Just for fun: Best overall gun (carbine/LMG/Assault/SMG only)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Phrygen

Battle riflers are the worst weapons in the game, and the eidolon is the best BR anyway.
  2. Phrygen

apparently you like to hipfire
  3. AngryPlayer

Well for TR...

SMG:Eh... they all suck.
    Carbine: Jag
    AR: TAR, TRV used to be the best until they nerfed it.
    LMG: T16 imo the only thing it lacks is a 2x scope.
  4. gigastar

The AR is called Carnage BR, and the NC Battle Rifle is called Warden.
  5. Trebb

Just use my simple formula to find BestGun, works across factions:

If gun != UBGL on it,
    then
    gun != BestGun
  6. Phrygen

zomg, you are most certainly correct.

My apologies. :confused: i got confused.
  7. Ash87

Yep, confirmed what I was about to say: The Bull and Rhino.
  8. Phrygen

I see SVA-88 as clear winning from that.
  9. Ash87

I don't play VS, so I was just going off of what I would call best. The Bull and the Rhino are the best TR LMGs.

Your right though, SVA-88 by a wide margin.
  10. Epic High Five

This is easy as hell.

1) TAR

INSERT A HUGE GAP HERE

2) Gauss Rifle S
    3) BOSS SAW
    4) EM6 with exmags/supressor/HVA RAMBO LYFE
    5) Orion

SVA-88 is nice but it's divisive, myself being on the "don't like it" side. I can see why people do but I feel like the NS-15M kinda screwed it a bit by being basically the same gun but now for everybody.
  11. Adamar09

50 RPM and 20 less in the mag is hardly the "same gun".
  12. Epic High Five

And better damage degradation. Like I said, I can understand why it'd be on the top of someone's list. I just can't fall in love with mine like others have, I'm probably ruined by the SAW :( Honestly I don't like most of the VS weaponry, I'm just not a fire on the move kind of guy, I'm more of a move to a good spot to fire one (which is why NC is so great)

Ever since the ADAD fix made high ROF weapons hit more reliably at middle distances, I haven't been in a situation with my Orion that I would've wished I had the SVA-88 in. Flare with exmags though, that's where it's at.
  13. Posse

I'd say it has better results because it's easier to use, by now everyone probably knows I'm a diehard fan of the Orion (if not, then a quick look at my sig is more than enough :p), but I did try the SVA-88 (I have Auraxium on it) and I use it in specific situations, and my performance with both weapons is pretty much the same, they excel in different situations though, I find the SVA lacking for CQC.

Those stats are interesting anyway, since it discriminates by BR then you don't have the problem of the low BR people confounding the results, but it would be better to have a K/D or KPM stat for those weapons discriminating by BR, those would be much more useful numbers.
  14. Adamar09

That's what I've been running after the Polaris, and I've gotta agree. Gun feels great and can fire forever.
  15. Dis

People really prefer the TAR over the Cycler TRV? I must be missing something.

If I could only have one gun for a day it would have to be the SVA-88. Anyone seeing a pattern here?
  16. Sossen

You must literally be missing something - every shot you fire with that hunk of junk.
  17. Phrygen

spray and pray hipfire weapon. limited imho. Still great for that purpose as a medic.
  18. Astealoth

Actually I use 2x reflex on all 3 with foregrip SP and suppressor and ADS 99% of the time, I think I have like 10 hipfire kills in my PS2 career.
  19. Phrygen

the lynx can do fine with ADS.

The NS-7 is a simply a carbine with bad stats that a infiltrator can use. The MSR is... the hipfire lmg. Not sure why you choose these weapons if you want to ADS.
  20. TheShrapnelKing

I find it intriguing your first thought upon seeing my opinion of a weapon is to look through my stats to find evidence to somehow prove my opinion 'wrong'.