LaunchPad unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zultanath, Jan 9, 2013.

1. AmaliaLaCroix

maybe removing all regristry entries done by PS2 may help?
  2. Toxah

for me .. the google dns fix the problem ... nice .. it seems its working now ... thx
  3. Shiaari

That's not the problem. It won't reinstall because it installs from Launchpad, that is where the game download begins.

If Launchpad won't connect, asset validation doesn't work, reinstall/repair doesn't work... nothing works. Until Launchpad can connect again game is broken.
  4. GlirkDient

Steam installs without the launcher.
  5. Crywalker

Got the error several times, got in, crashed 5 mins into playing and froze my computer. Restart computer and...it's back.
  6. Rob B

Connection Information:
    - Who is your ISP ?
    Comcast
    - What is the make & model of your router/modem/hybrid device ?
    Webstar Modem with a Netgear: n600 Router
    - Type of connection (Wireless/Wired) ?
    Wired
    - DSL, Cable or Fiber ?
    Cable
    - Download and upload speeds?
    Ping 18; Down: 34.76 Mbps; Up: 6.34 Mbps
    -Where exactly during the launcher process are you currently running into this issue ?
    Launching through steam, launcher opens then I get the error.
  7. Shiaari

So you're telling me I have to get Steam in all it's sucky glory to get my game back?

I hate Steam, I hate EA, and I hate this.
  8. AmaliaLaCroix

yeah you can use steam to install it, then after finishing the download just install, if you have your account with Pro7games like i do, the Pro7G launcher into the directory to which steam downloaded it ( for example /steam/steamapps/username/common/planetside2)

have? no, steam is still less greedy then EA and this is not the place to rage, we gave you an option and you shouldnt complain about it, afterall they are working on it and will try to get it up in less then an hour
  9. {joer

No its busted with steam too.

Had this error today at noon. Finally got in, have it now 5 hours later. Grrr.
  10. Shiaari

Yeah well, I uninstalled.

Fix it or I ain't coming back.

Epic fail.
  11. AmaliaLaCroix

• Up x 1
  12. Malacca

There has already been a workaround stated in this thread (several actually), and the developers have stated (also in this thread) that they are working on it right now. People just complaining without reading previous pages, or just demanding instant refunds etc. are doing nothing but creating more work and aggravation. It's not a blood transfusion, it's a videogame. Do some basic research and chillax, people.
  13. Shotgunjoe

Calm the eff down, it just started happening and they have already said twice that the fix will be in under an hour from now in this very thread. Stop whining.
    • Up x 2
  14. Sizzlor

Worked for me too.
  15. Skadi

Its their new balance fix, removing everything therefore removing the problems.
    ERHMAHGERD THERE A ISSUE WITH THE LAUNCHER /RAGEQUIT
    Seriously people are leaving over the fact the game is down for acouple hours? what is this a WoW Expac release night?
  16. Muerte_LOL

Had the same trouble...Use this link; https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/ and login there. It will give you an error and be unable to use it if you are using internet explorer 64 bit...it don't like it. I used firefox and had no trouble..hope this helps.
  17. Jonesing25

I was stuck on this problem for about 1 hour and then I logged out of steam and connected just fine - hope this helps.
  18. Crywalker

19. Leorwin

Using the Google DNS instead of the DNS server provided by my ISP (1&1/Arcor) did solve the problem.
    I was able to reproduce the error by switching back to my default DNS server.
    Seems like faulty entries on some DNS servers might be the cause of those connection problems.
  20. RadarX

Actually folks we've updated the launcher with a fix we believe should have resolved this issue. Please let us know if you are still having trouble.
    • Up x 3