[Suggestion] Let's talk about phoenix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kshatriya, Dec 20, 2017.

1. LordKrelas

It's suicide on infantry to use outside of a room of invulnerability.
    And chain-guns, and long-range AV, followed by infinite ammo are also faction-locked.

An harasser could move while that thing fires.
    Killing off one of the main flaws with the infantry one.
  2. FateJH

Technically, "guided" is the operative mechanic. Ravens, for example.
    The Vehicle MANA turret is the commonality.
  3. KaletheQuick

I don't mean wire/laser guided. I mean camera guided, like the Phoenix.

Yeah, the harasser idea was on the spot, not a great idea.

I'm not sure what aspect of chain guns is a unique mechanic. They shoot like other guns after a spin up time, right?
    What long range AV do you mean?
    Yes, I would be all for infinite ammo showing up in other factions, that could be interesting.

I really like arms races. When we got faction specific 'replies' to the harasser Vulcan it was super cool! You could do something similar to explore the possibility space left by the coded mechanics without coding anything new, and do it in lore with cool flavor.

Want a counter to the lancer? Give the TR heavy a high velocity rocket launcher who's damage increases over range. Could be cool. I think a counterpart to the lasher should be done, tiny rocket/grenade launcher to pelt an area with low AOE. Give some other factions nanite based bottomless magazines. You can take the same mechanic and apply it in a different way to make new fresh stuff!
  4. LordKrelas

Some chain-guns have Spin-up which ramps the RPM up but starts slow: It's usually a PITA.

Long-range AV: Saron, Lancer, and the like.

VS usually gets very venomous about infinite Ammo, and the nature of VS's infinite ammo usually results in exceedingly tactical capabilities of the weapons involved.

That Example given, basically beats the Lancer -- since the distance of the shot will ensure it either scores equal or harder to the Lancer which had to charge.
    AOE spam... is murderous, let alone in infantry fights, just saying.

But we do have a lot of mechanics.
    And hopefully more, for some more interesting fights \ tools \ weapons.
    • Up x 1
  5. KaletheQuick

Yeah, I just think it would be really fun to explore new ideas with the mechanics and code in there already in new and interesting ways.

I have been waiting for someone, ANYONE to do the "rocket damage increase over range" thing. Because it speeds up the longer it's in flight you see :D

Healing guns (with enemy fire)
    Specialized ammunitions, light EMP effect less damage, slow effects. Idk, it's late, i'm out of ideas.