[Suggestion] Let's talk about phoenix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kshatriya, Dec 20, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

See, now we are getting somewhere,
  2. Prudentia

if you had paid attention i've already suggested the boost for the end of the flight of the phoenix multiple times.
  3. LordKrelas

Well if you paid attention, you'd notice I've had this argument thrice, mentioned how the spawn-firing needs to be fixed, but the Phoenix is suicidal compared to any other ES launcher or Rocket-Launcher repeatedly.
    And Demigan also had suggested the same.

So, it's not as if it's one-sided failure to read is it.
  4. Desertmind

Genuine question as someone who doesn't play NC: what's stopping you from setting up half a squad of Phoenixes inside a building and having the other half of the squad defend them? The spawn room is way easier, of course, but I don't think that necessarily means it's the only way for it to be practical.
  5. Prudentia

because that would require coordination on the levels of a lancer squad and NC aren't great with that. with the track record NC have they'd just shoot each other after 30seconds.
  6. LordKrelas

The fact, it's far more effective to pull other launchers for the entire squad, allowing all 12 to be engaged at once.
    Rather than have 6 people guarding 6 others, whom can be outmatched by singular engineers.

So 12 people, to have 6 rockets, that can be out-repaired by 1-3 engineers.
    While having the effective firepower of 6-8 people for the price of 12.
    Most of us are bright enough to realize how simple it is to kill a group of 12, that have only 6 guns.

That is why.

Lancer Squads of 12, have the firepower of 12 people, with LMGs, Lancers, and Sidearms - all can fire Lancers, without risk.
    Phoenix squads of 12 have the firepower of 6 people with LMGs & Sidearms, and 6 people with Phoenixes - Only when one half isn't firing, does it have equal might to a pure LMG squad.

So yeah.
    After all, I don't see Lancers needing to guard each other, due to inability to switch weapons.
    Phoenixes? yes.
  7. Prudentia

Lancers also require constant healing and rezzing even at best of times because they are in direct line of sight of the enemy.
  8. LordKrelas

Only while firing.
    At least they can move, see, hear, and shoot at all times.
    But literally though, you are arguing that the Phoenix without the spawn-room, is better than a Lancer.
    As if a lancer could be out-repaired, let alone intercepted, by Engineers.
  9. Prudentia

Equip a Sniperrifle and you countered the Lancer
    • Up x 1
  10. LordKrelas

See the Phoenix, or have a repair-tool: You've countered the Phoenix.

This is a pointless argument.
    Refer to where in this thread where I talk about adjusting both weapons at the same time.
    I've basically had these arguments already.
  11. paleopterix

Brave Spawnroom "Warriors". No comment.
  12. paleopterix

No ****, sherlock? What about being at the receiving end of this crap, for a change? Would that change your perspective? I guess it would. So why don't they give all 3 factions this thingy, then, as an NS weapon???? I'm sure that after two days after being at the RECEIVING end of the phoenix, you'd all be screaming and cursing about it as I do now. Not to mention that all battles would be reduced to spawn-room to spawn-room useless sterile bombardments.
  13. LordKrelas

Once the bug is removed, the weapon becomes incredibly reduced, which it will.
    Once the spawn-capability is removed, the Phoenix will be the only weapon that forces the user without even a cancel, or ability to see, hear, or move, into a perfectly stationary position, with a rocket trail & sound to it -- without even the damage output to kill non-infils or be not out-repaired by 1 engineer.

So rather than just grind the weapon into oblivion, it gets the mentioned adjustments for the price of the random spawn-shield ignoring capability.

Since Strikers & Lancers don't cost all ability to move, for the inability to move, see, hear, and kill.
  14. paleopterix

Don't take it personal, but this is absolutely pure ********. The "life" of a phoenix missile is around 4-6 seconds. There are plenty of places a HA could hide and fire his missile during this time. Plus, he should have people around him to defend. But then, yes, he should at least look around to see if he is safe, so he could fire the second time. But no, you say that because the phoenix renders the player defensless for a few seconds, it is better that we let him stay safe in the spawn room? With the risk of repeating myself, how the hell (and what motivation would you have) to play a game where your only option is to continuously run, dodge or get hit, but cannot return fire to your opponent? What kind of masochistic gameplay is this? Do you even realize this is FRUSTRATING for the other players????
  15. AISkander

People forget that having a lancer gets the HA defensless for the charge time. 3 seconds
    • Up x 1
  16. paleopterix

I always see you reference strikers and lancers, although they are absolutely in other league compared to the phoenix, because IN OREDER TO SHOOTH THEM, one has to SEE DIRECTLY the target, and most of the time to EXPOSE HIMSELF. But, anyway, let's remove ALL THREE OF THEM, for the sake of the gameplay!!! Is that OK for you? Because, from my perspective, it would be infinitely better than the actual situation!
  17. paleopterix

I only played as VS, so why is it that you won't see me complaining about TR strikers too? BECAUSE THEY DON'T BREAK the gameplay, that's why!
  18. Prudentia

... ok wow have you even used the phoenix before? Just press E to exit the phoenix and you canceled it...
    • Up x 3
  19. LordKrelas

...Did you fail to read the "for the price of"?
    and the fact I've been literally saying remove the spawn-room capability, for making the weapon practical?
    No? oh right, that wouldn't work for your arguments, and hatred.

Do you play ESF's?
    If you did, you'd likely feel the striker.

You just can't help yourself.
  20. Campagne

Being on the receiving end would change absolutely nothing. As I've said before, the Phoenix is easily the most avoidable weapon in the game.

The slow and lethargic projectile cannot turn well enough to hit a maneuverable target nor can it fly fast enough to hit a fast moving vehicle. It can be dodged in ten different ways without any diffculty.

It's rockets can also be shot sending them flying off and likely into terrain. This is not a difficult shot, I've done it myself with the TR's 6x semi-auto rifle from long range.

It truly cannot be overstated: Use the Phoenix yourself before commenting on the weapon's perceived performance. If nothing else you'll learn how to dodge the orbs.
    • Up x 1