LaunchPad unable to connect.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zultanath, Jan 9, 2013.

1. takshie

- Who is your ISP ?
    PLDT
    - What is the make & model of your router/modem/hybrid device ?
    XyZEL Router (came with the internet plan from PLDT)
    - Type of connection (Wireless/Wired) ?
    WIRED
    - DSL, Cable or Fiber ?
    DSL
    - Download and upload speeds (ping, dl, ul; can check this by going to http://speedtest.net/ ) ?
    33ms , 1Mbps , 0.53Mbps
    -Where exactly during the launcher process are you currently running into this issue ?

Right after the launcher window opens it says "
    LaunchPad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit http://www.soe.com/help for assistance.
    (4-404)"

I start the game via Steam, I also run as admin.

I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM SINCE I STARTED PLAYING RIGHT AFTER OFFICIAL RELEASE OF PLANETSIDE 2
  2. takshie

Bump.. to help me find a solution..
  3. takshie

ok, i tried this:
    https://lp.soe.com/ps2/live/

Loged in, blah,blah,blah...!

Flash pops up, then game does not start!

I short this ^ does not work..
  4. takshie

P.s. if you did notice i'm an oceanic player..
  5. takshie

really this is not working for me.. can i get some assistance... i also tried the DNS thing of Google with no results..

I still can't play..
  6. takshie

Thanks a bit to ticket techsupport..
    Just follow me steps, hope this helps people that get the same problem..

Ok I went to the "launchpad.libs" folder and deleted the "launchpad.cache" folder and still got the same message like before.n short didn't work

But i downloaded the "https://launch.soe.com/installer/PS2_setup.exe"
    I launched the launchpad and it stared updating(working). But I already have the game installed on steam so what I did was I went to the directory of the game on the new(non-steam) directory. and copied all the assets (mainly the launchpad stuff) from
    "C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\PlanetSide 2"
    And paste these assets to my steam planetside 2
    "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2"

after doing so the launchpad on my steam planetside 2 ran as normal..

Thanks for the help, I new it was an asset problem maybe the Launchpad.exe (not sure)
    you guys will find it out.

Thanks again for the set-up.
    Cheers problem solved
  7. Germanius_GER

8. LeInternet

I have had this problem since January and it is still going on for me, the updated lancher did not work, deleting the cache did not work, the browser dosen"t even launch! I tried checking everything on my firewall, vertifying on my steam cache, uninstalling and installing, the method takshie gave, spamming windows till on connects, I tried using tunnelbear as I saw in a video, ran as admin, did everything but with no luck. Wish this would really fix. I am sick of spending countless hours trying to find one soulution.
    • Up x 1
  9. Marinealver

I am getting this message instead.
    [IMG]
    It was playing fine with a little lag (which is expected considering playing on EU server from Japan) but now I keep getting this message. I went through the extreme of uninstalling the program and deleting the files in the registry and download it again from the website.

Still no fix. :(
  10. Parity

Had a good response from tech support, and it seems to have solved my launchpad issue:

If this does not resolve your issue please reset your Internet options by following these instructions: Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Click the Advanced Tab. On the Advanced Tab Afterward click Reset > Delete Personal Settings > and click Ok. Then go back on the Internet Options and on the advanced tab, scroll down to Security and un-check "Check Server Certificate Revocation" and "Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk" then click on Ok.
  11. dragonwinds

Well, I have had a really weird case of this, I got hit by uber buffed flak and my game uninstalled. I can't download things off the internet due to annoying firewalls. So I had a friend send me launchpad.libs and the launchpad.exe along with planetside2.exe, normally with other games this works, so I start up the launchpad and get the 4-404. Even with the odd manner of installation, the launchpad should allow me to download stuff. :eek:
  12. YouTorial

I never had this Problem. Now I resett my Computer, and I have this Problem.

Das LaunchPad konnte keine Verbindung herstellen. Überprüfe bitte die Netzwerkverbindung oder versuche es später noch einmal. Falls das Problem weiterhin bestehen bleibt, besuche bitte unsere Websitehttp://www.soe.com/help, um Hilfe zu erhalten.
  13. Zhakathoom

You do realize that servers are down for maintainance?

- Z
  14. Hectorvs

I have the connection problem since today both at the launchpad and the forum. And in both of these cases I can connect only if I try a lot of times. l changed the internet settings but didn't solve the problem...
  15. [HH]Mered4

I'm having this problem (4-404). Had to reset my Computer, and now I can't figure out what the hell the problem is. I am currently in communication with Tech Support, but nothing we've tried has worked so far.

EDIT: I also tried everything in this thread.
  16. khan21

I am using a Windows 8 Laptop with nvidia graphic card. When I run the game it says "Updating Components" then the game window shows up with "LaunchPad was unable to connect. Error code is (1-0) Please HELP I WANNA PLAY!:(