LaunchPad unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zultanath, Jan 9, 2013.

1. o_oNmKo_o

I also cannot connect today. I havent changed anything except updating windows last night.

Even with firewalls off it doesnt work. So it must be on their end, or they have a new launcher we need to d/l??
  2. BadLizzard

Also having this issue from Chicago area, comcast ISP, although given the traceroute info posted by others it has nothing to do with our ISP's and more to do with SOE.
  3. maShine

But not all providers have own infrastructure in their market. They buy the infrastructure from someone else.

And dont forget you have to buy traffic at other countries.

For example: Someone from nothern germany gets a routing over amsterdam and london to the US. And someome from southern germany gets a routing over frankfurt and paris to the US. Both use the same provider. If you have some trouble in Frankfurt because of too much traffic oder a broken cable. Customers from southern germany cant reach US sites. Customers from nothern Germany have no problems. But you cant route all customers from soutern germany over amsterdam because you bought a limited bandwidth. You have to choose "problems with 50% of your customers" or "problems with 100% of your customers".

If think your ISP cant route or needs to much time to the lauch pad server.
  4. Fael

Same issue here

Who is your ISP ?
    Free (France)
    - What is the make & model of your router/modem/hybrid device ?
    Freebox revolution
    - Type of connection (Wireless/Wired) ?
    Wired

The https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/ trick works however
  5. Fluffer

6. metrotw

7. Scowl

I'm launching the Everquest launcher just fine with my ISP...it's an issue specific to the PS2 launch pad on THEIR end...
  8. maShine

Perhaps this if you have DNS Server Problems

https://64.37.171.24/ps2/live/ ?

Its the IP from lp.soe.com. You will get a warning because the IP has no ssl certificat. The ssl certificat is only for soe.com
  9. Assist

Having the same problem, just got home from work. First time I've ever had this issue.
  10. metrotw

doesn't help either but thanks.
  11. Zendule

12. RadarX

We appreciate everyone's continued patience as we have been narrowing down the issue. It's only affecting a portion of you guys but in a very big way.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nocturnal7x

Add me to the list of people screwed by this. Online launcher is a no go since can't point it to the correct directory...
  14. Nocturnal7x

Some people were having issues with this, myself included. I just got it to work. After logging in it DLs a thing, close the tab, re open the tab and it should just let you click play :p It did for me anyway.
  15. Sh0ckwavez

16. ev0 8u

i redownloaded the launcher and chose repair option, worked, but then after logging off i can't get right back on
  17. Quickscope

Add me to the list.

from ohio and have comcast

I did have a windows update last night before i went to bed might have somethin to do with it.
  18. Rainproof

Add me to those receiving the "LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. (4-404)" error. I guess what makes this really annoying is that I've been playing since the beta (up to this morning) and now I have problem? Bummed!
  19. GhostFalcon

The online launcher worked for me (thanks @ chat support)

Keep the link alive: https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/

Running the game on steam from germany.
  20. Rhombus

No Lame Excuses...FIX the Freakin' thing!!!!!