GU08 - What to expect and when.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, May 1, 2013.

1. Advanced Darkness

Can't complain about additions to the game but I'm sure somehow someone will.
  2. llPendragon

Are these the damage ratings for a charged burst?

Because I'm reading the same description, and it looks like it can shoot the full 12 rounds in one burst to me.
  3. LanceHavenbay

I just forsee many issues possibly arising. Rear damage to the Harrasser is tremendous. Mix that with small arms fire and this is one dead vehicle, no matter how quickly you move. :/

Reminds me of this time I unsuspectingly flew my Reaver over a tank column with about 20 Walkers mounted on them. o_O Though they did not do enough damage to kill me, the few stray Striker rounds were able to finish me off.

-I can dumbfire an Afterburnering lib with my Devastator. (;
    -Hawk locks quickly. Even if terrain is present, any well places rocket squad will send missiles flying down from a cliff/hilltop, beating any lateral cover that the Harasser may obtain.
  4. ValorousBob

If the charge mechanic on our new toy laser pistol thing works like it does for the Lancer, it will actually decrease DPS when compared to rapid uncharged shot.
  5. The_Shruberer

No, they are considering non-charged bursts, since I don't have any data on charge time and charged shot damage. If it behaves like the lancer, then Damage per second will be lower for the VS max. If someone who has the test server up could get some data on that, it would help me out tremendously :)
  6. llPendragon

1. I'd love to see you kill a Harasser with Hawks.
    2. Being vulnerable is why the Harasser isn't waaaaaaaaaay more powerful than a Lightning. (You can have a f-ing MAX on the back! With two shiny new AV guns!!!!)
    3. It's faster than an after burning Liberator and you won't have near as long a sight line on the ground.
    4. We already have plenty of vehicles that can't be shot with small arms. Get one of those if you don't like it.
    • Up x 1
  7. commandoFi

Gimme mah stormtrooper helmet now!
    • Up x 1
  8. Caudill

Can you make it so we can change squad colors? If not, just make Charlie squad something other than purple. It is very confusing if you show empire colors (which I think most of us do, so we know what weapons to expect on out radar). Charlie squad looks like VS! I have shot many allies by accident this way.
    • Up x 1
  9. llPendragon

I think I'm making my point, but I'm not conveying the possible awesomeness very well.

Comparing DPM or DPS doesn't always convey the leathality of weapons. This works when you're talking about the same type of gun, but it can fall apart if the guns are dissimilar enough. Look at the difference between your best LMG and the pump shotguns. A pump shotgun can't even remotely match the DPM or DPS of a LMG, but I think we all know that it doesn't mean the shotgun is worthless. Using it just a little differently can mean the difference between wrecking face and looking like a fool.

I'm saying the burst damage from fully charging two of those AV guns may be wrecking face more often than not.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

Can't wait to try the harasser out and see all the terran stormtroopers. :D
    • Up x 1
  11. PeanutMF

Actual laser beam main cannon on the magrider please, 'kay thanks.
    • Up x 1
  12. Chubzdoomer

Looks good. I really look forward to seeing the Harasser in action and what type of effects it will have on the game. I must say, however, that I'm still amazed at just how lame the new NC helmet looks versus the VS and especially TR's. The TR's new "Stormtrooper" helmet is nothing short of badass.
  13. The_Shruberer

You can still compare DPS between LMG and PA shotguns. Let's take a look at the stats:

Gauss Saw: 167 dmg, 600 RPM = 1670 dmg per sec
    Claw: 134*10 dmg, 100 RPM = 2233 dmg per sec

These stats will hold as long as the claw doesn't need to reload. Notably, the whole story isn't told by these stats alone, since clearly a single pull of the trigger can insta-kill at point blank. However, you can still see the relative effectiveness of a shotgun vs. a LMG at close range. Same concept applies to the MAX AV weapons.
    • Up x 1
  14. ValorousBob

That's certainly a legitimate point. Depending on how the Vortex works it might be great. Regardless, I'm pretty sure MAXs are not the right platform for AV weapons, and I'm not really eager to give SOE any of my money. I won't be buying/using this thing for awhile.

Honestly I'm more irritated by the ******** looking helmet the VS are getting, and the Vortex being underwhelming just added to my disappointment.
    • Up x 1
  15. Myka

Rapidly getting tired of the VS being given absolute crap compared to the other two empires. For crying out loud SOE, it's about time you developed some creativity when it comes to the Vanu. It's also about time you realised that in most combat scenarios in this game, MOBILITY is not an advantage.

Barely any of us wanted the Lancer to be our MAX AV weapon, and the models look ******* terrible. Just terrible.

Not only that, but the ZOE is still the worst of the three new MAX abilities by a WIDE margin. It is still the only one with a massive downside that cannot be negated by smart positioning like the other two, and it smacks of a simple lack of creativity. If all you could come up with was ZOE, out of all the hundreds of cool suggestions thrown around over the last few weeks, then you need some better designers.

But worst of all, the crowning turd in the water pipe - is that they've gone ahead with this crap. Despite almost all feedback on both the Vortex and the ZOE being that they are both dull, ineffective at their intended role, lack imagination and are significantly underpowered when compared to the other two - WE ARE STILL GETTING THEM.

What use is feedback, or the test server, if you ignore 90% of those who have tested and offered feedback that they don't like something? TR & NC are chuffed to bits with their MAX abilities, and rightly so - not been much complaining from either side. The overwhelming VS response, in comparison, has been either 'meh' or 'oh god no'. Yet here we are, stuck with sub-standard kit AGAIN, despite all our best efforts to get them changed.

The message is clear. Don't play Vanu. Just don't bother. We don't have bullet drop - except on weapons where it would actually be useful, and we pay for it with super-slow projectile velocities, over-nerfed weapons (hello Saron, Hailstorm), and abilities that are in almost every case inferior to those of the other two factions. Agility is useless in a world of Torque-buffed MBTs and Lock-on Launchers. Technology equals might? Don't make me ******* laugh.
    • Up x 9
  16. Nahwel

Finally... the COLORS!!! I CAN CHANGE THEM :D
  17. Stew360

Sometime i dont freaking know what higby have in mind when he chek in ideas from the design team ...

REALLY ? BUFFING tanks agains infantry ?

IS THIS A JOKE ?

Tanks are already farming infantry soldiers like NO END ... and now you think it was a good idea to force player to be at least 4 to 10 heavy assault to take down a single OP ENG/magriders lone wolf ?

It was already freaking a pain to hit those because its almost impossible to hit them properly in the back since they are always mooving chaotically

GOOD JOB really

MAN i cant beleive this ....
    • Up x 1
  18. Stew360

they shoot at 180 rpm i think you miss something

12 shot per mag

your calculation do not take in count the magazine count + reload time rigth ? as well as the muzzle velocity rigth ?
  19. Crazytrain

o_O

Did you type this about 5 months ago and just post it now?
    • Up x 3
  20. Stew360

to be honest the MAg rider and the scythe should be remoove from this game and also the ZOE should never ever been introduce because like Anything that is VS it create huge imbalance in the game in favor of VS and everything that is VS are Easymode Infantry farming devices and KDR whoring