Just for fun: Best overall gun (carbine/LMG/Assault/SMG only)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Phrygen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. TheShrapnelKing

Sounds like someone can't control the beast...
  2. Astealoth

The NS-7 is my Infil Lynx replica, it's the closest I can make. My setup is revolved around mid range Lynx play, and setting up my other classes to feel similar to that when I need sensor grids or rocket launchers in a pinch.

I say the NS-7 is a good value for the buy because it's rather capable in mid and cqc configs, can easily be loaded out for all 5 classes, multiplied by however many character slots you have, it's the most bang for 7 bucks.

Also I don't know if you have ever looked at your own stats, but you have basically never fired a rifle in your career on PS2 it seems. How would you have any expertise on them when most BR5s have more rifle kills than you? over 98.5% of your total XP is from tanks and MAX. Not trying to be mean, just curious if you have like thousands of TR rifle kills on another character. You seem to be implying that the MSW-R isn't extremely effective in ADS, which is so far out of the truth it made me giggle a little.
  3. Littleman

Assault Rifle: Gauss Rifle. The T1 Cycler is very close, offering CQC superiority as a contrast to the Gauss' mid-long range capabilities. Both are extremely capable in all fields however. I've never been let down by either gun, just by myself.

Carbine: Have to hand it to the AF-19 Mercanary, the NC starter, with the Trac-5 coming in really close. The Jaguar also works in place of the Trac-5, but it really comes down to flexibility between these two TR weapons. The AF-19 is super accurate and very rewarding. The Trac-5 comes if one-direction recoil, making it more than capable at mid-long range, where as the Jaguar's multi-directional recoil and faster ADS definitely lends it more to the CQC-mid range engagements.

LGM: Believe it or not, the EM1. Practical cousin to the T16 Rhino or to the T32 Bull (the compact version of the Rhino, really) the EM1 is the underrated CQC LMG of the NC. The anchor and the MSW-R are NICE, but I just have more fun with the EM1 and T32 Bull.

Lately I've been sticking to NS weaponry though, just for a change of pace and because they have no practical weakness.
  4. TeknoBug

Carbine: Razor GD-23, runnerup Serpent
    LMG: SVA-88, runnerup Gauss SAW
    AR: SABR-13, runnerup H-V45
    SMG: Cyclone, runnerup... none ;)
    • Up x 1
  5. TeknoBug

I wish people would stop saying the EM1 and T16 are similar, they're not. The T16 I can use all day in almost any situation, the EM1 just blows outside 10m.
  6. AirHarper

For Venu it has to be

VE33 - Great at long distance. Great and medium distance and ok at short.
    Does great damage
    Great rate of fire
    and no bullet drop at any range.
  7. IBleedblueyellow

this game is pretty unique. what is the best to one player might be crap to another, this is a good thing.

having said that i find i am most proficient with the MSW-R. a close ssecond is anything attached to my kinetic armor 4 max =)

i will say that vanu weapons are ez mode and anyone listing them are lazy and lack skill to actually play a challenging faction...=) no bullet drop....lols
  8. Ash87

Yeah, I recently got more time to experience the Orion... that thing is absolutely brutal at close range.
  9. Epic High Five

With the grip, I can two burst shielded HAs from the tower pad to the ground. It's the most accurate bullet hose I've ever used and to top it all off, in addition to being incredible it gets free exmags.

It's like a Carnage BR except better in every way. It really benefited from the GU12 ADAD fix because shots land reliably at middle distances more often and boy are there a lot of them. I don't have many certs on my medic yet but I probably average a 4+ kdr when I'm playing aggressively and a 6+ when I'm lazy and just keeping people alive.

I miss my NC's max grenade bandoleer though :(
  10. Hoki

Overall best infantry weapon, probably the magic jag with nothing but a forgrip. When you dress it up with silencers and lasers it loses its magic.

Best overall assault rifle I like the T1 cycler with a foregrip.

And for heavy assault I'd have to go with the dresses up MSW-R for that in-your-face slugout, which still retains its ability to reach out and touch.

Best overall sniper rifle, I like my naked SR-7.
  11. Brayton

ACX-11 carbine rifle is so damn awesome.
  12. Sovereign533

i tried TR, got my hands on a Cycler TRV and i'm appalled at how easy it is to use. so my vote would go for that one =p
  13. Phrygen

post nerf jag not what it was.
  14. Phrygen

its... its as if there is this way... where people can have multiple characters. Not to mention you aren't exactly one to being calling people out. You got about 1500 kills with the carv, 500 with a shottie, 500 with an smg...and 800 with a carbine (ish). Not sure what your issue is. I'm not going to try and dismiss your ideas about the MSW-R because you have less kills with it than i have with a rhino....

MSW-R is imho, not as effective in ADS as the rhino or TMG-50 at medium to long ranges. It can ADS fine on short to medium range.
  15. XOLiD

SVA-88 clear winner outright.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sossen

It's not only a hipfire weapon, even if it has a pretty bad ADS accuracy it still has the 0.75 ADS move speed.
  17. rickampf

IMO:

LMG = SVA-88 (Easy to use and deadly)
    SMG = PDW-16 Hailstorm. (SMG with 60 rounds? **** yeah!)
    Heavy Weapons = Jackhammer (love it)
    Carbine = LC3 Jaguar (40 rounds, accurate hip fire... a must)
    Assault rifle = TAR (cause... DAKKA!!!)
    ES Pistol = TX1 Repeater (cause... never is enough dakka)
  18. Phrygen

good point.
  19. Torok

It's there, check the Q?KPU stat

Quarter Battle ranks 1-25 25-50 etc. etc. :D
  20. Rogueghost

I would accept the VX6-7 but the GD-7F is a terrible gun outside 15 meters, recoil is difficult to manage and when I used it as NC I found myself taking almost an entire mag to kill one person.

The GD-7F is in the same boat as the serpent, was added before SMGs existed and when they were added were completely outclassed by them.