

10. I suppose maybe a Kobalt harasser could get into Quartz Ridge from the South end. It would not stand up to 10 chainguns all firing even in its direction though. Can't get a Vanguard anywhere inside where it'd be useful, doubt an ANT could either.

And finally, any MAX kills will not solve the problem as there are no restrictions to just spawning another.

Probably because not everyone likes MAXes. I hate them, I hate playing as them, and they're incredibly expensive to cert for no real reason.

A fun, balanced fight where skilled infantry play was all on offer, suddenly devolving into one side spamming an overpowered unit without cost or risk while the other side can't use the same unit to the same effectiveness? Yeah it ruined the fight.

Also obligatory "I've played this game longer on one character than you've played in your life" comment.

Believe it or not I actually get much more use out of an auxiliary shield than C4 as a medic.
  3. LodeTria

Aux shield is terrible tho. You'd be better of using medikits. You really should use c4 though so you're not totally useless when you push enemies back to the sunderer or a tank is in cqc.
    • Up x 1
  4. Campagne

There's not much need for medsticks with nanoregen, and I just don't find myself wanting C4 all that often. An auxiliary shield helps in every engagement even if it can't save me. Combined with nanoregen and nanoweave though the medic can be quite tanky and even survive things they shouldn't.

Plus just being passive is always nice. No need to think or plan on using it or set up ambushes or anything. Just good old gunplay and soaking hits!
  5. Exileant

:D Excuseeeees, you excuse so hard and often, I am willing to bet you have a lifetime free pass to pass gas without saying a word. You can always play how you want. :p You chose to not select a max and join the fun; in so doing you chose to get stomped on. Hahahaha! You did not have to lose like that. NC will MURDER a T.R. Max. o_O All you have to do is get a foothold in a building, it is over. If you wanted to run a normal suit, then also bring a vehicle for the farm. There was plenty you could have done, but you chose to DIE. :confused: The reason I do not see any V.S. weapons is because V.S. knows better than to try to go up against all those free Maxes with our bottomed out bull patty excuse for a Max. :eek: Our main faction special gives us next to no speed boost and HURTS US for crying out loud....

;) Also, calling me a dirty Pikachu ripoff only means to you I am a well groomed Ryichu, or a happy and free Pichu. :D Both are more powerful than the original. :p Trying to call me cute and free spirited on the sly will not get you anywhere, chin dragger.
  6. Campagne

Heh, no. That's all. NC MAX <<< TR MAX. In a large open base in a big fight NC MAX <<<<<< TR MAX. If I could play how I wanted yet would only ever lose if I didn't play in one specific way how could you say I wasn't restricted?

That's some Olympic-grade gymnastics your doing there friend. Everyone knows the dirty purple trash Pikachu is a Rattata. :rolleyes:
  7. Crayv

Unless they touched them in the last few years, if you want to use an NC MAX you better learn to use Falcons. Not the best option but great for spamming into choke points or anyplace where you can easily predict where someone is going to be.

Oddly enough I don't remember anyone complaining about them back when I was doing this....

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  8. Liewec123

i did like falcons, years ago i would use them exclusively,
    (anyone else remember when they were grenade launchers?)

but now that Flak (and also auxiliary shield) make them a 3 shot kill i don't bother.
    the 2 second refire rate (well 1.9) also make them very unreliable in tight situations,
    like an ambusher LA hurling through the air, miss with the first shot and your dead.

imho its much safer to run Gorgons, but i DO enjoy spamming falcons at chokeholds too ;)
  9. TRspy007

You've played this game longer than me? Reading these childish comments I would've thought you joined yesterday tbh. Only noobs and morons complain about MAXes, so I guess you not being a noob narrows it down. I've been playing this game since beta, I've got characters on every faction, every server, and I haven't played any other game significantly since Planetside 2 released. So props to topping my experience.

All your arguments about not being able to deal with a MAX tell me you either main infil, or that it's your first time out of VR training since your years of playing. MAXes are slow, weak and free or not, they're usually pretty easy targets. Especially in big fights, a MAX nowadays, means nothing. They can be free, some people can spawn them all they want, the truth is 99.5% of MAXes die as fast as regular infantry.

Comment about godsaw, idk, seemed to work fine again MAXes when I was using it. Comment about jackhammer???? Are you pip or are you pip? The jackhammer is one of the best shotguns in the game, no wonder every heavy has it as their secondary. It's a heavy weapon, like the lasher and the chaingun, it destroys MAXes that get too close.

And no, I don't believe you get more use of aux shield than C4 on medic, unless all you do is sit in the spawn and farm healing ribbons. Literally every (veteran) medic I know uses C4 on their medic, so yeah, not sure about your claims dude.

And quit being stupid man, you're not alone, an archer engineer can snipe MAXes from a safe distance with no hope of getting shot. A gorgon MAX with extended mags can take on multiple MAXes and win, provided he goes for headshots and has the right implant. Also you told me there was only one MAX bothering you, so.....what's the problem?

All the techniques I said work, except maybe the focus fire since you're NC. I play all factions, all classes and I can tell you that MAXes are a joke, and it doesn't take more than 2 brain cells to deal with them. Sure C4 and nades cost nanites, but they regenerate pretty quick, especially if you use the resource boosts (that you can win for free after cont lock alert). The cost of C4 is no excuse to let yourself be farmed for a whole fight.
  10. TRspy007

I would come to Ceres, but i don't have a time travel machine. Ceres shut down years ago wtf xD
    • Up x 1
  11. TRspy007

LOL I see what you mean, but I was never a person to ***** against MAXes, so lol. You have to admit that countering MAXes, no matter the faction is a piece of cake though. I play all factions, but I'll let VS and TR high command know specifically if you want lol
  12. Liewec123

ditto and ditto!
    even back when nc maxes had weapons i didnt find them an issue,
    stick em with an AV nade and then a single decimator shot, easy!
    or the good old flashbang + c4 as LA.

now though people do have a reason to be angry about max balance, because NC max AI weapons are absolutely inferior to TR and VS max AI weapons.
    • Up x 2
  13. TRspy007

In my experience I found the scatter canons are still amazing up close. Mattocks are still decent, though I'll admit gorgons are probably the best choice for NC during mid-long range fights
  14. Campagne

Yeah, that means a lot coming from you. :rolleyes: Come at me bro, debate me in the ring!

If my arguments were flawed you'd be able to tell me why.

GODSAW is fine against MAXes given enough range and exposure time, but the AV mode does literally nothing better against a MAX.

The Jackhammer is the worst second worst shotgun in the game and the only thing that keeps it from being number one is the fact that the Magscatter has a tiny magazine and a lower RoF.

Excerpt from the Stuff I Don't Like Google Doc:

It's genuinely terrible. If you really want to try to kill a MAX with a shotgun for some stupid reason the auto-shotguns are still extremely overpowered.

That's objectively untrue. You know me, after all! :p But regardless I think in all the time I carried C4 as a medic I used it maybe twice, and I can only recall once. Blew up a lone MAX. Since then I've survived with 50 or less HP in many instances from shotguns to headshots to everything in between. Yeah, I get a lot more use out of it.

Again man, please read what you're responding to. I have only said the fight was large and full of TR MAXes. And in an open base like Quartz Ridge there aren't many safe places to sit and aim without a cloak in a 48+/48+ fight. A single Gorgon MAX will not beat out multiple MAXes shooting it at once.

Funny thing that, the NC don't ever win alerts so I don't get many boosts. (But also I never use them so there's that.) Regardless if it takes one C4 to kill a MAX a single time a player will run out of C4 very quickly if there are 10 MAXes all respawning and reviving for the entire half hour of the event.
  15. Liewec123

Gorgons are best for everything outside of spitting distance,
    at spitting distance the shotguns do similar dps to TR and VS weapons (which is more than gorgons)
    But the shotguns have no range and far less sustain,
    i'd rather take the weaker damage from gorgons and get range and sustain similar to TR and VS.

It's incredibly sad that our best option, Gorgons, is something so bad that most TR and VS don't own them.
  16. FateJH

Perhaps they're just being sporting - offering you a fair chance by not equipping such an awesome weapon themselves.
    • Up x 1
  17. TRspy007

Good thing you're not alone, you just said it was a 48 vs 48 fight, no? If no one in your faction contributes to killing enemies, then stop ******** and switch factions.

If not, just get an archer or a launcher or literally any other weapon in the game and do your thing. Go for headshots if that's withing your skill cap and you're good. Or if the fight was at quartz ridge as you said, just pull a reaver a lol pod the **** out of them. A MAX is basically just a fat, slow dude that can't aim with double the health. Plus there's no resistance if you go for the head that 200% damage.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...-health-how-many-bullets-to-kill-a-max.83681/

Honestly dude I can't play the game for you, learn to deal with them independently or as a team or just redeploy out of fights like that lol.
  18. Campagne

The problem with pretty much all of this above all else is that other players and the event overall are forcing me to play in ways I don't want to. I could play how I wanted before and that was fun.

C4 still only has a touching range. No amount of bricks will change that, nor any spamming of Gorgon MAXes on the NC's side of things when they're only going to be worse up close and too bad to prevent revives at range.

I did use a launcher, even though I wanted to play medic. But once again one rocket isn't enough to kill, neither is two or even three with flak and repairs. Chaining headshots only works when the player can survive long enough to deliver the damage. Not going to happen against a MAX in that setting, let alone against 10 MAXes and 40 infantry supporting them.

I think I need a citation on that nonsense " no resistance," "200% headshot damage." It still takes a lot of shots to the face to kill a stock MAX.

Old and questionably relevant thread. Does not consider MAX armour type or weapon range and degradation or realistic accuracies nor does it include TTKs as far as I bothered to skim.

I did kill a few myself, but again it literally did not matter. If they weren't just revived they simply spawned another MAX for free. I was forced to adopt a different class (same-ish playstyle) to have even a chance at fighting some ******** abusing a terribly designed alert. I was forced to stop playing the way I wanted to for no good reason and I was only punished for being on the team that couldn't just abuse them too.

And no, "just redeploy" doesn't fix the issue. Getting mugged? Just tell your attacker you don't want to give give him any money and just like that the problem has magically gone away.
  19. Liewec123

Ofcourse! XD
  20. TRspy007

Well yeah, that's the point of war. If you always fought how you wanted, you wouldn't have to fight in the first place. Your mugging example applies to you as well. You just gonna tell the dude "Sorry I don't wanna get mugged by a guy, I'd rather a girl do it.".

See how ridiculous you're being? What if some people are happy they can have 45 minutes to progress their MAX objectives a little bit, and other classes happy to get free MAX kills? Everyone has different playstyles, no reason to ***** about it. You can't say that people can realistically play a MAX without the alert. They get to play with their MAX for 45 minutes, you get to play your class for infinitely longer. Seems fair to me.

Your C4 argument is pathetic. Yes it has no range, just like shotguns. If it did people would complain just like you at people chucking explosives at them. It deals a lot of damage up close, so what do you do? -That's right, you sneak up close and use it. It's something every medic, LA, engineer and heavy loves to do, and it works well.

AS for your claim about the relevance of the thread it's still relevant, if not more than before. Default resistances did change, giving the default MAX way less resistance to small arms. So they get to chose between flack or small arms resistance. Most people choose flack because of rockets and all, which means they're extremely vulnerable to small arms.

It doesn't even take a full clip from an LMG to down a MAX, and medic's ARs are accurate and powerful, so I see no reason why you struggle. And what do you mean accuracies and the 200% damage is false???? How do you normally kill players??????

Headshots deal 2x the damage, that's 200% damage per shot, MAX has double the normal health, meaning the MAX dies in 8-10 headshots or double that it takes to down a normal player. Considering it takes less than half a second to down a standard health player, downing a MAX should take no longer than a second. I don't even know why you're debating this, it's just normal math.

The gorgons are more accurate and have more effective range that normal MAX AI weaponry, so that's perhaps another interesting argument. Have you even played MAX once? I'm starting to have serious questions about your playstyle dude. Was that fight your first time in the front lines? Stay in closed bases behind friendlies if you don't wanna get shot at wtf lol.

Now yes, if you try shooting the MAX from 20000000 metres away with your mag-scatter, its's not gonna work out, although the MAX can't damage you either. You can 1v1 a MAX easily, but if he has allies behind him, either flank or sit back and pick off what you can. MAXes can't even remain accurate past a certain range, so you with your AR should be fine. Duck in and out of cover, I'd be more complaining about infils than MAXes.

From what it sounds, you don't even play front lines, so I don't see what you're complaining about. Just sit back and gather ribbons as your teammates deal with them.