Just for fun: Best overall gun (carbine/LMG/Assault/SMG only)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. TeknoBug

If you're going to include heavy weapon and pistols it'd be Jackhammer and the new Desperado.
  2. Posse

Not exactly, the KPU is the average kills of each unique user of the weapons in those 37 hours, not the average number of kills they got per hour of use of that weapon. If a large part of the high BR players use, for example, the SVA-88 and the Orion, but they use the later for specific situations and the SVA-88 for most fights (which is quite likely considering the nature of each weapon), then they will have more kills with the SVA-88 making its KPU go higher than the Orion's, we need a kills per hour or K/D stat to bring definite conclusions of which weapon performs the best.
  3. LowTechKiller

After reviewing the spreadsheets again, it really looks to me like the SVA-88 is the best overall gun in these three categories. No surprise here.
  4. Littleman

I sense user error, more so than weapon incapability. The differences between the two are minimal, and it really comes down to one having an adv fore-grip, the other an adv. laser sight.

The T16 can't even use a 2x reflex, despite being the ranged oriented of the two.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dingus148

Not to mention the T5 AMC which completely outclasses the Jag
  6. rickampf

The NC6 is a monster. My loadout with it was renamed to GODSAW, i love this weapon and everything about it.
    Here is my NC baby https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428089602116678705, My main is Terran but i can give u all my TR LMGs for this weapon.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mxiter

o_O Depends your gameplay.
    Slight more recoil for better ROF and hip firing COF.
  8. Metallic123

Beamer - horrible - so depressing the few times it's murdered me.
  9. Taki

SMG - cyclone
    Carbine - GD7/VX6
    AR - HV/TAR/Carnage
    LMG - Saw
  10. NC_agent00kevin

11. TeknoBug

No really, ignore the spreadsheet specs of the two guns and compare them in real actual use, they both don't behave anything alike. Look back on posts in Feb, May when EM1 went on sale and a month or so when it went on sale again and you'll find a lot of rant about it, you won't find any negative postings about the T16 aside the lack of 2x (At one point BuzzCutPsycho specifically pointed this out to the reaon why he didn't want his outfit using it).

Here's one to start
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-em1-sucks.129060/
  12. Littleman

I DID use them both. Despite the stats being the same on the spreadsheet, the T32 kicks slightly harder than the T16 in my experience, so I know it's not 100% trustworthy. If I had to pick between the T16 and the EM1, I'd go EM1, because they both literally feel the same to me. I only pick the T32 over the T16 because I don't like feeling weak in CQC where many kills happen, and the T32 is no slouch in mid range where many more happen, plus the reload timing is nice (another perk in CQC.)
  13. deggy

I'm really fond of the HV-45 AR for VS Medic. It's like an SMG, but good.
  14. WarpNaccele

15. Jube

Stats are ok indicators but.....Unless these numbers are all from a single player they can't accurately answer the OP's question. In fact the question is asking for an opinion.
    And my opinion from a TR perspective is....The Jaguar without question.
  16. Mindjacker

Sounds like someone has no idead wtf he's talking about
  17. UNSCSpartan051

STOP WITH THE GOD SAW!!!!! The EM6 is where it's at. Freaking 200 rounds in a CQC enviroment? Yes Please. Able to do much longer bursts and maintain a smaller COF moving and overall smaller COF Bloom? Yes Please. What do I lose? 33 Dmg and 0 1st shot CoF. What do I gain? RoF, Reload speed, moar bullets , MOAR EVERYTHING!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: That there is a LMG better than the SAW?
  18. Kyouki

TR:
    Carbine: Trac-5
    Assault Rifle: T1 Cycler
    LMG: T9 Carv
    SMG:Hailstorm
  19. Kurohagane

It's because SOE wants to cater to the military-obsessed kid audience and name their weapons super duper 1337 random numbers and letters, kinda like in real life, but without the context of the whole history of developing the ******* guns which in turn makes it all ******* confusing.
  20. Necron

TR: Rams 50 - Reach out an touch someone... long distance
    NC: Gauss Saw - I blow big holes in yo face
    VS: H-V45 - OMG this gun is a terror
    NS: NS-15M - Good up close and at range