Just for fun: Best overall gun (carbine/LMG/Assault/SMG only)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Lagavulin

I'm enjoying the SVA-88 at the moment, but I'd still say Gauss Saw is hands down best. It's the only gun that really stands out.

Fantastic at anything over short range, and nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe at short range anyway! Takes about 5 minutes of game time to get used to - no more - and again it does far better not upgraded than you might think. Fully upgraded it's just great.
  2. Lagavulin

I'd agree with this - I wouldn't swap GD-7F or VX6-7 for the Jaguar. I don't think there's much at all between them though, but I find Jag slightly less good!
    • Up x 1
  3. WUNDER8AR

Best overall I would say NS-11A/ NS-15M. Viable at CQC due to .75 ADS movement and quick reload and good at med to longer ranges due to great accuracy and bullet velocity. Also attachements
  4. Megaman3300

In my opinion (and I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this) it's the T5-AMC. Why? It rewards high aim with the best recoil pattern of any carbine, the lowest recoil pattern of any carbine, and it has the fastest ROF of any sniping carbine at 652 rpm. Sure, it's only a 143 damage-tier weapon, but who cares when you can pull off consecutive headshots at 35m, and is accurate at 50m to 20 bullets of sustained fire.
  5. Lazaruz

Wish I could get my hands on the NC's Carnage BR or GR-22, either way that would make me a happy medic.
  6. Adamar09

TAR or VX6-7, unless you're playing on Nanite Systems or something.
  7. Lazaruz

The VX6-7 is a Carbine... And the TAR & TRV just don't feel/look/sound the same. I'd prefer the NC counterparts any day of the week.
  8. Visk

VS: VX6-7
    NC: AF-4 Cyclone
    TR: TAR
  9. lilleAllan

In my opinion. from playing all empires:
    AR: Gauss Rifle (with laser)
    LMG: SVA-88 (with foregrip)
    Carbine: Jaguar (with adv. laser)
  10. Cinnamon

Hip fire

Jaguar
    TAR
    Orion
    Blitz

Ads

Mercenary
    NS11-A
    Gauss SAW
    NS-7 PDW
  11. Kaon1311

Orion. Its the old Carv, but with less ammo, quicker reload and 0.75 movement modifier. Its a beast.
    • Up x 1
  12. P4NJ

Orion is pretty damn good, but my overall favorite is the T16 Rhino. Just needs a damn 2x scope...
  13. Mindjacker

Orion for above reasons by far (anyone that calls the guass the "Godsaw" should be ignored and beaten to death with a wet fish)
    • Up x 1
  14. Kitakami

If a new player asked me, "I'm going to buy one gun, and one gun only, which one?" I'd say:

The NS7-PDW. You can use it on all class, all characters in all factions. Unrivalled value for money.

A faction-specific SMG will be slightly better at close range, but not as good at medium range. So as your default "shoot anything" gun, the NS7-PDW is the way to go. And don't worry about long range; rarely happens, and the weapons are all equally ****e at long range (even the most powerful sniper rifle).

As an alternative, your faction's underbarrel GL carbine. Gauss Compact S, TRAC-5 S, or Solstice SF.

As a gun, these are no better than the starter carbines, but can attach an underbarrel grenade launcher, underbarrel shotgun, and fire semi, full-auto or 3rb. They can take high velocity ammo, soft point ammo, 4x scopes, compensators or suppressors, for a very varied playstyle and versatile weapon. Less value for money, since they can only be used by Light Assaults and Engineers of the one faction.
  15. Kociboss

It's quite interesting how much love TAR receives.

Ofc it's a matter of personal taste but I got over 4200+ kills with TAR and it always feels too jittery. Good gun but not my favourite.

If only TR had H-V45-like weapon (high rpm + recoil of a kitchen blender...Delicious ;] )
    • Up x 1
  16. Adamar09

Augh, meant the H-V45. At least statistically speaking it's basically identical to the 22.
  17. Posse

Orion of course.
  18. Astealoth

Best value to utility ratio: NS-7

Favorite overall... I'd say LC2 Lynx and MSW-R a close second
  19. Sinoby

My favorite is Gauss SAW on NC and MCG on TR (I just really like the idea of a chaingun).
  20. S1eB

Solstice SF is the best overall gun due to it being a good jack of all trades.

It has all the attachments you need to kit it out for all situations.
    You can slap HV ammo, a 3.4x or 4x scope, compensator and a underbarel smoke grenade launcher on there for some medium to long range engagements. Or you can stick a 1x or 2x scope, SP ammo, a silencer and either a underbarel shotgun or underbarel grenade launcher for close quarters.
  21. Luighseach

In fire rate only if I remember the stats correctly. The jaguar has better accuracy while standing still and hip-firing, has less recoil, and more rounds in its clip which means you can kill one person more without having to reload. It also does more damage at range when compared to the GD-7F.

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/GD-7F
    http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/LC3_Jaguar

So for spraying and praying the GD-7F is probably for you. The Jaguar however is a better overall carbine that is way better at range than the GD-7F(which is funny because the GD-7F is a NC gun and that is the NCs trait). It is also more accurate in all categories. Pre-nerf however I probably would have said GD-7F but after the carbine changes I would rather have the Jaguar.