LevelCap's best LMG for each faction. Includes VIDEO.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Doogle

T16 is a more versatile weapon imo, also pulsar is nice but it lacks the 75% ads movement speed of the sva-88 which is also versatile.

By saying the TMG he is basically saying the best TR weapon is a weak NC knockoff.

While people may not like BCP his review of the TR lmgs is spot on.
  2. CMouse

The model doesn't matter, get good with your gun in its effective role and watch your flanks.
  3. Bill Hicks

NC's best weapon is a poor man's orion?
  4. Bambolero

I don't agree with Levelcap on this one.
    He picked 3 according to him best allrounders but imo that's only true for the Pulsar LSW.
    M6 is the allrounder for NC and the TMG-50 is more of a long range option for TR then anything else.
  5. Kyutaru

And TR's best weapon is a red Gauss SAW-S.
  6. Plague Rat

Eh, i can see how he'd pick the GD over the EM6. I myself like the quicker reload and the directional and less intense recoil. And I've never really been in a situation where I needed more than 50 rounds and was denied the oppertunity to reload, so I think that's just more a question of functionality and minimal downtime vs the security and staying power of a big mag.

I use the Anchor though and I can definitely see where one would probably want to avoid the strong first shot recoil consider I notice he fires in bursts beyond a certain range. From the look of it the Pulsar had enough going for it to make him want to deal with it, especially considering it's miniscule normal recoil he can fire in larger bursts, but for TR the only directional recoil gun is the MSW and the high RoF would make range shooting a pain and require short burst firing but that one also has a powerful first shot recoil. So I think his closest runner up would have been the T32 Bull but the TMG-50 has slightly better DPS potential for close range.

I prefer to think of it as the Flare being an overpriced GD-22s with more recoil ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. Zaik

Lol the gd-22s?

I know he isn't exactly a fan of the NC weapons, but to pick one that literally has a superior clone available(Anchor) seems a little ridiculous.
  8. Bill Hicks

do you use the extended mag for the gauss -s ? I was thinking about buying it.
  9. Liberty

The TR choice as an "All rounder" really had me scratching my head. I've enjoyed past weapon reviews on his part and opinions are just that but the TMG - 50 is clearly the TR's "Long range" option.

I'd say the Carv S is hands down the "All rounder" gun for the TR due in part to its large variety of attachments.

(I've yet to try the T-16 and T32, still finishing out an Auraxium medal for the TMG-50)
  10. Linedan

I tried the 22S tonight for the first time and wow, I was actually getting kills as a heavy for once. That's a nasty gun at medium range...I could get enough rounds on target for killing bursts much more easily than with the SAW or EM6, even headshots. In that 20-40m range where a lot of outdoor outpost fights end up, that's a very good weapon. The Anchor's better up close/hipfire and the SAW is better far away but I think I see where Levelcap is coming from with picking it. I would say they should make the 22S the starter NC LMG, but the higher fire rate and smaller mag make it a somewhat "non-NC" piece of hardware. The EM6 is the better default gun for us, as it's basically a kinder, gentler, newbie-friendlier SAW.

Basically, to me, the 22S doesn't feel like a squad support weapon. It feels like an assault rifle with an extended magazine (which is also how the Orion feels to me). The SAW and the EM6, now they feel like the PS2 equivalent of a real-world M249, something that's big, bulky, and used as much to keep people pinned down as to actually get kills with.

Still, our LMGs are so specialized in many ways, I need about 5 or 6 loadout slots instead of 3. SAW for those long-range ridge-to-ridge fights that are common on much of Indar; EM6 for suppressive fire or general-purpose use; 22S if I feel like actually getting a few kills; Anchor for building clearing and point attack/defense; and the Jackhammer for, uh, bio labs? Rawr I'm a MAX?
    • Up x 1
  11. aedn

All levelcap is saying is that the most versatile weapons for each faction are those he listed, and gives reasons why he thinks they are. I do find it surprising that he chose the gd 22 over the saw S, since its basically a blue TMG 50, but i can understand it based on his preference for directional recoil. To be honest, its a really good guide for a newer player that has less certs to expend, or players who want a jack of all trades gun. GD 22S was actaully considered the best NC weapon by far at the end of beta, for release though they removed its ability to mount compensators & ammo. I have debated putting the extended mag on it, since the forward grip has minimal effect on either it or the anchor.

Right now i still use the Gauss Saw, since matherson has been testing the render changes, you see infantry at much farther ranges. Between that having been playing with a fully certed EM6 and stock Saw S, i would choose the Saw S over the EM6 due to the larger random COF at longer ranges on the em6.
  12. Carrionghoul

A very good video. I agree with Levecap's TR pick, especially since he clarified there are some weapons that are better at one specific thing, but he was looking for a "versatile" type of weapon. I have no opinion on the other factions because I don't play them enough to know anything beyond their stock starter weapons.

Having used the MSW, the CARV, and the TMG, I constantly find myself going back to the TMG. The MSW is amazing at hip fire but IMO its horrible mid/long range. The CARV is king for bullet hosing down an area and has good hip fire, but at long range I can't seem to manage the recoil enough the hit anything, even using short burst fire. The TMG is great at med/long range and without a compensator on it manages some okay hip fire.

If you knew you were only going to be involved in CQC and not going to have to shoot at someone halfway across a field, you could easily switch out guns to a CARV or MSW. You could also set up different load outs to switch between at vehicle terminals, one for CQC only, one for jack of all trades and one for long range. I prefer to use my load outs for my 3 different types of rocket launchers.

In the end, it all comes down to personal preference and play style. The video is a good starting point for new players or the undecided weapons buyer.
  13. LameFox

Well, it's my most used LMG.
  14. Syranorn

In my game, when killed by a TR HA, the weapon used is : carv = 90%, TMG+MSW=9%, other LMGs = 1%.
    When it comes to TR LMGs, I always feel like SOE failed at designing weapons
  15. LameFox

That's not really a good way to compare in a game that gives you one default MG and requires that you buy or grind for others. It'd be better to look at which guns people prefer out of their current unlocks, but even then, it could just mean they get into situations suited for gun x more often than gun y. Which is probably true of the CARV. I prefer to shoot from a bit further out than most people around me seem to, so things like the TMG and SAW make more sense.
  16. SinerAthin

Did he even mention the SVA-88 anywhere?
  17. Doogle

After going back and trying the TMG again I kind of see what he means, its still very effective in CQC if all your shots and even better if you manage to snap a headshot or two. You can pretty much equip it and not have to worry about what engagement ranges you will be facing, still the ammo pool seems to be a bit odd, 75 mag count yet it only has 225 spare.

I would like to test it against the EM6 and SAW-S because stats wise it seems to be worse in most ways besides a faster recoil recovery, horizontal recoil is quite a complex stats so maybe thats where it edges out.

Also dont see why NC complain about their LMGs,unless the TMG has some magical stat that makes it better I cant see anything wrong with the 167 damage weapons.
  18. SEMoslaw

I don't understand why ppl don't even mention T16. I have 500 certs I played a lot of with Carv but i'm searching for something else. Most of the ppl say "go for TMG-50" but I trialed both guns and checked stats and I don't understand why they say so.

Some of my thoughts about it: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/18mwia/tmg50_vs_t16/
  19. Seasickness

After watching this vid, I tried the TMG-50 for the first time and am impressed as all get out. Excellent piece of weaponry for longer ranges. =)
  20. XRIST0

G22 ? really , the nc6 gauss saw is an absolute beast in the right hands . Its all about trigger control , the g22 is a noobs gun .

What is lvlcap smoking ?

The Nc6 saw is the best gun in the game , in my opinion . Hard to use , but very rewarding once you master it . Nobody will outgun you at any range .

The gauss saw s would be a good choice also because its meant for burst fire , if you run aroud with your gauss with the trigger held down .. you have much to learn and no wonder you complain about it , you are using it wrong .