LevelCap's best LMG for each faction. Includes VIDEO.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Feb 15, 2013.

1. IntergalacticYoghurt

Yeah I agree about the extended mags. Even just an extra 25 bullets would be amazing.

But regarding the SAW S vs EM6, I found the following (excluding the obvious data from the easy to read spreadsheet):

- Both have RECOIL_HORIZONTAL_MINIMUM's and RECOIL_HORIZONTAL_MAXIMUM's of 0.175 (Orion is 0.2 and CARV is 0.225).
    - SAW S has RECOIL_HORIZONTAL_TOLERANCE of 0.6. EM6 has 0.7. I'm unsure what this stat means.
    - RELOAD_CHAMBER_TIME differs. SAW S is 865ms, EM6 is 1080ms.
    - There's an 'ANIMATION_KICK_MAGNITUDE' stat which differs significantly. SAW S has 40, and EM6 has 10.
    - SAW S has a RECOIL_INCREASE of 0.1, compared to EM6's 0.
    - Similarly, SAW S has a RECOIL_INCREASE_CROUCHED of 0.05, to EM6's 0.
    - SAW S has a RECOIL_RECOVERY_DELAY of 104ms. EM6 has 100ms.
    - SAW S has a REFIRE_TIME of 104ms. EM6 has 100ms.

..And that's it.
  2. Zaik

Both would appear to have a horizontal recoil min/max of 0.175, which is the same for the GD-22S and Anchor. Might also be the same for the SAW actually, which makes me wonder if this method of finding it is actually accurate.

The "RECOIL_HORIZONTAL_TOLERANCE" is 0.7 on the EM6 and 0.6 on the Gauss SAW S. I don't know what that represents though.
  3. NietCheese

Unless you want to die to Carv 9 spamming TR heavies all day you have to use a GD-22 or the Anchor. End of story really.

I didn't see the TMG coming, I thought it would be the Carv for sure.
  4. Novmiech

The TMG-50 and Gauss Saw S are seriously almost the same guns; except that the Gauss S has more attachment options.
    If the TMG was the best TR weapon I can't fathom how they felt the Gauss S wasn't the best NC gun. (Unless they are suggesting the NC have several weapons better than the TR's best, which I really find hard to believe.)
  5. IntergalacticYoghurt

Exactly what I thought Novmiech. I suppose he did rate the GD-22s higher than the TMG-50, which means he probably feels both SAW S and EM6 are better than the TMG-50 too?
  6. OddChelsea

Personally I absolutely love the TMG-50 and I can see why LevelCap does too. I wont claim it's the best TR gun for all situations but it's a very good gun all the same. Others may be better for pure close quarters combat but I am going to have a different weapon for those situations anyways. For the most part the TMG-50 deals with almost all of the situations I run into and it deals with them very well. This is of course all a matter of preference. I enjoy harder hitting and slower firing weapons to rate of fire, only reason I joined TR was due to friends. I had been wishing for a more NC like gun, got the TMG-50 and now I am happy as can be. I can get the feeling of an NC LMG which I wanted, while being able to play my chosen faction and main.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I figured I wasn't going to respond to a "Best weapon" thread anymore, but I finally got over myself;
    I found a certain bit of amusement in the assessment of the LSW, constantly thinking "The Polaris does that better".
    I figure it should be mentioned that both those LMGs have a rather drastic sideways recoil, but it is sideways instead of randomly jumbled.
    High quality video in any case.
  8. Jarek

Great video as usual with LC, but I think it would have been better titled "Favorite LMGs" instead of "Best LMGs". 'Best' can be very subjective and really depends on a person's preferences and playstyle.

I do love the GD-22s myself and it handles beautifully, but as I've gotten better at the game I find I have better results with the SAW - even though it's more annoying to control than the GD, as I've gotten better at controlling recoil I find it more powerful. That said, I still love my trusty GD as it just feels right.

I am tempted to try the Anchor since it's mostly an upgraded GD - does anyone with experience with both have an opinion on how much the first shot recoil makes a difference? I trialed it a few weeks ago but I can't even remember now how different it felt.
  9. IntergalacticYoghurt

Well, very different for me.. But I am running the GD-22s with foregrip and Anchor with advanced laser. I'm honestly turning against advanced lasers on LMG's. When I have a spare 100 certs I'll try it. But I will say that the first shot recoil feels quite significant. I can imagine it being an issue at longer distances in comparison to the GD-22s.
  10. Deathrus

For the VS- My two favorite are the SV-88 and Flare.
  11. Lexicon

I think soe have done a good job, balance wise, of giving the other factions some long range options; I really like the vs ursa and also the tr tmg50. The ursa is so underrated, accurate as hell.
  12. Flaeb

MSW-R for the TR, hands down.
  13. Cookiepiledriver

I have to think LevelCap hates TR, because I've never gotten so many kills against TR than I have recently due to the fact that they're packing TMG-50's in lieu of MSW-R's/CARV's

Yes, buy your TMG-50. VS and NC need your certs.

Thank you LevelCap and thanks to the morons who took him seriously on TR.
  14. FnkyTwn

I see what you're trying to do here. You're getting tired of being killed by a weapon you hadn't seen as much of before. The TMG-50 is indeed the sweet spot between the SAW and the Orion.

I've actually been getting killed by a lot more TMG-50s lately. And i've used the gun extensively and would agree that its the best 'all around' TR LMG. It's not the best for absolutely every situation, but it does well enough in all situations to be picked as the best all around. It is a mid to long range monster.

You should cert one out before you judge it, and I doubt you're able to tell which gun the guy was carrying you just killed, so this just reeks of sour persimmons. :rolleyes:
  15. pnkdth

The amount of people in this thread who operate by the under the assumption if you think a weapon is the best of its kind then everyone must think this weapon is the best weapon of its kind is rather suprising. One would have thought more people had realised there is a lot of different playstyle and a lot of the weapons in this game actually are sidegrades.

Then again, quite a lot of people on these boards do not know how to read the stats in this game and will arrive at the most baffling conclusions.

TL DR; Stop assuming your favourite weapons needs to be everyone else's favourite weapon.
  16. Cookiepiledriver

No, you don't, because I don't get killed by the TMG-50, but the CARV/MSW-R. I wasn't being sarcastic. I am making fun of how bad his recommendation is. The GD-22S isn't as bad, but it is still a terrible recommendation. Any NC worth their salt knows that the EM6 is the best all around gun.

Still can't believe people are actually taking his word as gospel; it just goes to show how sheep-like people can be.

That's because more people are using them.

That's the SAW. The TMG-50 is a worse version of the GD-22S.. ironically another great recommendation from the Cap.

Yeah.... right.
  17. FnkyTwn

Such a negative nancy. The TMG-50 is nothing like the GD-22s, so obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. And while the EM6 is 'good' at various roles, it doesn't shine in any specific category. I have the EM6 and ditched it after a day for the SAW. Fully certed SAW (in the right hands) is an amazing weapon and I'm honestly surprised he didn't recommend it, but it doesn't seem to suit his style which is to always be on the offense.

I've gone through your posting history and honestly.. you're a pretty negative dude. Not a lot of sunshine in anything you have to contribute. Ever. As cynical as I am, I'm more a glass-half-full kinda guy next to you somehow.

And nobody is taking LC's 'word as gospel'. He made a youtube video and somebody made a thread about it, and then people have gone back and forth on the merits of his recommendations. You should read the thread you're commenting in. It's only 4 pages.

I for one never even thought about using the Pulsar LSW, but I bought it this morning and am completely surprised by how effective it is at close to medium range. I own the SVA-88 and Flare and apparently the Pulsar LSW is now going to be my default LMG.

Also I only run the TMG-50 on my TR (you should trial it at least) and the SAW on my NC. I go back and forth between the TMG-50 and SAW as most effective LMG... I love them both in different situations.
  18. Gary

So the best all round LMG for the TR is the one closest to the NC style weapons.
  19. Cookiepiledriver

Pretty sure the spreadsheet says differently: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IU1NKenEzNzZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&type=view&gid=12

Same RoF, Damage, Bloom per shot, comparable recoil on first shot (important for range), very slightly worse CoF moving, same stationary, slightly higher bullet velocity (holds for almost all factions vs. NC)

No, going through my posting history doesn't intimidate me either. Since you haven't posted anything intelligent, I'll just extrapolate that .. a bit.. and put you on ignore.

Have a nice life.
  20. FnkyTwn

You have truly wounded me! Good day sir!

I don't care that you've read the stats incorrectly.. but its just goofy to think that the TMG-50 is anything like the GD-22s, and if you had ever bothered to use both of them (even on a trial), you'd easily know this already. Your arguments are goofy and your posting history tends to show that you're an unintentional troll... which is just sad. At least know that you're a troll instead of actually being one and having no clue.

It's dumb that you're in a thread laughing at the TMG-50 when you've never even used one.