LevelCap's best LMG for each faction. Includes VIDEO.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Lexicon

How do you reconcile experienced players like buzzcut using the tmg50 EXCLUSIVELY?? That's right, the dude, like many others will take it over the carv any day. Watching his stream, he's even gone back to the carv and played far worse with it, reverting back to the trusty, deadly accurate tmg50. So yeah, you haven't done your homework at all here, cookie.
  2. Cookiepiledriver

Don't care. Welcome to my coveted ignore list.
  3. Lexicon

Haha, the "I have no answer to your point so I'll ignore you" type.
  4. Tawodi

Actually if you look at Buzzcut's stats. He has more kills, more kills per minute, and higher accuracy with the Carv as compared to the TMG.

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428010618020696081/weapons

Can look there for yourself.

I think people are missing the point of his video and that is simply that he is trying to recommend what he thinks is simply the best LMG all around not the best at any particular thing. There are better LMGs for the factions at Long range, better at cqc etc. If you look at his stats it is obvious that he switches around weapons a bit to suit different situations, as do I, and as do I think most sensible players. Levelcap was simply trying to say if you have you carry a single weapon with no chance of switching he'd suggest those.
  5. FnkyTwn

BCP stopped using the Carv after it was nerfed and he hates it now (at least when I last watched) and tends to roll the TMG-50 these days. So its hard to say when he stopped using it and how diluted his stats are with it since the nerf. Before the nerf it certainly wasn't uncommon for each and every TR to be using the Carv even at BR60.. so something obviously needed to be nerfed there. These days only lower ranked players seem to be running it for the most part.

I'll agree with the LC video that he's not saying any one thing is the 'best' for everybody in every situation. I'm fine with his recommendations and discovered the Pulsar LSW because of it. :
  6. Lexicon

^ what he said. I don't need to look at his kills, you only have to watch 5 mins of his stream to know he hates the carv now, post 'nerf'.
  7. hammyhamm

I'm still a fan of the Carv S but it is certainly showing its age now; I'll probably switch for the T-32 Bull or TMG-50 in the next week or two when I have enough of a cert bank to outfit them.
  8. hammyhamm

To be honest, I use the Carv S as my "versatile" weapon, although it really isn't cutting the mustard nowadays. I'll consider the MSW-R for CQC but I was under the impression that the T-32 BULL was superior?
  9. IntergalacticYoghurt

TMG-50 is most similar to the Gauss SAW S and, to a lesser extent, the EM6.

Everybody knows this?
  10. ladiesop

The TMG-50 has (almost uniquely, only sharing this with the SVA-88) a larger recoil decrease than the other LMGs. I don't know the exact effect of this, but it's closer (though not quite the same as) the value on Carbines and Assault Rifles.
  11. TeknoBug

Wait, what did they change with the T9 Carv? I still use that on my TR. If the Carv was nerfed, why wasn't the Orion nerfed too?

But yes I've been seeing BCP use the TMG-50 and occasionally T16 more often.
  12. IntergalacticYoghurt

Nice catch. I totally missed that somehow.

Mind you, the EM1 has the lowest recoil decrease value of all NC weapons (12), and it is probably our easiest sustained fire LMG.

Perhaps this variable becomes most relevant during single shot and burst firing?
  13. ladiesop

The EM1 has really low base recoil (for a LMG) and bloom per shot, and low RoF for it's damage class (143), which probably is more immediately noticeable as it is compared with vastly different weapons.
  14. TheBloodEagle

DEC12 Game Update 1
  15. TheBloodEagle

It's not superior in CQB but superior in the sense that you can go into CQB (0m-15m) and above fighting without having to switch. It's more versatile for different situations except for long range.

Many people tend to just use one gun all that time, so if that's you, the T32 Bull is a much better investment than MSW-R. I use different weapons for different situations though.

I personally don't use the T32 because I already have the CARV, CARV-S, TMG-50 and AMR-66 and shotgun. I don't want to spend more since I am comfortable with what I have. But I am tempted to get it.
  16. EvilKoala

Not surprised the TMG-50 got picked. Theres a reason about half the TR HA's roll with it. It's the only TR LMG that can reliably hit and kill targets beyond 50m. The horizontal recoil on all other TR LMGs (and the high first shot multiplier on the T16) make med-long range engagements a waste of time.
  17. Kyutaru

The majority of his CARV kills were obtained prior to the CARV nerf. It was an OP all-arounder prior to that especially during a time when no one had alternate unlocks and they were stuck using the defaults.
  18. hammyhamm

I tend to use the CARV-S as my kitchen-sink weapon; have the TMG-50 but never really used it - most of my fighting is with the engineer anyhow so TRAC-5 S all the way
  19. MaxDamage

To everyone going "Wow, TMG-50, really?".

It is his opinion, and his opinion is wrong.
  20. FnkyTwn

Let's realize that this is also YOUR opinion and that based on the responses from this thread, it is YOU who are wrong.