GU08 - What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, May 1, 2013.

1. Dinapuff

Probably balanced this way due to ZOE. This way you get to have the accuracy and the range while also getting the damage if you want or need it.
    • Up x 3
  2. Lazaruz

The Harasser is probably fun for a couple days, a week at most. After that it's back to the same old routine.
  3. Zotamedu

That's what I wanted the Striker to be! Rapid fire AT weapon and all we got was another dull, worthless lock on launcher.
  4. MetalGrave

I was just post this but I say pump action
  5. InMedeasRage

So our minilancer has roughly half the DPS to mitigate hitting at range. Welp, the lancer was heavily panned on release and look at us now :D, hopefully this follows in the lancer's footsteps.

I really hope the total range on the laser guided Raven isn't the infinity range of the current AV turret. The fracture looks like a great weapon overall without imbalance.

As for aesthetics, DANGER WILL ROBINSON, DANGER. YOUR LASER PISTOL IS TOO 50'S FOR THIS GAME.
    • Up x 1
  6. RIctavius

better offer a bundle!!!
    • Up x 1
  7. InMedeasRage

I think they're beginning to mix armor, health, and penetrative power. If you play Warhammer 40k at all, I think this patch is introducing the concept of AP values. Base guns, AP weapons, Dalton, and Shredder would be AP2. God help us when they release something that's AP1.
  8. Bucketnate

more damage to other vehicles bro...the tanks are the only ones with the armor boost
  9. InMedeasRage

When did they talk about a charge cannon for the mag?
  10. biterwylie

Love the TR helmet. I can see whole outfits using white ice camo and using the dark side of the force :)
    • Up x 3
  11. NC_Edacyn

SHUT UP AND JUST TAKE MY MONEY MMM'KAY?
  12. Eclipson

As long as you don't cut our fps in half with this update, i'll be happy.
  13. Caserion

Why a bundle?
  14. Cryptek

FALSE

We damn well need travel mode. The MAX needs a way to get itself around the battlefield.

Harassers do nothing to stop MAXes from being abandoned and having to run 700 meters to the next battle, except add a vehicle that will abandon you with more speed than a sunderer or a galaxy can.
    • Up x 1
  15. xelotar

well, this is going to be an awesome update
    VS gets ugly and underperforming crap... yay
    i'd like a cool helmet for once... you know, other than the generic ones with some hockey/skullmask that every faction has...
    but i guess that won't happen anytime soon
    • Up x 4
  16. SturmovikDrakon

Vortex still looks like a toy

sigh
    Seriously, what is the point of having rails on those things?

Couldn't you at least close the arms like you did on the starter AI weapons?
    • Up x 1
  17. gigastar

Theres already stuff being extracted from the game files indicating that SOE intend to add some more... unique MBT weapons for thier big update.

A chargeable variant of the Supernova doesnt seem all that farfetched, it might even be the long-range main gun the Magrider never got.
  18. Ibuprofen

I'd really like to know what the damage/time numbers are for the charge on the Vortex because, right now, it looks like it is just massively worse than the other two new MAX weapons.
    • Up x 2
  19. monk1junk1

So..... What's the deal-e-o with max grenade launchers and flamers? One minute they're in the test server, now they're not and there's no mention of them in the notes....
  20. DramaticExit

Said the actress to the bishop.