LevelCap's best LMG for each faction. Includes VIDEO.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. IntergalacticYoghurt

TR: TMG-50
    VS: Pulsar LSW
    NC: GD-22s

My thoughts.

TR: Holy **** balls. Who saw that coming?
    VS: Agreed.
    NC: Was expecting the EM6 or Gauss SAW S, especially considering he chose the TMG-50. However, I cannot deny that I always come back to this weapon - and I have by far the majority of my kills with it. It's lack of useful attachments has always kept me looking elsewhere. An interesting choice from LC.

Discuss!
    • Up x 2
  2. Bill Hicks

GD -22 ? seriously? Maybe if you rambo and dont help your team. You need atleast 100 rounds to be a good heavy. Your job is to lay down continuous fire. Gauss saw or EM 6
  3. IntergalacticYoghurt

His point about it's accuracy is right though. One directional recoil is very easy to compensate for.

If the GD-22s had 75+ rounds, it would have been a much easier choice for me. However, as is, I think particularly strong cases can be made for the EM6 and SAW S.
  4. pucwyczes

With em6 you can shoot accurate bursts of 5-10 bullets but its only if youre not moving and your target is not moving, theres too much random spread on em6. Like cs, move and your accuracy go to ****, theres way around it tho.
  5. Dreadnaught Wrex

I'm not surprised by the TMG-50 being the best LMG for the TR. Its extremely versitile. It has the hard hitting power like the Gauss Saw with the fire rate like that of the CARV and a okay mag size.
  6. IntergalacticYoghurt

Wrex, that is totally inaccurate.

TMG-50 hits for less than the NC6 Gauss SAW and shoots MUCH slower than the CARV.

It is, however, practically identical to the Gauss SAW S.
  7. Dreadnaught Wrex

LIKE - as in about. Meaning its those weapons in spirit. The biggest complaint I hear from Gauss SAW users is "It fires too slow to be good in CQC" and the TMG fires faster. It hits hard enough for me to out beat a gauss saw user in a pissing match. Sorry that you took my statement as being completely accurate. Like I said, I meant that is does those things in spirit. I know the stats.
    • Up x 1
  8. Dreadnaught Wrex

9. Quor

I don't like this "best" stuff personally. There's too much variation. There are times (most of the time really) where my EM6 is great, but then other times where the Anchor is the way to go or the SAW is better.

Same with my VS guy; Orion is what I usually run with, but I'll pull out the SVA if the occasion asks for it.

Don't have enough experience with the TR guns, but I can't find fault with the CARV or MSW. They're great in they're effective ranges.

Opinions I suppose, I'm just not looking forward to the rash of "TMG/GD/LSW is best!" posts that will inevitably follow a video such as this.
  10. Dreadnaught Wrex

Did you watch the whole video? It doesnt seem like it. He said they were the "best" because of how versitile they were. He said the Orion beats out the pulsar LSW at close range by far, but lacks the range it has. He said that about alot of other guns. He just said these guns are good at everything, but not great at anything. (except for the TMG-50 since I cant think of a single TR LMG that can beat it at range.)
  11. IntergalacticYoghurt

I cannot help but think that, as a predominantly Vanu player, he must be quite used to the direction up-right recoil of their weaponry.
    I wonder if that factored into why he liked the GD-22s most?
  12. Plague Rat

Yeah, he says in the video his idea of 'best' is the most versitile, so I guess that makes sense in a way.

For TR I personally use the TMG-50 as well because everything else has a ROF that's too darn high for me to use accurately at range. It also helps that it's the most NC-like TR gun so it puts me in my comfort zone.

I'm honestly surprised that he didn't go with the Anchor over the GD-22s if that's the direction he was going it. Both take all the same upgrades, and have the same mag size, but the Anchor has a slightly better rate of fire, faster projectiles, and reloads faster. But I guess that first-shot kick was enough to make it lose points for it's long range function that put the GD-22s ahead in his book.

The directional recoil is actually a selling point for some, myself included in a few cases. It makes it easier for the player to have a direct impact on their weapon's recoil because it can be more easily compensated for since it's mostly in one direction, and once you get used to doing so you can maintain a pretty tight firing cone even at ranges beyond where the weapon would normally be used. Whereas weapons with 'balanced' recoil kick left and right equally, so there's not much a player can do to influence the shot spread caused by the recoil beyond use of attachments.
  13. ladiesop

I think he's saying the up/right recoil is much more predictable than the left/right recoil, which is random. So you can compensate for up/right, but there's almost nothing you can do with left/right as you can't predict the random direction as easily.
  14. TheBloodEagle

Really surprised about the TMG-50. I really think you give up versatility with it, and is a cheap knock off NC weapon, and especially loses our main supposed trait of ROF. I think you kill faster, more efficiently and more accurately with something else. I'd say the T32 is in a better position between all the LMGs. In the end though, the Carv still wins out for me, even with all the weapons I own. But either way at least all of us can decide on what we like best, and of course this his just his own opinion and preference too.
  15. Dreadnaught Wrex

Personally, I cant stand the CARV. I think it is a terrible gun even in CQC. But I love the TMG-50. And in case you say "Then go play NC etc." The everything about the TR is great, except their guns for me.

PS. Not assuming anything, just a precautionary statement.
  16. Kyutaru

One man's God gun is another man's garbage.

Don't adhere to anything you read on the forums, just test the guns out yourself to figure out which is your best gun.
    • Up x 2
  17. Cookiepiledriver

I use the GD-22s sometimes, but only when I feel like having fun and not dealing with recoil. If you have any kind of skill with dealing with recoil, the NC6, Anchor and EM6 are vastly superior.

As an iron sights man, yoghurt, it doesn't even cater to you with its ****** closed circle garbage.

As for the TR recommendation: Yes, please, use the TMG-50. Use it. I beg you. The MSW-R is a terrible weapon. Terrible, I say.
    • Up x 1
  18. HerpTheDerp

NC: Anchor
    TR: MSW-R
    VS: Doesn't matter, they're all OP

Sadly I don't make videos so my opinions are just that, not gospel
  19. Mr. Troffleops

For what its worth I think the MSW-R is utterly worthless in a variety of situations. Sure its really useful in CQC, but with an LMG, you will never be able to take on the high ROF carbines 1 on 1. It is pretty pointless as a squad support weapon, with such a small magazine, and its lack of any range whatsoever makes it a liability during outdoor fights.

As for the video, I don't agree with his TR choice. As I understood him, he was making choices based on versatility. The Pulsar LSW fits this perfectly and is a fantastic all-around LMG. Great choice, but then he moved to the TMG-50 which imho isn't a good all-around gun. It goes directly against the TR strengths (big mag, high ROF) and instead apes the NC strategy, but not as well. The 50 cannot beat a Gauss Saw, so its not even all that good at what it sets out to do. IMHO, the 50 was a bad choice on his part. I'd rather he gone with one of the Carvs. They are excellent weapons in ALL situations. Unlike the 50, which to be frank, is pretty bunk up close. Both the T-9 and the Carv S are extremely versatile and are a much better choice for a variety of situations.

I havn't played NC extensively, so I can't comment on his choice there.
  20. Quor

No, I saw it.

But let's be honest, this is the internet here. People will cite anything as "evidence" of something in a game being best or worst.

Plus there's the issue brought up by a couple of others regarding the recoil and whether or not he took that into comparison when he made the video. I find diagonal upward recoil to be about as easy to deal with as back-and-forth upward recoil, but others have differing opinions as far as their personal tastes go.

I'm just really leery of calling anything the "best" without a hefty addition of qualifiers. For instance, the CARV is the "best" starter LMG if you're a person who prefers high fire rate, reasonable controllability, and is willing to trade lower strength at range for higher strengths up close.

Meanwhile, the EM6 is a great all-around gun, but is outperformed in almost all areas by other NC weapons. It makes up for this with a plethora of attachments, both ammo types and the fact that it's a dream to control it compared to some of the other options.

More specifically, I find it hard to equate "most versatile" as "best." There's gotta be more qualifiers there, the guns in this game can't really be distilled down like that imo.