Let me Keep my old Saron and make this "new one" a seperate weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cortosis, May 22, 2013.

1. NoctD

I saw the patch notes and went - they did WHAT?! with the Saron/Enforcer.

Turn them into weak spammy spray and pray weapons.

:eek: :confused:
  2. Haterade

So, it wasn't OP, and the nerf is unnecessary--but people are going to quit the game because they can't farm infantry anymore? Am I getting that right?

Let the ******** flow.
  3. Hunter_Killers

The complaint was that there was no NS variant of the Vulcan. It easily beat every other weapon you could stick on the Harasser in TTK. Getting into optimal range isn't exactly a problem with racer/turbo. It didn't really have anything to do with the pre-existing weapons.

But this is SOE we're talking about.
  4. Wasdie

Same with the ML85. First time I've ever really questioned a change in this game. Why were these weapon's functionality completely changed?
    • Up x 1
  5. Bindlestiff

I don't have much exposure to what arsenal the NC or TR have so I'll take your word for it. If that is the case then SOE should be adding weapons to NC / TR that do exactly that, not bastardise a perfectly good weapon. You say not to be frustrated but it is kind of hard when you spend 700SC on something and then way down the line you get hammered with a complete change of direction. We're not talking ROF or damage nerfs here, this is fundamentally changing the way the gun behaves. I like the example that was made of a bolt action being changed to semi-auto; imagine the outcry if someone bought the Parallax / Longshot / <insert other one here as I don't know it> yesterday and then found out today that actually, it isn't a single high powered bolt action any more. There is no difference from what I am seeing.
    • Up x 1
  6. zib1911

If you and your gunnner are so "skilled" then now with 6 shots you can do almost 1k more damage, if anything you should be excited....unless you really don't have any skill?
    • Up x 2
  7. The King

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You're just talking out of your behind with no clue on anything.

And besides, the dude is mad he cannot kill people who are AFK anymore, however, you can still do it with the halbred.
    And if his gunner were to shoot at me, he'd miss 99.9% of the time. Especially if his tank is moving.
  8. QuakerOatsMan

The lancer (and vortex) works well against AV MANA turrets. So do infiltrators against the engies. Post-patch, even the saron will still be able to easily snipe off the turrets. (Halberds work well against AV turrets too). You can snipe out the AV MANA turrets and repair before they do enough significant damage to you. And if you're facing "too many" MANA turrets at once, that just means you're in the wrong place. Why are you so far ahead without any cover?

The funniest thing is that TR doesn't have the lancer, vortex, saron, raven, nor the phoenix. So how do you think they deal with AV MANA turrets? No one said you had to kill AV turrets from a tank.
    The only things that were keeping the saron in check were its fire delay and its current 250 m/s velocity. Otherwise, it's a no-drop RL, similar to the lancer's versatility in being able to hit everything (AI, AV, AA) depending on the user's aim, except that it can one-shot infantry and has greater zoom. Tell me why a weapon should be so versatile. It becomes especially problematic when the weapon has no drop.
  9. HellasVagabond

I agree with you but obviously SOE will not be changing the other guns to make them better so their only alternative was to nerf the Saron.

I too bought the Phoenix prior to the nerf just for the heck of it (used it like 5 times total) and they nerfed it so my SC went out the window. Well nothing i can do about it so it's ok.

We are here to have fun that's all that matters and slight modifications like this are not enough to ruin that (they can make it worse but not ruin it entirely).
  10. Halon

Maybe the new saron will be better at killing pogoing light assault lone wolfs that make 2 man tanks run like little babies?

I feel like they are trying to flatten out the range advantages across MBTs, maybe my mag will be able to engage vanguards a little closer, but it looks doubtful.
  11. mindburst

1. It's really not the same, with a Saron i can find small holes in rocks and trees to shoot at enemy armor from long distance.

2. You're the troll, im talking about the long range engagements, not the close ones. And i realize the no other faction has a weapon like the Saron, however no other faction has the TR's anchor mode. No other faction has the NC's tank armor and and armor ability. It's all about the overall balance, i'm not sure the magriders are gonna fare any worse with the changed Saron, BUT you shouldnt mess so much with the most popular secondary for an entire faction.

3. I'm not quitting the game, Cortosis is a little more riled up than me, and im the one using the Saron. Why are you defending SOE? changing a weapon so fundamentally is pretty awful.
    • Up x 1
  12. Vixxing

If all factions should have access to all weapons where is my VS-main tank gun with sniper rifle drop and speed i can use for 1shotkilling ESF (like both TR and NC got? Wheres my VS cameraguided sunderer-destroyer i can fire from inside spawnshields? Why cant my new MAX AV- weapons kill infantery in less than 1 seconds as both TR and NC does? And why does my anihilator works 1/3 as well as TR's does?
  13. Morpholine

The next update, they'll give the Saron a charge-up mechanism so it will officially be a tank-mounted Lancer.
  14. vrcarnage

I think the most goofy thing about all of the tank / type guns is anything that is made to kill a tank should 1 shot infi period. As it stands now other mbt's pose no threat to me @ all.

When I engage in tank to tank fights I constantly have to keep my eyes out for someone that is either going to try to c4 / mine / av turret / rocket launcher me.

Since you are the saron gunner I am sure you know that in heavy combat situations its moderately hard to hit a moving soldier. So imo if you land a direct shot that soldier should be dead w/ no questions asked.

So I don't like the fact that the soldiers now have to be hit 3 times. 2 is bad enough three is highly questionable.

I think they should revisit this. I don't mind some of the changes or even the close dps changes but, the 3 shot infi is a bit stupid since it's made to take out tanks.
  15. Andy79

the window of opportunity to either kill or do great damage before the enemy escapes is important

changing an alpha strike weapon into the current iteration makes it a completely different weapon

would have been nice to get some solid reasoning for the massive change, fail in communication
    • Up x 1
  16. TripleAych

There is also the possibility that SOE does not straight up want to give you a sniper rifle secondary.
    That is why they gave you the delay.
  17. Blitzkrieg

Don't worry OP. You can keep your old Saron. It's called the Halberd, get one of those and you have a Saron.
  18. Zcuron

After logging on and trying it, with the current CoF it's unusable at "full auto" for any range.

50% more dps for 50% miss rate, seems they've got this one "balanced" very well.

I'll make a quick video;

If the video doesn't work;
    Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/zcuron/b/406798657
  19. Osskscosco

TR has a spammy spray and pray weapon too so finally they are more balanced.
  20. The King

They don't really have that amazing skill. Anyone can hit an infantry if they're not moving at all.
    They're not hitting people who are moving like everyone else in the game.
    Besides, with the halbred, which moves faster without a delay killed the people just fine at far range.
    Oh, it has a slight drop...
    Ummm, aim slightly higher... Nothing really changed. Every faction could do the same as the VS using the Saron.

Now, we don't have a weapon that is nearly 100% like the Halbred.. It's different and it was needed. And some dude said a Saron on a harasser is OP in his opinion, ROFL. No it isn't. Halbred does it better... THe Saron is the most boring weapon to use on a harasser.
    Yeah, it can reload slightly faster than the halbred, but that delay.. The halbred would kill vehicles more reliably than the saron while you're on the move.. The Saron is a single player weapon. The driver would get bored..
    • Up x 1